• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dreamc's Wishlist

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
-No death chests in region protected zones. (Places you can't build in)
-Readd not losing armor [but not inventory item in hand] on death
-Readd some ability reagents (megabolt, plaguebomb, etc.) The removal of some of the reagants for abilities was nice
-READD FAUXBOMB FOR BEGUILER
-Readd arena pvp / karma / elo ( some kind of pvp goal) (I don't want all three, just something.)
-Make townmates/party members names green or obvious so team fights are less of a cluster fuck
-Make the glider unusable in combat
-Nerf single target damage of bosses in general , but add some forms of aoe
-Move the castles to at least 500m's from hero gates so we don't have infinite fights on them (except diamond of course) Also reduce cooldown on colored castles to 1.5 hours and diamand to 3
-Buff T3 to make them at least somewhat worth the grind, obviously they cant be super op compared to the average class buuuut....
-Also make fauxbomb apply the "going through a nether portal effect" for 2 secs (maybe based on charisma..?)
@Kainzo plz

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
-Readd some ability reagents (megabolt, plaguebomb, etc.) The removal of some of the reagants for abilities was nice
-Readd arena pvp / karma / elo ( some kind of pvp goal) (I don't want all three, just something.)
-Make townmates/party members names green or obvious so team fights are less of a cluster fuck
-Move the castles to at least 500m's from hero gates so we don't have infinite fights on them (except diamond of course) Also reduce cooldown on colored castles to 1.5 hours and diamand to 3
-Buff T3 to make them at least somewhat worth the grind, obviously they cant be super op compared to the average class buuuut....
-Also make fauxbomb apply the "going through a nether portal effect" for 2 secs (maybe based on charisma..?)
@Kainzo plz

1) no
2) no (these were removed for combat flow)
3) up to balance
4) yes
5) this is already happening dude...
6) this is probably the smarter fix @0xNaomi make glider unusable or pop off in combat
7) this is a scripting thing, @xexorian and others can do this, ill dive into it when i can, MythicMobs fun!
8) yes
9) these are already worth the grind imo
10) up to balance
11) why would you want a fake ability have different effects?

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
1) no

1. The only reason im not a fan of death chests on zones is because of hero gates, people are terrified of losing their stuff, which is understandable but still, it leads to infinite fights on the herogates, or if you attack someone they'll do their best to run to the gate. It just feels like an unhealthy way to pvp on the server. I know a lot of pvpers way back when bitched they're hearts out when people kept armor/item on death but i always thought that was a change for the better.

11. A man can dream, also its effects wouldn't matter as the point of fauxbomb was to fake people out with the sheep, not the explosion, so they'd waste time dodging it or something.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
1.No death chests in region protected zones. (Places you can't build in)
2. Readd not losing armor [but not inventory item in hand] on death
3. Readd some ability reagents (megabolt, plaguebomb, etc.) The removal of some of the reagants for abilities was nice
4. READD FAUXBOMB FOR BEGUILER
5. Readd arena pvp / karma / elo ( some kind of pvp goal) (I don't want all three, just something.)
6. Make townmates/party members names green or obvious so team fights are less of a cluster fuck
7. Make the glider unusable in combat
8. Nerf single target damage of bosses in general , but add some forms of aoe
9. Move the castles to at least 500m's from hero gates so we don't have infinite fights on them (except diamond of course) Also reduce cooldown on colored castles to 1.5 hours and diamand to 3
10. Buff T3 to make them at least somewhat worth the grind, obviously they cant be super op compared to the average class buuuut....
11. READD FAUXBOMB FOR BEGUILER
12. Also make fauxbomb apply the "going through a nether portal effect" for 2 secs (maybe based on charisma..?)
@Kainzo plz
1. I think there should be no death chests dropping in No-PvP areas. As it is, there are already town graveyards that towns can setup and build. Making it so raiders wouldn't be able to drop death chests while the town defenders, who already have an overwhelming advantage by being in town soil and graveyards, being able to have a chance to drop death chests just gives raiders a reason to not to raid towns anymore as such reducing the amount of PvP to just wilderness, herogate, and castle points pvp.
2. Disagree. If you're gonna make it so you can lose items on death, you might as well add armor to that list.
3. As much as it promotes graveyard/spawn rushing, I personally think that the removal of reagent for combat skills was a good and fun thing overall. So I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.
4. Sure.
5. Sure.
6. Yes please.
7. Yes please.
8. Not a PvE'r so no comment on this one.
9. Yes please, the castles are way too close to the herogates.
10. As it is, T3 is already way too strong balance-wise. But personally I think what would make T3 worth the grind is to make them more "unique." Right now, the T3 classes just feel like classes with really tanky stats with a bunch of overpowered skills that were just randomly thrown into the class. They're just not that fun to play. As far as I know, there are no skills strictly unique to the T3 classes and that their skills are just randomly taken from the other classes and renamed and adjusted slightly.
11. Same as #4.
12. Balance-wise, I think Fauxbomb should strictly just be a spell to deceive players. Giving it a "nether portal effect" is a slight buff to Beguiler. And right now, Beguiler already has good CC capabilities.

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
1) no
2) no (these were removed for combat flow)
3) up to balance
4) yes
5) this is already happening dude...
6) this is probably the smarter fix @0xNaomi make glider unusable or pop off in combat
7) this is a scripting thing, @xexorian and others can do this, ill dive into it when i can, MythicMobs fun!
8) yes
9) these are already worth the grind imo
10) up to balance

6: aren't elytra (gliders) not usuable at all currently?

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Also bindanle heals again plox, made organized fights better.
I think the new targeting system is better and should be kept. Just pressing a key to heal someone, even when you don't know where they are at and only know they are close enough is just brainless and doesn't require skill at all. A good support/healer should have good awareness of the battlefield and know where his enemies and allies are at.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I think the new targeting system is better and should be kept. Just pressing a key to heal someone, even when you don't know where they are at and only know they are close enough is just brainless and doesn't require skill at all. A good support/healer should have good awareness of the battlefield and know where his enemies and allies are at.
On paper it looks good but the gameplay says otherwise. If someone takes a bit of time learning it they can probably heal properly in a 3v3 scenario. If they are pretty good at the system they could probably manage a 5v5.

The problem is that it requires too much skill to even get, as I would call it, average healing. Barely anyone is going healer because the amount of skill required.

This is one of the very few changes that moves classes towards the 'hardcore' label that Herocraft uses but I don't think it is necessarily a good change, its just driving the majority away from the classes it effects (those that do play it barely do anything). You can also agree it is good because it doesn't rely on macros, a mod that people need to go out of the way to download.

With the majority of classes there is a large difference between no macros vs macros (going to use a simple number comparison, not completely accurate)
Melee Classes: 2 without macros compared to a 9 with macros.
Kiting: 7 without macros compared to a 9 with macros (this is more casters)

Now with healers you can barely efficiently heal 4 people without macros while with macros you can manage a lot more.

As much as it sucks, macros is needed to fight efficiently (both keybinds, and healing namebinds). Without healing namebinds macros plays a much less important roll for healers but the problem is that macros is still playing a strong roll in other classes, so much so it is needed to play. It is one of those things that you can't change it for one thing and keep it for the other (talking about the reliance on macros).

@peeeeeeeeeew @Irishman81

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
@Kainzo plz
lol

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
On paper it looks good but the gameplay says otherwise. If someone takes a bit of time learning it they can probably heal properly in a 3v3 scenario. If they are pretty good at the system they could probably manage a 5v5.

The problem is that it requires too much skill to even get, as I would call it, average healing. Barely anyone is going healer because the amount of skill required.

This is one of the very few changes that moves classes towards the 'hardcore' label that Herocraft uses but I don't think it is necessarily a good change, its just driving the majority away from the classes it effects (those that do play it barely do anything). You can also agree it is good because it doesn't rely on macros, a mod that people need to go out of the way to download.

With the majority of classes there is a large difference between no macros vs macros (going to use a simple number comparison, not completely accurate)
Melee Classes: 2 without macros compared to a 9 with macros.
Kiting: 7 without macros compared to a 9 with macros (this is more casters)

Now with healers you can barely efficiently heal 4 people without macros while with macros you can manage a lot more.

As much as it sucks, macros is needed to fight efficiently (both keybinds, and healing namebinds). Without healing namebinds macros plays a much less important roll for healers but the problem is that macros is still playing a strong roll in other classes, so much so it is needed to play. It is one of those things that you can't change it for one thing and keep it for the other (talking about the reliance on macros).

@peeeeeeeeeew @Irishman81
While I do agree that it takes a bit time of learning, I do not think that it is as hard as you say it to be to get "average" healing. It is true that in a small 3v3 scenario, healing is easier. And that in a 5v5 scenario, it does take a bit more challenge. However, I think with slight changes it should allow for even newer players to be able to heal at least "average."

So I'm gonna switch over and add some suggestions that I think may help out with being able to heal a lot easier (@Kainzo). First of all, have green and bold names for party members. I have no idea why we don't have this right now as we have had it before in previous maps. This will allow players to be able to easily distinguish between the enemy and the party.

Secondly, retweak the targeting system. Make it so "/skill [healingskill] -ts" only heals YOURSELF, -tp only heals PARTY MEMBERS, and -to only healing NON-PARTY MEMBERS. Right now, with either -ts, -tp, or -to you can heal yourself with any of those configurations. This makes it hard to heal party members as when you miss healing target, you end up starting the cast to heal yourself instead and this drastically reduces the healing efficiency. So by making it that "/skill [healingskill] -tp" only attempts to heal other PARTY MEMBERS, this should make healing a lot easier. EDIT: You can do "/skill [healingskill] -tp -to" to do this.

And lastly, just like the recent QoL changes to Bard, there should be color coded messages for the heal casting messages. In fights, especially in a 5v5 scenario, with all the skills being used, it is very hard to look at the chat and try to find your heal casting message to see if you are healing your intended target.

Personally, I still prefer the macro method of binding names to heals. However, I think the new targeting system should distinguish between the good, average, and the bad healers. Obviously, healing will not be as fast and efficient as before but I rather have that than 10+ minute fights because of the constant heals. Especially now with the targeting system, Layhands can actually be interrupted and it won't just easily turn the tide of the battle with only 1 click of a key. With the suggestions I proposed, it should at least make it easier for healing.

Last edited:

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
While I do agree that it takes a bit time of learning, I do not think that it is as hard as you say it to be to get "average" healing. It is true that in a small 3v3 scenario, healing is easier. And that in a 5v5 scenario, it does take a bit more challenge. However, I think with slight changes it should allow for even newer players to be able to heal at least "average."

So I'm gonna switch over and add some suggestions that I think may help out with being able to heal a lot easier (@Kainzo). First of all, have green and bold names for party members. I have no idea why we don't have this right now as we have had it before in previous maps. This will allow players to be able to easily distinguish between the enemy and the party.

Secondly, retweak the targeting system. Make it so "/skill [healingskill] -ts" only heals YOURSELF, -tp only heals PARTY MEMBERS, and -to only healing NON-PARTY MEMBERS. Right now, with either -ts, -tp, or -to you can heal yourself with any of those configurations. This makes it hard to heal party members as when you miss healing target, you end up starting the cast to heal yourself instead and this drastically reduces the healing efficiency. So by making it that "/skill [healingskill] -tp" only attempts to heal other PARTY MEMBERS, this should make healing a lot easier.

And lastly, just like the recent QoL changes to Bard, there should be color coded messages for the heal casting messages. In fights, especially in a 5v5 scenario, with all the skills being used, it is very hard to look at the chat and try to find your heal casting message to see if you are healing your intended target.

Personally, I still prefer the macro method of binding names to heals. However, I think the new targeting system should distinguish between the good, average, and the bad healers. Obviously, healing will not be as fast and efficient as before but I rather have that than 10+ minute fights because of the constant heals. Especially now with the targeting system, Layhands can actually be interrupted and it won't just easily turn the tide of the battle with only 1 click of a key. With the suggestions I proposed, it should at least make it easier for healing.

Doesn't -tp -to already do that? The way I have my macros set up, I have 2 one each key with -ts as one and -tp -to on the other. The -tp -to one won't let me heal myself and the -ts only heals myself. Then I just use conditional macros to alternate between the two.

I think highlighting text in heals like how Bard is now, will help immensely.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Doesn't -tp -to already do that? The way I have my macros set up, I have 2 one each key with -ts as one and -tp -to on the other. The -tp -to one won't let me heal myself and the -ts only heals myself. Then I just use conditional macros to alternate between the two.

I think highlighting text in heals like how Bard is now, will help immensely.
Nope, with -tp you can still heal yourself. At least with Shaman's Cleansespirit and Healingsurge anyway.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Nope, with -tp you can still heal yourself. At least with Shaman's Cleansespirit and Healingsurge anyway.
Use -tp -to. So "/skill healingsurge -tp -to" so it will only target party members that are not you.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah safezone combat is not fun at all. No risk, no reward. Not to mention, the new targeting makes sense, but the issue with it is that it makes healers way harder to play. Getting used to it or not, you need to learn these new command lines and to fully use the skills you'll need them binded at least twice each. (Once for party only and once for not). And for anyone who doesn't take the time to do all this (Like every other class) they run the risk of healing the enemy. Not to mention the clusterfuck that is AoE healing. Its a cool idea, I just don't think it works.

Also I'd love to see the full removal of this split combat system. It should be either Delayed clicking to fight or no delay. With the still existent Custom weapons, some players are nearly unmatched and can machine gun down targets without worry of losing.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Getting used to it or not, you need to learn these new command lines and to fully use the skills you'll need them binded at least twice each. (Once for party only and once for not). And for anyone who doesn't take the time to do all this (Like every other class) they run the risk of healing the enemy. Not to mention the clusterfuck that is AoE healing. Its a cool idea, I just don't think it works.

I don't think you understand how the current targeting system for heals work. So learning to memorize how only 3 configurations work (-tp, -ts, -to) is somehow hard? Yes, you would need to bind them at least twice. But thats only twice for each healing spell compared to binding each healing spell for each player in your party which would take up your most of your keyboard space.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think you understand how the current targeting system for heals work. So learning to memorize how only 3 configurations work (-tp, -ts, -to) is somehow hard? Yes, you would need to bind them at least twice. But thats only twice for each healing spell compared to binding each healing spell for each player in your party which would take up your most of your keyboard space.
After reading this I realize that the new system is just as macros based. Without macros you are just as screwed playing healer as you were before.

This new system does require more skill but that doesn't mean the old one was 'easy' to be good at. You needed to manage 15+ keybinds (binding multiple heals to each party member) to do it properly. That is not really easy considering you have to change your set of binds everytime you switch up your party.

The current system mainly has people running around healing their teammates randomly because it is too hectic to target someone specific in a group fight.

I really don't think this targeting system is the best way to solve the problems that healers have