• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Dragonknight didarm bug

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Its not making weapons diapear. When I used it on a dk his axe was still there
This was changed 2 maps ago when items still dropped. If you got disarmed before death the weapon disappeared forever - however I'm all for adding the old form of the skill since items drop again.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
This was changed 2 maps ago when items still dropped. If you got disarmed before death the weapon disappeared forever - however I'm all for adding the old form of the skill since items drop again.

I think I read this in passing... All disarm abilities have you retain the weapon for the duration of disarm but you deal 1hp Melee damage during that time, correct?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I think I read this in passing... All disarm abilities have you retain the weapon for the duration of disarm but you deal 1hp Melee damage during that time, correct?
Yep - the issue is that people with sharpness/envenom still get off some damage, and runeblade can still be super bursty since it gets runes off. The old skill should just get added back imo.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Yep - the issue is that people with sharpness/envenom still get off some damage, and runeblade can still be super bursty since it gets runes off. The old skill should just get added back imo.
Hmmmm... Envenom and runeblade skills make sense, I suppose.

If I'm carrying a Sharpness IV sword, am I then dealing 5 HP of damage instead of 1?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Hmmmm... Envenom and runeblade skills make sense, I suppose.

If I'm carrying a Sharpness IV sword, am I then dealing 5 HP of damage instead of 1?
I believe so yep. While not the end of the world, it seems kind of contradictory for the person disarmed to still be holding a weapon and dealing damage to you.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I believe so yep. While not the end of the world, it seems kind of contradictory for the person disarmed to still be holding a weapon and dealing damage to you.

Yeah, I'll agree to that.

Still, I was around for the abuse of deliberately disarming someone when they were low HP just so they could lose their weapon to the void. That was AIDS. If there's still no permanent fix to that I think the current state of disarm is the best option for now.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
And if not ? Will the old skill be scrapped or will someone attempt further to fix it ?
*raises hand*

Changed skill back to old logic and sent it on its way, we can test before reintroduction if necessary.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Should be.
According to people in bastion it still was not in the chest, but that should not be a problem, the only reason it was removed in haven was because people were abusing it and making it so the disarmed person would not spawn with their weapon back since weapons and armor would be with you when you died. Now since everything drops in the death chest, the player that disarmed them would be the one that lost the weapon, so i doubt anyone cares to abuse it now.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Huh? If I disarm someone, and kill them, I lose MY weapon? You dumb, brah?
His poor wording is trying to say that if you disarm someone and they die, you miss out because you can't take it from the death chest, so you lose out.