• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Give Engineer MOAR IC's!

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Alright, I know what you're thinking when you read the tittle "But Alch, engineers already have a lot of IC access, why don't you just be happy with what you have?"

And to that, I counter that if you opt to go and play an engineer character then you're likely the type that likes to experiment. Although I find the amount of simplified redstone circuits refreshing, I find myself disappointed that I don't have access to IC items like the block breaker or the sorter. I understand that craft book has a lot of cheat IC's, but there are IC's that have a lot of uses that Herocraft chose not to include. Here are the ones I'd like to see enabled in the near future:

[MC1209] Item Collecter: Collects items into a chest on top of the block. This has a handy use in automatic farming systems using water. It could also be used in the next suggested IC.

[MC1243] Distributer (Sorter): This handy little IC sorts items to the left and right depending on what is contained inside the chest. This allows for an incredible amount of flexibility in sorting mechanics and makes organizing your item collections of items must simpler. By allowing this, you can throw all your items at a sign and sort it down to its individual chests--and even better, it doesn't use hoppers!

[MCX231] Storm Senser: Pretty simple what this one does, it just senses weather or not the weather is storming. Although this seems to have only a few uses, I don't see why Engineers should not have this particular IC as it adds more potential to builds.

[MC1223] Terraformer: Simply put, this allows engineers to make machines that automatically input bonemeal out to all of the nearby crops within a certain range. By allowing this, and ONLY this IC in the agricultural part of craft book allows Engineers and Farmers to work together in farm design. This particular IC can't be abused either way.

[MC1220]-[MC1221] Block breaker: Breaks blocks above and below, or left or right of the sign. This has multiple uses, mostly involving Pistons on a cobblestone machine (let's be honest, infinite cobblestone isn't that OP, it's more of a quality of life item.)

[MC1214] Ranged Collector: Simply the same was the collector but for further ranges . Might be iffy, should test this first.

These are all IC's that I think the engineer could easily make use of, and I think they add to the capabilities for the class to experiment to their heart's content.

@Kainzo

Last edited: