• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Hey pipples! So... I have been participating in the ESO beta for several months now, and I just wanted to see who else was invited and planned on playing in the upcoming beta weekend? It seems like it will be fun and I'm excited to see how the game is coming along!

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Played it, didn't like what I saw, overcrowded which is how I bet it's going to feel and even worse come when it's released... It kind of lost the adventure feel.

prohhmetheus

Legacy Supporter 6
Missed out on my beta session, how do you go about getting into another one?

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Honestly,
It seemed like an over-polished clone of WoW. They're doing some good things right but we need an mmo that will break the boundaries of what has already been done, not rehash what's already been done.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Honestly,
It seemed like an over-polished clone of WoW. They're doing some good things right but we need an mmo that will break the boundaries of what has already been done, not rehash what's already been done.

which is why I'm more interested in games like TUG, EQN and StarCitizen :)

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Look into "The Repopulation" its "SWG + UO" according to the devs

Also, TUG is mega disappointing atm. They are very far behind.

TUG didn't seem dissappointing to me, I haven't played it and I don't know if it's playable at all, but the concept looks interesting. Can't be any worse than cubeworld imo.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
TUG didn't seem dissappointing to me, I haven't played it and I don't know if it's playable at all, but the concept looks interesting. Can't be any worse than cubeworld imo.
Oh, I agree. I liked the concept - I was just disappointed that the alpha wasnt anywhere near that and was basically MC with the ability to paste items like Sims

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Got into a stress test this weekend. Should be fun.

Honestly,
I watched a vid on YouTube not to long ago basically complaining about people complaining about WoW clones. He went over how people rage at WoW clones, but when MMORPG's try to differentiate, gamers find themselves unable to relate to the game and it is not something they are familiar with. (I'm unable to find this video atm, I'll try again in the morning)

I don't call Disney's Snow White a Brothers Grimm clone. It is a reworked, and polished story for the current age.

As long as ESO improves on MMO aspects and makes small time changes, I will be happy and it will be successful.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Got into a stress test this weekend. Should be fun.

I watched a vid on YouTube not to long ago basically complaining about people complaining about WoW clones. He went over how people rage at WoW clones, but when MMORPG's try to differentiate, gamers find themselves unable to relate to the game and it is not something they are familiar with. (I'm unable to find this video atm, I'll try again in the morning)

I don't call Disney's Snow White a Brothers Grimm clone. It is a reworked, and polished story for the current age.

As long as ESO improves on MMO aspects and makes small time changes, I will be happy and it will be successful.
From their initial closed betas to the current stress tests - they have made significant changes. They went from third person only to first person primary. It's looking up but I dont want to hype it.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Not going to lie, I got bored of it after an hour. I really need to try again on the next test as I had no other time to try it.