• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Guild Wars 1 Playstyle?

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
So I spent 15 minutes writing a massive wall of text about my characters skills, armor, and weapons, and asking what playstyle they were as I didn't know of playstyles at the time and didn't use builds just what skills I liked. Atlast as I changed tab from Guild Wars Wiki armor page back to this I unintentionally hit the x button.... So I am just going to say this in a really condensed way.

Prophecies Warrior: Bleed and Cripple Skils, Monk elite skill(shield of Judgment)was my main, I had Gladiators Stance and like 2 others, Elite Gladiator armor, and a high level Nightfall sword that was given to me.

Nightfall Paragon: Fire skills like 3 chants, 1 buff, 1 fire dmg for teammates, and 1 like attacks against teammates attacker takes fire dmg. Elite skills: Focused Anger, Cruel Spar, Crippling Anthem, Anthem of Guidance, Angelic Bond, and It's Just A Flesh Wound. Primeval Armor, Suntouched Spear and Heraldic Shield. So endgame weapons and armor.

Factions Assassin: 1/2 Exotic Armor 1/2 Elite Exotic Armor, Shiro's Blades. Skills like leaping detah blossom, black mantis thrust, black lotus strike, crippling dagger, dancing daggers, golden lotus strike, Elite Skill: Flashing Blades, Locust's Fury, Beguiling Haze.

So guys what are my characters' playstyles, and what are your playstyles? As I said this is a much condensed version of the original post.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
I shall hop on now and see what skillset I used for my Warrior tank.

EDIT: Alright, he's a prophs Warrior too and this skillset was used only with prophs/EOTN skills as I had gotten the other two expansions (Factions and Nightfall) how many years later. I'm aware that there's better skills than what I use, but again, I never updated it to include the other two factions.

Endure Pain, Dolyak Signet, "To The Limit", Defy Pain, Great Dwarf Armour, Balanced Stance, Dwarven Stability and "You Move Like a Dwarf!"

As for my Ritualist, it's basically your standard SoS build, but it's been tweaked a few times to cater for a 3 SoS UW farming team (as having more than 1 of the same spirit is a waste).

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
Hey Oxea want to to start a brand new Guild Wars char with me once I get out of pre searing?

I'm currently half way through the Factions campaign on my Ritualist helping a friend, I wouldn't mind going back to the Prophecies campaign to help out - Just tell me your name and I'll add you!

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Oh how I wish I never got rid of my GW! Though I played it so long ago (I was probably 8-9 when I played), I can still remember what class I was in factions. I was an Assassin/Ranger but I never really used my ranger because my entire hotbar was filled with one chain of skills and shadowstep.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
Luxon's are still domming in PvP for Factions lol, they control most of the map haha. I PvP'd a lot with my Warrior, I was mainly a sword/shield condition pusher on the squishies.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
When I quit the Lux's were getting beaten pretty badly. Great to hear how they are doing now though :D

Yeah back then the Kurzick's were owning but they gradually declined in popularity so now for how many years, the Luxon's have been on top. I wanted to make my clan Luxon but I guess you could say I got "peer pressured" into choosing Kurzick instead due to their armour design lol.

I regret it now haha, but it's all good. I'm aiming to get Elite Kurzick armour for my Ritualist anyway, I don't care about allegiance to either side, GW2 is around the corner :p

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
I can destroy most rangers and caster types and sometimes warriors with my assassin.

Assassin's should be easily able to take them on in a 1v1, but that's all dependent to their skill set etc. An Assassin vs. Dervish battle though is something to be contested, I've lost many and won the same with it coming down to chaining skills properly and timing.

I chose Luxon because I love jade...
and toitles

Yeah same, it's their nomadic look and stuff what got me appealed in general, preferred it over the Kurzick look anyway haha.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Shadowstep was my favorite when I was an assassin. Mostly because my chain of skills was really long and I usually got it disrupted and shadowstep was a great way to get away fast for a retry.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
Shadowstep was my favorite when I was an assassin. Mostly because my chain of skills was really long and I usually got it disrupted and shadowstep was a great way to get away fast for a retry.

That's how I got sniped in PvP lol, an Assassin would shadowstep to me (on my Warrior) and open up with some knockdown move, blinding or bleeding skill and then another knockdown followed by some quick combos to my death :p

Kourne

Legacy Supporter 3
If someone is interested we could form a party sometime and just do guff for the heck of it. ;)
Anyone that want to add me ingame: Gilian Silvereye is my main.