• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dreadknight complete revamp

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
The dreadknight class is very bland, in my opinion. While useful, the dread knight just just isn't fun to use. While dragoons can leap several blocks high, rush up to enemies in the blink of an eye, or tank damage, dread knights can hold their breath extra long. Where paladins can set people on fire, heal their team mates, tank damage like a mofo, and raise people from the dead, dread knights can hit you once, very hard, for all of their mana.

This is why I propose we transform the dread knight from a lesser paladin into a video game villian. Give the dread knight abilities like fireball, blink, and a barrage-like spell. In order to balance it, take away harm touch, gill (which doesn't really make sense for an evil knight anyway) and possibly manafreeze. Now you have a class that is both effective and fun to use.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
By design, Dreadknights are tank-necros.

They have drainsoul, which is a crazy ability in it's own right.
They will have a pet skeleton when they are finished

They may have a poison or disease skill very soon.

The Dreadknight isn't done and has more work to do. However, the dreadknight will NOT be a 'tank mage' - they will be 75% warrior and 25% Necro

Monet

Iron
By design, Dreadknights are tank-necros.

They have drainsoul, which is a crazy ability in it's own right.
They will have a pet skeleton when they are finished

They may have a poison or disease skill very soon.

The Dreadknight isn't done and has more work to do. However, the dreadknight will NOT be a 'tank mage' - they will be 75% warrior and 25% Necro
Are we still getting a skeleton pet?

GraRona

Portal
Dreadknights would seem amazing with some buffs. I'm not even a warrior and I am drooling at the dragoon skills but not even glancing at the boring dreadknight skills.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, Drainsoul - Dreadknight isn't just BASED on Drainsoul. -_-
That skill isn't exclusive to them. Why don't the other 'exclusive' skills of the Dreadknight get revamped instead of just thinking of Drainsoul. People should enjoy mighty fine skills during their time levelling up as a Dreadknight.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I've been a dragoon to 30, a samurai to 50 and a paladin to 30 and I think dreadknight would be the second most fun (behind dragoon jump). Maybe its just because I get bored of playing the same thing for too long (I've spent like 10k coins on respecs while only mastering 2 :D), but I'm looking forward to switching to dreadknight.

While they seem somewhat boring they really play the same as any melee fighter spec. They hit and cast, but the difference imo is that drainsoul seems to be one of the strongest combat abilities. There are very few classes that have a huge WOW factor to me, so I'd be happy to settle for something that is powerful on its own even without that.

Edit: I still would like to see them get more to make them more "interesting" but I'd like specs that seem useless (bloodmages) to get revamped first.