• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Drakensang ( free )

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
Not much detail to go into, but this is basically a free mimic of Diablo, and it's browser based (download is available). The game was made using java...

http://agathon.drakensang.com/

It's pretty nice so far, I believe the game is in beta stage at the moment.

*Note that the video is old, things have changed*

Add me in-game (ebilaxe) if you decide to try it.

This game is surprisingly good, I have gotten pretty into it considering I love Diablo.

Edit: Just got done playing for 4 hours and 30 minutes straight with 2 friends, so far hasn't gotten boring at all.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I played it during beta (8-9 months ago). It didn't feel that good back then but then again it was beta and thus unfinished.

I might take another look at it sometime but ye.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
It's 'ok' for a F2P, my first impression: lag is a huge issue. An area takes 30 seconds to fully load(you stand there and wait for terrain/music to load..), lagspikes, warping backwards, sound delay due to lag.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
...and then immediately go back to D3
You really haven't been paying attention have you....

\/ Is what I'm referring to.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
You're finding an alternative to diablo then
Diablo 1 may have created the ARPG genre but its not the case any longer. There are many ARPG's that are up and coming that make D3 tremble.
There is nothing about D3 that I really liked - it was a cookie cutter game, everyone is the same of the same class and there's very little customization at all except a few pieces of gear.

PathofExile on the other hand is completely different, no 1 character is the same and it's hard as balls - it just lacks content. I gladly help indie game devs that have souls vs blizzard who have sold their souls years ago :p

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
It's 'ok' for a F2P, my first impression: lag is a huge issue. An area takes 30 seconds to fully load(you stand there and wait for terrain/music to load..), lagspikes, warping backwards, sound delay due to lag.
That is just you then, when playing with my friends, there is barely a 1 second lag between us, area's load almost instant for us, never warp back... I think you gotta check out that internet connection of yours.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
That is just you then, when playing with my friends, there is barely a 1 second lag between us, area's load almost instant for us, never warp back... I think you gotta check out that internet connection of yours.
The server*
After quitting draken I logged on HC and played totally fine, remember we're not on the same servers. Besides, I'm an european.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Drakensang suffered from unplayability unfortunately. the control scheme and it being a browser game completely killed it for me. PoE will have to suffice until a decent game like this comes out. Just my 2 cents though.

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
Drakensang suffered from unplayability unfortunately. the control scheme and it being a browser game completely killed it for me. PoE will have to suffice until a decent game like this comes out. Just my 2 cents though.
Well you can download it, and I would play PoE but it is still in Beta and I don't want to pay 10 dollars, I'll just wait till it's released.