• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Engineer] - CraftBook Pipes

jdyoungs

TNT
With the inception of hoppers in vanilla MC, I can see the case for pipes being even less necessary now than ever. Still, pipes are a lot more elegant and versatile, and likely less laggy than daisy chaining hoppers across long distances, which is why I feel the niche of piping from various mods was no adequately satisfied by vanilla hoppers. I assume that pipes are disallowed mostly because they deal with chest management and thus are potentially another avenue of duping exploits, however I have not found any previous documented exploits relating to this aspect of CraftBook. If there were actually previous cases and someone can link it, I will drop this suggestion entirely.
Of course, the importance of this suggestion is pretty minor in the whole scope of things, but pipes seem pretty straightforward and atomic, so they likely aren't any more detrimental to the server than other aspects of CraftBook that are already utilized. At the very least I hope to publicize that CraftBook even has pipes, as they seem to be relatively more obscure than ICs, even though they both fall under the Circuits designation.
-JD

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
With the inception of hoppers in vanilla MC, I can see the case for pipes being even less necessary now than ever. Still, pipes are a lot more elegant and versatile, and likely less laggy than daisy chaining hoppers across long distances, which is why I feel the niche of piping from various mods was no adequately satisfied by vanilla hoppers. I assume that pipes are disallowed mostly because they deal with chest management and thus are potentially another avenue of duping exploits, however I have not found any previous documented exploits relating to this aspect of CraftBook. If there were actually previous cases and someone can link it, I will drop this suggestion entirely.
Of course, the importance of this suggestion is pretty minor in the whole scope of things, but pipes seem pretty straightforward and atomic, so they likely aren't any more detrimental to the server than other aspects of CraftBook that are already utilized. At the very least I hope to publicize that CraftBook even has pipes, as they seem to be relatively more obscure than ICs, even though they both fall under the Circuits designation.
-JD
I know it has pipes, but I'm uncertain what they actually do and it's never been tested.

jdyoungs

TNT
I know it has pipes, but I'm uncertain what they actually do and it's never been tested.
They function as item transportation devices between 2 inventories. What I like about them is that they can discriminantly pull items out of the source chest, e.g. only cobble, which is not something that can be done with hoppers. Equally, it's much easier and compact to move items up, as dropper chains require a clock pulse all the way up while pipes do not. The Craftbook wiki explains how they are set up. I do hope you consider testing them in the future, as they are pretty fun!

_MadGod

TNT
I agree with this, since people will set up hopper chains anyway to move item's (which causes a lot of lag).