• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fair Release Nether

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
What we know: Nether is to be released in 1-2 weeks per @Kainzo in alerts.
What we don't know: Day or Time
What I think should happen:

So most of us know that the nether is one of the areas that will be a big target for the towns and players. Glowstone is one of the last requirements for town that is widely inaccessible as of now. To make things fair and not random, I suggest that when the nether is ready you do not release it.

Let me clarify that I believe there are two types of content releases that we've witnessed on Herocraft.
  1. Patches/Large content Updates
    1. These introduce a variety of new game mechanics, balance updates, etc.
    2. Usually given a few days to a week of heads up time
    3. Includes Patch Notes
  2. Hotfixes/Quick Updates/Random Content
    1. New mechanics are sometimes released this way (cooldown timers, HUD, etc)
      1. These are not always completely fleshed out ideas
      2. Can always be hotfixed to fix the hotfix. Pretty much it means its a WiP
    2. Little to no warning
    3. Added to patch notes after implemented
IMO, The Nether release is a very major part of gameplay and under no circumstances should it be released as a hotfix/quick update/random content.

With the Nether, we get the
  1. Introduction of a "new" game mechanic
  2. Introduction of a multitude of high demand items (quartz, blazerods, glowstone, netherbrick, etc)
  3. Introduction of a new revenue stream (quartz)
  4. Introduction of a new market (necromancers, runesmiths)
The release of The Nether as a full fledged content update has nothing but benefits:
  1. Fair and level playing field ( no one group can corner the market)
  2. Time to release content as planned. If something goes wrong, you can just push back the release.

TL;DR
RELEASE THE NETHER AS A CONTENT UPDATE WITH AN ANNOUNCED TIME AND DAY IN A FORUM POST RATHER THAN A RANDOM RELEASE

Please comment, rebuke or agree. I want to know what the community thinks. Also, keep opinions regarding other towns/factions to yourself. This is solely about fair release.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What we know: Nether is to be released in 1-2 weeks per @Kainzo in alerts.
What we don't know: Day or Time
What I think should happen:

So most of us know that the nether is one of the areas that will be a big target for the towns and players. Glowstone is one of the last requirements for town that is widely inaccessible as of now. To make things fair and not random, I suggest that when the nether is ready you do not release it.

Let me clarify that I believe there are two types of content releases that we've witnessed on Herocraft.
  1. Patches/Large content Updates
    1. These introduce a variety of new game mechanics, balance updates, etc.
    2. Usually given a few days to a week of heads up time
    3. Includes Patch Notes
  2. Hotfixes/Quick Updates/Random Content
    1. New mechanics are sometimes released this way (cooldown timers, HUD, etc)
      1. These are not always completely fleshed out ideas
      2. Can always be hotfixed to fix the hotfix. Pretty much it means its a WiP
    2. Little to no warning
    3. Added to patch notes after implemented
IMO, The Nether release is a very major part of gameplay and under no circumstances should it be released as a hotfix/quick update/random content.

With the Nether, we get the
  1. Introduction of a "new" game mechanic
  2. Introduction of a multitude of high demand items (quartz, blazerods, glowstone, netherbrick, etc)
  3. Introduction of a new revenue stream (quartz)
  4. Introduction of a new market (necromancers, runesmiths)
The release of The Nether as a full fledged content update has nothing but benefits:
  1. Fair and level playing field ( no one group can corner the market)
  2. Time to release content as planned. If something goes wrong, you can just push back the release.

TL;DR
RELEASE THE NETHER AS A CONTENT UPDATE WITH AN ANNOUNCED TIME AND DAY IN A FORUM POST RATHER THAN A RANDOM RELEASE

Please comment, rebuke or agree. I want to know what the community thinks. Also, keep opinions regarding other towns/factions to yourself. This is solely about fair release.
We can try and make this for July 4th - but im out of town that weekend =/

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
We can try and make this for July 4th - but im out of town that weekend =/

No need for special events or anything. Please just release it when you have the time to sit down and work on any problems that might pop up.
A few days notice in a forum post will be extremely appreciated by a vast majority of the server.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
No need for special events or anything. Please just release it when you have the time to sit down and work on any problems that might pop up.
A few days notice in a forum post will be extremely appreciated by a vast majority of the server.
Oh, definitely :) Nether (Hades) is a planned release and it wont be just thrown in.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Good to hear, I was distressed to see the Trade District Shops went up without a forum post. Now someone already Yavool'd all the good tent plots!

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Anything but the July 4th weekend, lots of folks would be away. I know i'll be passed out for the following three days, so me no gusta. Haha.

How about the next friday after the 4th? That would be nice. With a few days warning, and yep.