• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Fall Damage.

Should fall damage be changed?

• Change to a percent based damage system

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Increase the numbers for Fall Damage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave Fall damage unchanged

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
With Heroes in its current state People can fall stupid distances and not have to worry about dying.
As a consequence Safe Fall is not as effective as it should be.
When I was a level 24~ Caster I was able to fall a good 30 blocks and land with about 1/2 health.

So my suggestion is to either make fall damage percent based to limit the amount of blocks people are able to Fall off without having to worry about dying or upping the the numbers for fall damage.

I believe Fall Damage in its current State does (Fall Distance - 3) Damage

Sleaker

Retired Staff
we can definetely do % hp per 3 blocks (3 blocks is normally like 3 extra damage each time) - rather than doing a set amount of damage per 3 blocks (I think we have like 4 damage per 3 blocks atm)

Honestly the other issue is classes that are able to abuse their skills, which for some reason has been deemed acceptable. Jump and Blink fall in this category.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Blink seems to be acceptable to use like that to me because it is magic after all. Do you think if Nightcrawler was falling from a 20 story building he would just splat onto the ground or teleport safely?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Agreeing with whitemagehealu, it seems logical that Blink and Jump are used to mitigate fall damage given the context. If the user (either a soldier with mega-legs or a mage who can make short magic hops) has the presence of mind to make use of their abilities while falling, why would it not work?

I recall an issue with the Charge skill getting people through 1-high gaps in walls... That was considered exploiting as well, right? I'm iffy about that. Personally I'm iffy about Charge overall, but meh. If you consider that the Charger was diving at the Chargee, if would make physical sense that the skill's user could send them through a window or other gap that normal Minecraft won't let the player character move past. My mind is bringing up Bolt as well, when it was altered from an actual lightning bolt with mob-transforming powers and fire to something less spectacular. I wonder if it was subject to the same sort of deliberation.

Ideally, skill exploiting shouldn't be possible, but I understand that things don't always go the way people plan. I'm not criticizing the staff's choices- mostly it's just that I don't fully understand the reasoning behind them. Here's my mindset- if alternate uses for a skill arise, and it's fun and won't break anything, then why would you not let it happen?

And hopefully that's out of my system. :
EDIT: That's why I like you, Sleaker. You're among the happiest programmers