• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Hello!

SunnWukong

Dirt
So, I played Herocraft years and years ago. In fact, it might have been as early as 2014?

I love this server and would love to see it active again. I was thinking, what if we capitalized on the Dark and Darker trend before any other modders do? You already have unique and fun classes, if you had a dark and darker-esque dungeon mode I guarantee you could get the server jam-packed with people again. Any sort of dungeon delvy kind of thing honestly

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So, I played Herocraft years and years ago. In fact, it might have been as early as 2014?

I love this server and would love to see it active again. I was thinking, what if we capitalized on the Dark and Darker trend before any other modders do? You already have unique and fun classes, if you had a dark and darker-esque dungeon mode I guarantee you could get the server jam-packed with people again. Any sort of dungeon delvy kind of thing honestly
Having been out of the MC field for a bit, what is Dark and Darker trend? can you explain it specifically?

SunnWukong

Dirt
Having been out of the MC field for a bit, what is Dark and Darker trend? can you explain it specifically?

So, essentially, Dark and Darker is a dungeon delving RPG that takes place in a single pre-built dungeon, a single round lasts 10 minutes and the goal is to look gear and treasure to equip and sell. If you die in the dungeon, everything you have on you is dropped on the ground for folks to loot.

Near the end of the round escape portals begin to spawn that will let people escape back to the lobby safely with their loot.

Inside the dungeon are tons of mobs to fight and it's open pvp, so there are lots of wild battles between different classes over loot and escape portals.

What makes me think this would work out so well is that it just needs one pre-built dungeon with pre-set mob spawns and a simple plugin that resets the mobs and treasure chests, and spawns escape objects as the timer counts down. The most complex part is having interesting classes to choose and form a party with, but Herocraft already has a lot of fun and unique classes.

The most recent playtest for Dark and Darker was done via torrent and discord because they are facing a lawsuit for stolen assets, and that playtest, even just being distributed by torrent, hit over 500,000 players within an hour of releasing. And the fanbase is absolutely desperate to play more 'extraction' type dungeon delver. So I think even the most basic dark and darker style plugin would probably fill up a server nearly instantly. (If 1% of the playtest population decided to play a minecraft plugin of the game, that's 5000 people already)

I tried to find a minecraft server that was doing it but to my surprise, literally nobody has yet, but it would be something that would draw a ton of players for what could be a pretty simple plugin.

I started fiddling with command blocks and it seems like I could get it working with those pretty easily honestly with some effort, but a serverside plugin would be more efficient

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

So, essentially, Dark and Darker is a dungeon delving RPG that takes place in a single pre-built dungeon, a single round lasts 10 minutes and the goal is to look gear and treasure to equip and sell. If you die in the dungeon, everything you have on you is dropped on the ground for folks to loot.

Near the end of the round escape portals begin to spawn that will let people escape back to the lobby safely with their loot.

Inside the dungeon are tons of mobs to fight and it's open pvp, so there are lots of wild battles between different classes over loot and escape portals.

What makes me think this would work out so well is that it just needs one pre-built dungeon with pre-set mob spawns and a simple plugin that resets the mobs and treasure chests, and spawns escape objects as the timer counts down. The most complex part is having interesting classes to choose and form a party with, but Herocraft already has a lot of fun and unique classes.

The most recent playtest for Dark and Darker was done via torrent and discord because they are facing a lawsuit for stolen assets, and that playtest, even just being distributed by torrent, hit over 500,000 players within an hour of releasing. And the fanbase is absolutely desperate to play more 'extraction' type dungeon delver. So I think even the most basic dark and darker style plugin would probably fill up a server nearly instantly. (If 1% of the playtest population decided to play a minecraft plugin of the game, that's 5000 people already)

I tried to find a minecraft server that was doing it but to my surprise, literally nobody has yet, but it would be something that would draw a ton of players for what could be a pretty simple plugin.

I started fiddling with command blocks and it seems like I could get it working with those pretty easily honestly with some effort, but a serverside plugin would be more efficient
I'm sad I missed this game.. it seems dead now or the play test is gone?

SunnWukong

Dirt
I'm sad I missed this game.. it seems dead now or the play test is gone?
The playtest is done for now, they were supposed to release for early access this month, but it seems like they might postpone early access release until their lawyer gets them back onto Steam.

There is someone doing a private server soon, maybe within the next week their private server will be playable:

https://discord.gg/thepizzeria
It might be the only way to play it for a month or two while the main developers work on fighting the lawsuit

It's a REALLY fun game

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The playtest is done for now, they were supposed to release for early access this month, but it seems like they might postpone early access release until their lawyer gets them back onto Steam.

There is someone doing a private server soon, maybe within the next week their private server will be playable:

https://discord.gg/thepizzeria
It might be the only way to play it for a month or two while the main developers work on fighting the lawsuit

It's a REALLY fun game
Having not played it, what makes it so much fun and different? I'm going to try and give it a go but would love to know what you love most