• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druid vs. Wizard and Cleric

Alphesie

Legacy Supporter 6
As of now the new "Druid" class has abilities much like Cleric and Wizard as you can see on the wiki pages. Yet the equivalents of the skills are less effective than those 2 classes which it's skills are so similar to. Before subjecting similar skills I would like to say Druid is a very versatile class as it has a stun (entangle), rampartvine, which lets you get up walls if they are under 25 blocks high, gills, and earthwall, great for perusing and running away. Yes those are nice skills but they all rely on 2 damage skills and 3 healing skills to be effective as you either need to fight or flight. A druid can be an effective damage dealer if all allocation is put into intellect or an OK healer if all allocation is put into wisdom. But with the lack of one or the other it can't be effective whatsoever which is why I am suggesting either a damaging skills or healing skills increase in effectiveness. Everything here is with 30 wisdom points. To put these into perspective the Clerics level 35 skill SacredTouch with 30 wisdom heals for 317.5 health. The druids best (level 50) healing skill Regrowth heals for 203.75 over 15 seconds. This shows the level 50 druids best healing skill which is overtime is no where near as effective as the clerics level 30 instant cast healing skill. Another example, the druids level 10 skill Rejuvenate heals for a grand total of 137 health over 20 seconds. While the Clerics level 10 HolyAura skill heals for a total of 155 health over 16 seconds as well as healing all party members within 6 blocks. You can see for yourself on the wiki that the druids 4 healing skills done even compare with the clerics 4 lower level heals out of the 6 amazing heals it has. Now for the Druids 2 attacks. Bolt is exactly the same as the wizards bolt and Ire is a bit better than fireball for the wizard but wizard also has icebolt and a bunch of other attacks. So my suggestion for the healing would be to increase the druids healing per second skills and also increase its damage (slightly) for the 2 attack skills it has. Doing this would create a wonderful balanced druid class that would be a nice Cleric/Wizard combo. Thanks for reading and feel free to yell at my if I am being totally irrational.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Druid isn't new, it's just Mystic from last map.
HolyAura doesn't apply to the user, and Druid took Cleric's Might and has its other skills like EarthWall, RampartVine, Bolt and Port.
Cleric has heals, Dispel and Invuln.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
rejuvenate is really awful, hopefully it will get replaced with something more interesting (and powerful honestly) soon. Devs are trying to take druid more middle of road in healing, not as good a cleric, better than bloodmage / disciple, but with more general support abilities. Honestly, atm i find druid much more fun than cleric, but both classes could use some touching up / love.

Personally, i dont like having might, i would rather have additional active / interesting support abilities like rampart vine and earthwall. But probably in the minority on that.

also, our bolt is worse than wizards (theirs starts like 25 higher base damage or something, same scaling), and i would much rather have fireball than ire (better damage and longggg range projectile). Not that we should get fireball lol.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
As of now the new "Druid" class has abilities much like Cleric and Wizard as you can see on the wiki pages. Yet the equivalents of the skills are less effective than those 2 classes which it's skills are so similar to. Before subjecting similar skills I would like to say Druid is a very versatile class as it has a stun (entangle), rampartvine, which lets you get up walls if they are under 25 blocks high, gills, and earthwall, great for perusing and running away. Yes those are nice skills but they all rely on 2 damage skills and 3 healing skills to be effective as you either need to fight or flight. A druid can be an effective damage dealer if all allocation is put into intellect or an OK healer if all allocation is put into wisdom. But with the lack of one or the other it can't be effective whatsoever which is why I am suggesting either a damaging skills or healing skills increase in effectiveness. Everything here is with 30 wisdom points. To put these into perspective the Clerics level 35 skill SacredTouch with 30 wisdom heals for 317.5 health. The druids best (level 50) healing skill Regrowth heals for 203.75 over 15 seconds. This shows the level 50 druids best healing skill which is overtime is no where near as effective as the clerics level 30 instant cast healing skill. Another example, the druids level 10 skill Rejuvenate heals for a grand total of 137 health over 20 seconds. While the Clerics level 10 HolyAura skill heals for a total of 155 health over 16 seconds as well as healing all party members within 6 blocks. You can see for yourself on the wiki that the druids 4 healing skills done even compare with the clerics 4 lower level heals out of the 6 amazing heals it has. Now for the Druids 2 attacks. Bolt is exactly the same as the wizards bolt and Ire is a bit better than fireball for the wizard but wizard also has icebolt and a bunch of other attacks. So my suggestion for the healing would be to increase the druids healing per second skills and also increase its damage (slightly) for the 2 attack skills it has. Doing this would create a wonderful balanced druid class that would be a nice Cleric/Wizard combo. Thanks for reading and feel free to yell at my if I am being totally irrational.
Druids are pretty amazing if you know their play style. You're designed as a support, not a healer. I see a difference in those types of playstyles.
Like, I agree the healing is not too par with a Cleric, but they shouldn't be equivalent. Druids have their own attack mechanisms that are good with the cooperation of the heals. Druid covers healing, damage, utility and CC at a moderate level. It doesn't need a large tweak at all to be honest, I'm fine with the class because I'm getting good results with my playstyle. Utilising might with my fire aspect hoe and utilising earth wall correctly. Just some examples.
I do agree that rejuvenate is such a weak skill though. It'll definitely require a change. Maybe some of the warmups should be cut out or removed (rejuvenate with no warmup would make it decent if the healing amount is left as it is).

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Considering it seems FA is the only decent enchant you can get on a hoe compared to everyone else's stuff, I want it.
Like STDs said, FA is good on classes that kite, but on classes that rely on melee it reduces their DPS.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Like STDs said, FA is good on classes that kite, but on classes that rely on melee it reduces their DPS.
(Hooray for being off topic!)
If you're a Healer, then you always have time to kite for heals. Always.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Back on topic :p

I agree with everyone else on how rejuvenate is just a worst version of healing bloom and that it needs to be Buffed/Revamped/Replaced. Hopefully Druid will get some loving, but I'm worried that it won't take priority since Shaman is being coded atm.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Kainzo said recently that druids were getting wolf, beguilers were getting bush, and necros getting skelly I believe.

edit: recently as in yesterday or the day before, I cant remember...

Alphesie

Legacy Supporter 6
Kainzo said recently that druids were getting wolf, beguilers were getting bush, and necros getting skelly I believe.

edit: recently as in yesterday or the day before, I cant remember...
If necromancers are actually going to spawn monsters like a necromancer should I'm switching to it :p