• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Engineer

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
First off, I was just wondering when ic's would be coming back?

I would also like to address turrets. I think they're amazing but kind of useless in their current state. They take quite a bit to build which means time, along with the cool down and then only having a life span of 300 seconds. If you want to use them from a defensive stand point they don't last long enough and you can only have three in a chunk as well as being online.

So what i'm suggesting is that the life span be increased as well as the structure required to make one is reduced to something simpler to make.

Any other suggestions would be nice. Thanks! - Spartan

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
First off, I was just wondering when ic's would be coming back?

I would also like to address turrets. I think they're amazing but kind of useless in their current state. They take quite a bit to build which means time, along with the cool down and then only having a life span of 300 seconds. If you want to use them from a defensive stand point they don't last long enough and you can only have three in a chunk as well as being online.

So what i'm suggesting is that the life span be increased as well as the structure required to make one is reduced to something simpler to make.

Any other suggestions would be nice. Thanks! - Spartan
I agree to this. On a side note, how do you make a turret?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I have used Turrets to keep mobs off of me while building on my region, and to deter pvpers.

They have the right amount of building materials required, but they could last a bit longer for sure. Also, they could definitely take more ammo, right now it seems to have enough ammo to continuously fire for the entire duration with just 10 arrows in the dispenser.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I have used Turrets to keep mobs off of me while building on my region, and to deter pvpers.

They have the right amount of building materials required, but they could last a bit longer for sure. Also, they could definitely take more ammo, right now it seems to have enough ammo to continuously fire for the entire duration with just 10 arrows in the dispenser.

5 minutes definitely doesn't seem long enough to be all that useful, since you basically have to be in an area you KNOW is contested, and have time to set it all up. Now, working for an hour, or until logout... far more useful.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
dont forget its a profession skill not a combat skill.

Of course- and given that it's not a combat skill, I would never expect it to be something I'd try and use/set up while in combat itself- hence the problem. As stated, unless I KNOW that someone's coming through an area and have time to set it up before they get there, it's pretty much useless with its current duration. Now, something where I could set it up when I sign on, then have it running while I work on my structures, and not have to stop every 5 minutes to rebuild, that would be wonderful.

Ayohae

TNT
Judging from the configuration, it looks like the lifetime can be increased from 5 minutes. However, I have no idea how much lag turrets might cause or if Kainzo wants to increase the lifetime.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Judging from the configuration, it looks like the lifetime can be increased from 5 minutes. However, I have no idea how much lag turrets might cause or if Kainzo wants to increase the lifetime.

I'd be willing to scale the number of turrets back if this causes a fair bit of lag- one or two should be enough, but I dunno how to even start balancing something like this, since it's not a regular combat sort of thing.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think a 5 min duration, coupled with a 5 min cooldown, would be good.

If the turret is placed on non-regioned area, all the enemy has to do is break a torch to disable it for the cooldown duration. If it is on regions, enemies will avoid that area for a few minutes, or pass through it quickly. And again, make the turret require more ammo to balance.

Also, towns will not use this for defense likely because the turret will attack non-party members (party members too (and yourself when you're in a party lol) but thats a bug that will be sorted I assume).

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
At this point there isn't much use in turrets. They last five minutes which doesn't help very much if you're doing a larger project. If anything I would like the lifespan to be increased.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
At this point there isn't much use in turrets. They last five minutes which doesn't help very much if you're doing a larger project. If anything I would like the lifespan to be increased.
They are actually pretty good when pvping. Though they might do little dmg, they provide knockback keeping ranged classes safe.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd also like to suggest that if a turret kills something that it actually counts as a kill for the person.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd also like to suggest that if a turret kills something that it actually counts as a kill for the person.

In PvP for the death message, sure, that makes sense (although do NOT forget that this is still a Profession skill not a Combat skill), but I do not like the idea of granting experience or nugget drops for mob kills, it would make engineers level combat classes easier compared to other professions.
-1 for putting 2-3 turrets in a swamp and sitting there watching your experience bar rise.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Well, most profession help combat in some way,

Enchanter gives the user kmock backs swords and better armor, alchemist get potions, farmers get leather from cows, miners get TNT,

Sure having turret giving exp from kills is a bit to much, but make it so that items and kills of other players still count

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
In PvP for the death message, sure, that makes sense (although do NOT forget that this is still a Profession skill not a Combat skill), but I do not like the idea of granting experience or nugget drops for mob kills, it would make engineers level combat classes easier compared to other professions.
-1 for putting 2-3 turrets in a swamp and sitting there watching your experience bar rise.
I fully realize this is a proffesion and not a combat class. And what I meant was that it would display the death message. (Also, if it was to maybe it could be at a fraction of what it would normally be)

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
How bout there could be different type of turrets which required different matirials and did different things, such as a fire ball or ice ball turret and could be improved with rarer blocks such as a diamond block

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
How bout there could be different type of turrets which required different matirials and did different things, such as a fire ball or ice ball turret and could be improved with rarer blocks such as a diamond block

I like it, since a diamond block could only really be used on region, for defense, or else it would be stealable. FireArrow Turret just is a turret encased in a lava box, isnt it?

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm against giving any exp- at least, any combat exp for any kills with a turret. I'd also want a drastically reduced drop rate from mobs, so people can't dark room/spawn camp with their turrets. Still hoping for longer duration though!