• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Harmtouch Change

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
I feel that harmtouch is currently in iffy position because it is a 15 minute single target plaguebomb. I feel that harmtouch should do a little more for the length of its cooldown. I was talking to @Irishman81 about some things that can be changed.

1. Make it so that its something like mortal wound, but it does around 200 magic damage or so and it decreases the targets selfheals and any heal they can put on party members for a duration of about 6 seconds +.25 per every 3 charisma added or something along those lines. This option would make dreadknight more viable in team fights and you might actually see some more dreadknight on tourney teams.

2. Another option would be to decrease the cool down on harmtouch to something like 8 minutes. Personally im not a fan of this option as much as the first one because it doesn't give it as much of team fight potential as the first option does.

I think that most of you won't agree with this , but I personally feel that its time for harmtouch to be changed.

Feel free to leave some suggestions on how this idea can be improved if you disagree with it.

@moosearefish
@MunchlaxHero

Last edited:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I feel that harmtouch is currently in iffy position because it is a 15 minute single target plaguebomb. I feel that harmtouch should do a little more for the length of its cooldown. I was talking to @Irishman81 about some things that can be changed.

1. Make it so that its something like mortal wound, but it does around 200 magic damage or so and it decreases the targets selfheals and any heal they can put on party members for a duration of about 6 seconds +.25 per every 3 charisma added or something along those lines. This option would make dreadknight more viable in team fights and you might actually see some more dreadknight on tourney teams.

2. Another option would be to decrease the cool down on harmtouch to something like 8 minutes. Personally im not a fan of this option as much as the first one because it doesn't give it as much of team fight potential as the first option does.

I think that most of you won't agree with this , but I personally feel that its time for harmtouch to be changed.

Feel free to leave some suggestions on how this idea can be improved if you disagree with it.

@moosearefish
@MunchlaxHero
I actually agree with option 1) because it would be good for the team fight potential of the class. I personally dislike 15minute cool down skills in a team fight because you usually only use it once, and especially with harm touch, it won't change much. With option one, it has a better value in a team fight,

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I personally prefer the second option because harmtouch, while weak compared to other classes, is an extremely strong ability to have on a tankier fighter class. The instant 250 damage is very strong and highly underrated, you just have to know when to use it. I think 15 minutes is definitely too long however 8 minutes is good considering how strong the ability is.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Or why not just replace positions between HarmTouch and Desecration? HarmTouch being a T2 ultimate that deals 250 magic dmg and completely stops the target's stamina and mana regen for 5 seconds with a 5-minute cooldown? *thumbs up*

Last edited:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Or why not just replace positions between HarmTouch and Desecration? HarmTouch being a T2 ultimate that deals 250 magic dmg and completely stops the target's stamina and mana regen for 5 seconds with a 5-minute cooldown? *thumbs up*
That, is a bad idea.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Sounds good to me, this will probably get implemented in some form with the next balance patch. Thanks @lionsarefish