• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enchanted books

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
At this moment, enchanted books are useless. You can fish them up and get some really nice ones, but they don't do much. So I was thinking a bit and thought that enchanter should have a skill that applies books to certain tools. Here's my idea:

Apply Book: lvl 55 enchanter: Cost X profession exp. Cooldown 20s. cost 150 mana.

Apply the enchantments on the current enchanted book in your offhand to the tool in your hand. Amount of exp cost depends on amount and the level of enchantments. Can only be used on armor, all tools and weapons, and blaze rods plus music disc. You may not apply enchantments that would normal not belong on that tool (For Example DS to a hoe).

Just a consideration, nothing to take too seriously. Any input would be welcome.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Right now the only way to get enchants on special weapons is through rare Hero Drops, like sharpness on a disc etc. This would increase the importance of an enchanter but also take away from the use of dungeons etc, especially after many people have mastered, there really wouldn't be a use to go to these anymore, just something to consider.

This idea is great for the people, but not for the dungeons.
I'm not bashing the idea or anything just playing a little devil's advocate on the flip side of the idea. I personally think that the drop rate on special weapons should go up so that they're more ubiquitous, and I feel that having them only as rare drops will keep up the cost of the weapons and make them more special.