• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Help with lag?

Fire3

Iron
Heya,

MineCraft multiplayer has been lagging for me ever since the dyes update (1.3 I believe?). Tho, I only play on this server, so I'm not sure if it's because of MineCraft or the server. Anyway, any suggestions how to reduce lag while playing MineCraft to make it playable again?

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
So you know, this isn't a global, server-wide issue. Some players (like myself) play with relatively low lag. FPS is a bitch for me, though, but that's Lappy's fault.

I don't have any advice on lag reduction, but I'm sure we'll get some in this thread shortly. Just wanted to remark on that.

Fire3

Iron
Doreagarde said:
So you know, this isn't a global, server-wide issue. Some players (like myself) play with relatively low lag. FPS is a bitch for me, though, but that's Lappy's fault.

I don't have any advice on lag reduction, but I'm sure we'll get some in this thread shortly. Just wanted to remark on that.
It might still have something to do with the server, just not everyone experiences problems from it.

beingben

Stone
nah, its 100% not the server. Its on your end, try adjusting the video to the lowest possible, updating java to 7, updating your GFX card (driver), simple things like that can fix it. My brothers computer sucks so bad he cant move, but when he plays out of the browser there is no lag for him, try that.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
If lag only happens to certain people, then, regardless of what problems the server might be generating, there must be a factor on the client's side. Don't give up!

No one has mentioned this already so I'll go ahead:

There is a mod called Optimine that really boosts minecraft's performance. I play on a laptop and this mod makes the game bearable.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=132717

^That's the link. Give it a try if you don't already use it. In my opinion it is the best mod created :p