• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion DreadKnights....

I am mysterious yellow. Dreadknights are one of the most feared classes in the game. But i think, given the skills they have, is too much. They have an hp cap at 123, which is understandable, being part of the warrior spec. they have 2 heals, that also does decent amount of damage, and are ranged and is pretty spamable. Dreadknights have a debuff, as well as a insane burst with harm touch. Everyone can say that this is a cry thread, but this forums is for me to suggest, and that i will do. I have just fought a dread knight literally with 10 members of my town. 10 v 1, and we lost. This is not because we suck at pvp. But having 3-4 mages in our party, being able to bolt him down a couple times, necros poisoning, rogues kicking, and buffing. We still lost, by a fair amount. I don't understand the concept behind a one man army class. he has everything anyone ever needs. His harm touch is such a troll skill, it shocks me. It might have a 15 min cool down (as stated in the wiki) but its strong enough to take people down half life, before the battle starts. If anyone can explain a "counter" to the dread knight, please tell.
This topic is up for debate, and if you think you can change my mind, then debate me about this.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't think Dreadknights are a one man army class in the slightest. Besides harmtouch, they don't really have very high DPS compared to other classes, just a boost of HP.

I've taken them out before by myself, and I'm a Necro. Caster's skills ignore armor and cut right to the HP, while squishy you can take steps to avoid the DK to put as much damage on him as possible.

The DK fits the role of a tank, and should be dealt with as such.

not high dps? are you kidding me? 6 damage with an axe, but if you combine with all their skills, can pretty much rip 30-40 health outa you in 2 seconds. without harm touch. Skills reset your invincibility, so they can hit enough times to kill you very quickly.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
s
not high dps? are you kidding me? 6 damage with an axe, but if you combine with all their skills, can pretty much rip 30-40 health outa you in 2 seconds. without harm touch. Skills reset your invincibility, so they can hit enough times to kill you very quickly.

After they blow the harmtouch they are much less frightening. 6 damage with an axe is very low compared the the samurai's 10, and the ninja's 12(that's like, double). Not to mention any skills those classes have at their disposal.

Playing a caster, melee isn't an option so i'm comfortable at range. My DOTs and drainsouls ignore armor, and i just run around like a pansy until he falls to his knees and kills over. Other strategies work, such as the rouge kick spam+melee DPS, nuking him as a wizard, or out smarting them+steady heals/smites as a cleric.

They are not a one man army. As long as you THINK they are, you will not defeat one.

sure its nothing compared to a ninja's 12 or a samurais 10. but because of their armor, a samurai will become a 4, and a ninja would become a 6. I didn't think they were till now. After that moment where my whole town tried to kill a dread knight, and lost. was when i figured how in the hell. we had necros, we had wizards, we had healers. bards. ALL of it wasn't enough to kill him. 123 hp requires about 4 bolts, his soul drain alone can heal him. He has manafreeze, which is every mage's nightmare.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
sure its nothing compared to a ninja's 12 or a samurais 10. but because of their armor, a samurai will become a 4, and a ninja would become a 6. I didn't think they were till now. After that moment where my whole town tried to kill a dread knight, and lost. was when i figured how in the hell. we had necros, we had wizards, we had healers. bards. ALL of it wasn't enough to kill him. 123 hp requires about 4 bolts, his soul drain alone can heal him. He has manafreeze, which is every mage's nightmare.

What do you think happens do the DK's 6 damage when the samurai, ninja, thief, or dragoon wear armor? Sure their armor permissions aren't as good, but it reduces the DK's melee dps into the ground. Also drainsoul doesn't do a very good job of healing. It is negligible, and burns through the DK's mana. Necros have that skill too, it's just free ranged damage with minor healing. When toe to toe with melee dps the healing is as good as negated.

Sounds like you had an army trying to kill this DK you mention. Do you have any video evidence from this that they are this over powered? Because I don't follow your story.

i do not have a video, because that doesn't seem necessary at the moment, but if i did record this, i show it too you. It was members of adamantine/panorama/raubteir came to kill the_player, we had armored warriors, i was a geared bard. and we got owned. Ill admit it, we got wrecked. But it was a 1v10, ask some members like nonam, and neko, charlie, and some other folks of the towns. We all ganged on him, but we lost. a dk's damage would be reduced to 5 from a ninja's armor, and to a 4 from samurais, not much a difference if you ask me.
Attack > Bash> attack> drain soul > attack > harm touch > attack > empathy > your dead. this combo can be done in less then 2 seconds of your good enough with binds

c12095

Holy Shit!
i do not have a video, because that doesn't seem necessary at the moment, but if i did record this, i show it too you. It was members of adamantine/panorama/raubteir came to kill the_player, we had armored warriors, i was a geared bard. and we got owned. Ill admit it, we got wrecked. But it was a 1v10, ask some members like nonam, and neko, charlie, and some other folks of the towns. We all ganged on him, but we lost. a dk's damage would be reduced to 5 from a ninja's armor, and to a 4 from samurais, not much a difference if you ask me.
Attack > Bash> attack> drain soul > attack > harm touch > attack > empathy > your dead. this combo can be done in less then 2 seconds of your good enough with binds

1v10... We have a few options as to why you all died then.

1) Your all unspeced and had no weapons

2) You all suck and clearly have no idea how to pvp

3) Player was abusing the Potion glitch

Take your pick.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
DreadKights aren't that Op...
Their main combo basicly wipes out their stamina and mana.
Maybe party pvp was on, or lag.
Or you could have been really bad at PvP.

Shadowatom

Gold
were all ten of you n a party? if you werent there is the possiblitiy you all hit each other now and then and he just got the last hits on you. if so then it sounds like something else mightve been going on. and the combo stated probably couldnt take out ten at once due to their CD times being 15mins for harm touch.

i just don't think they should be able to do what they do given what they have. Diamond legs + hat and iron everything else is like 50% damage reduction. They have 123 hp. so they could last a hell of a while. While healing. There is no way we could have lost so easily. He was binded. an everything. but as soon as he got out, he just faceraped all of us.

Shadowatom

Gold
well they are supposed to be tanks as for their damage im not sure of since ive never faced one but from everyone else it seems they dont do a very large amount.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
1v10... We have a few options as to why you all died then.

1) Your all unspeced and had no weapons

2) You all suck and clearly have no idea how to pvp

3) Player was abusing the Potion glitch

Take your pick.
I had gotten at least 40 hits on him plus bleed, bash and mortal wound. He was impaled at least 3 times and he did not die.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
A master Samurai and a master dragoon who are good at php couldn't beat him.
Haha wtf? I fought against The_Player alone and I beat the crap out of him. He even used potions and i didn't, still my DPS raped him. I am a level 55 Samurai.

TL;DR He used a potion glitch or you don't know how to PvP at all. DK's are easy kills imo.

This happened at Friday, I was being chased by 3 Eclipse members and he got way ahead the two others, my constant bowfire took him a bit down too.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Haha wtf? I fought against The_Player alone and I beat the crap out of him. He even used potions and i didn't, still my DPS raped him. I am a level 55 Samurai.

TL;DR He used a potion glitch or you don't know how to PvP at all. DK's are easy kills imo.

This happened at Friday, I was being chased by 3 Eclipse members and he got way ahead the two others, my constant bowfire took him a bit down too.
He was also border humping so he would rush in, hit us and run back. Another thing I noticed the that player was really laggy making hitting him hard.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
What do you think happens do the DK's 6 damage when the samurai, ninja, thief, or dragoon wear armor? Sure their armor permissions aren't as good, but it reduces the DK's melee dps into the ground.
Its been a while and things may have changed but I remember testing melee damage as dragoon vs ninja fully armored. I believe that fully armored the ninja did 4 damage a hit to my dragoon while my dragoon did 5 to a ninja. Unless armor has been modified recently it makes a hell of a lot more of a difference than pure damage.

DKs have been the strongest warrior spec by far for a long time.

The_Player_189

Legacy Supporter 3
I only had one healing potion and used your lifts to get out of combact and regen with bread.. you guys didn't even rush me and I could easily pick you off one by one. You guys were complete shit and couldn't even hit me with your weapons and ran away from me so I could easily regen health with my food.