• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Heroes RPG feedback

Fire3

Iron
Hey, I'm not gonna go too much into details as I'm still a nub as far as classes go, but here's some suggestions based on my impressions of the system.

• Streamline. Less classes, but each class has more fun abilities.
  • No starting classes, just advanced classes from the beginning.
  • Make the classes be less LIMITING and more REWARDING. The spells and abilities you gain should all be new stuff, and you should be able to do all the normal MineCraft stuff at level 1. This way it'll be more like "Yay I'm a Monk I get all this new exciting stuff!" instead of "Argghh I'm a Monk, sure I can punch people off ledges, but I can't do X and Y and Z and W etc."

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
yeah and we should all get lightning and ICs and wolves and fireballs.

-1 Choosing just one spec at a time is what makes each "limited" class rewarding.

Fire3

Iron
How's it rewarding to be stripped off 50 things you could normally do in MineCraft, and in turn gain maybe 5 things from which 2 are actually fun? Not just that, but you have to grind for months just to get those couple of skills.

Fire3

Iron
If you post, post something constructive.
yeah and we should all get lightning and ICs and wolves and fireballs.

-1 Choosing just one spec at a time is what makes each "limited" class rewarding.
As far as I know, Lightning and Fireballs aren't something you can do normally in MineCraft. Those would be great for skills for a class. Not sure what is IC, but I assume it's some advanced redstone stuff, which woulld also be perfect for a class. Wolves should be allowed for all. They can still be class specific, for example a Beastmaster or Ranger or whoever would be a natural fit for wolves, could have their wolves do more damage than normal wolves, or perhaps they could have a wolf specific ability. Think before you post!
people bitch when they could be leveling.
If you post, post something constructive.

Demonxman

Obsidian
that was constructive and it was very true. I've already mastered rogue and am on healer but the only downfall is my boredom of the game itself and the minecraft problems of late.

mine to level base classes than depending on the class you are you can either mine or try and use a spawner to level. it really is not that hard. It's repetitive yes but this is minecraft not some mmo like wow or similar games that have been coded from scratch with no base program (usually?) so yea, if you don't like it, suggest new ways that are not too complex or leave.

I know, kinda off topic but I think I saw you were bitching about skills and having to level to get to them. sorry, but what game do you ever see you getting EVERY spell, skill or talent in the early levels or even all at once? lol... the answer is quite obvious, you wont because if you did it would be pointless to do anything except pvp and some of us are on herocraft for the thrill of accomplishing something that is very difficult.

Fire3

Iron
Problem is that even if one grinds all the way to max level of an advanced class, he will still be more limited than a normal minecraft player! It's just not really fun. I'm not bitching, I'm posting a suggestion how to make the system better in my opinion. It's a bad attitude and very childish to go around yelling your players to "leave if you don't like it!!" instead of working together to make the server better for everyone.

I'll try once more to get my point across with a real life example:

Imagine you were a human. (hard, huh?)
Now, your hands and legs are removed. Also, your hearing, sight, touch, smell and taste senses are removed.
Now, you have to work in a coal mine for 30 years without any of those.
Once you are done, you will get one limb and one sense back.
Fun, huh?

Now imagine you were a human.
You keep all your limbs. You keep your senses.
You'll be fine with those if you choose so, but you also have the opportunity to work to become a superhuman!
You can get new abilities, like becoming invisible for 15 minutes, or you learn to fly, or teleporting!
Now THAT sounds fun, right?

Shortyy_oD

Legacy Supporter 3
Fire3

Your suggestions are good ones, don't listen to the above people.

I honestly see where you are coming from because as a long time member I have been using the Heroes plugin on this server since the map wipe. And it has been total HELL trying to level up sometimes but in the end when you do achieve that extra skill or you do master that class, it feels amazing!

But, those base classes you are thinking of getting rid of, honestly help out skill building and it is more rewarding at the end if you do master it. You go from being a lvl 1 Warrior with 20 HP to a lvl 50 Warrior with 50 HP and 4 NEW classes to choose from that have all new skills, more HP, more weaponry, and more expertise. All it is is a building experience to really give you something to work towards. If you take out the base classes no one would be Grandmaster ATM I'll tell you that now, just because there really was no way of earning those classes or obtaining the right to play as them. All it does is make it more fun in my eyes. It gives you a sense on what the next 4 classes will be about and teaches you a little thing or two about playing with the Heroes plugin.

Also, the objective of HC is supposed to be Hardcore so not everyone has these really nice Lvl 50 skills. It is designed so that few people are masters of 1 class.

I hope this helped you out man.

Keep playing HC!