• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Disicple] Ability Suggestion - Forcewave

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Okay, so I've been dreaming about this ability ever since I started playing Disciple. Hope you guys like the idea!

--------------------------------
Forcewave:

You gather your natural energy over (cast time) seconds and unleash a wave of force in a cone, which travels (x blocks, either set or scaleable with intellect, etc) blocks and causes enemies that are caught in the wave to be forced (x blocks, again either set or scaled with something) blocks back.
---------------------------------

Here's some more details about this potential ability:

It must have a cast time and it must have a decent cooldown, no less than 30 seconds. I hope that it would be something like 30-60 seconds, whatever is most balanced after testing.

What is going to make this ability balanced (hopefully) is that it is avoidable if someone is paying attention. Like I said, the cast time will lend to that, but additionally the speed at which the Forcewave travels will be so that if someone is paying attention, sees the forcewave coming and can't interrupt it but is far enough away, they should be able to simply back up and walk out of it or to the side of it.

If it's possible, I'd also like it so that the ability will lose potency the further out it travels.

Finally, I'm not sure whether or not this ability should send people further or not as far as Forcepush, though I think it should be either or. The idea here is to make something akin to Dragonsbreath and Bone Spear that's really cool and fun to use (unlike ironfist!).

That's the gist of it. Here are some other things to be considered.

Disciples already have a lot of buttons to be pressing. Having said that, I think as a tradeoff this ability should replace ironfist. The reason why I would recommend replacing Ironfist with this ability is because as it stands, ironfist has poor damage, a poor slow and is not particularly impactful. All in all, it seems like it has fallen out of place. Now, this also means that we lose our only (it was a VERY small aoe, but nonetheless) aoe damage capability. To balance this out, maybe giving Forcewave damage equal to what ironfist used to have would be a good idea.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Thank you,
Keache

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I'm fine with adding something like this. Ironfist has indeed lost it's place in the current disciple skillset. I could go ahead and try and improve IronFist, but I feel as though this is probably the better route, as it goes and in hand with their force skillset.

Up to @Kainzo on this one though, I'm not sure how he would feel about it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not interested in porting in Skyrim shit into disciple - it is a healer archetype and needs less force-based skills, if anything.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm fine with adding something like this. Ironfist has indeed lost it's place in the current disciple skillset. I could go ahead and try and improve IronFist, but I feel as though this is probably the better route, as it goes and in hand with their force skillset.

Up to @Kainzo on this one though, I'm not sure how he would feel about it.
Honestly, I think it makes more sense that Ironfist is an AOE pull + slow instead of it's current AOE push + slow. If your goal is to slow a player down, it doesn't make sense that you're pushing him away while slowing him.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
Honestly, I think it makes more sense that Ironfist is an AOE pull + slow instead of it's current AOE push + slow. If your goal is to slow a player down, it doesn't make sense that you're pushing him away while slowing him.
sounds better

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Not interested in porting in Skyrim shit into disciple - it is a healer archetype and needs less force-based skills, if anything.

Don't construe it as that; I merely put that in as a joke. Regardless, I thought we got rid of the traditional archetypes with attributes, and isn't the idea of disciple in Herocraft to be the healer/punisher who wields living energy which is used to force people to or away from him, whilst supporting his allies in combat?

I would ask that you reconsider, I think this would be a really cool addition.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Hell, I'll even highlight why this is NOT a Skyrim thing. I find it ridiculous that this is being rejected just because I was trying to be funny.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I could see this working but it is just a matter of: How long will I need to sit there charging this, what is the knockback going to be, scaling etc. It kind of seems like tremor.

I would rather have ironfist bring in people rather than push them away (Like STDs said). With an ironfist like this you could chain it with seikuken, "This dude just pulled me in! Lets wack him!"

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I could see this working but it is just a matter of: How long will I need to sit there charging this, what is the knockback going to be, scaling etc. It kind of seems like tremor.

I would rather have ironfist bring in people rather than push them away (Like STDs said). With an ironfist like this you could chain it with seikuken, "This dude just pulled me in! Lets wack him!"

Difference between this and tremor is that it will travel further, only affect an area in a cone, and shouldn't have long enough a cast time to make it useless. It certainly won't be a copy/paste of that ability (i would hope).

I like that idea a lot and it makes a lot of sense, but then it kind of looks like Disciple is starting to turn into a Paladin. Think about it - Reckoning into shield reflect, Ironfist into seikuken - Personally I wouldn't want to see that sort of change happening; if anything, I wish ironfist would revert back to what it used to be, which was a giant tnt like explosion that knocked people in a large-ish area up and away. That was really cool!

Anyway, I just hope that we can see Forcewave or something that's as cool as that get implemented sometime.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Since this conversation is taking place I think instead of changing ironfist to something similar to another skill we should try to come up with something original. I am not really a fan of the AOE push because of how useless Tornado Kick was in Bastion (a really weak tremor).

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Since this conversation is taking place I think instead of changing ironfist to something similar to another skill we should try to come up with something original. I am not really a fan of the AOE push because of how useless Tornado Kick was in Bastion (a really weak tremor).

Well, the intention behind for wave was not be similar to tremor or tornadokick (again, it works like bonespear/tornadokick), but I do agree with you on making a new, original and cool ability to replace ironfist would be awesome. It just has to involve fireworks, though!

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
What I personally would like is for every class to eventually have abilities that are like dragonsbreath and bonespear, not only because of the aesthetics, but it also makes the abilities seem more impactful and fun to use. That was the idea behind forcewave. I just hope we can make something else that's cool to match this.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
What I personally would like is for every class to eventually have abilities that are like dragonsbreath and bonespear, not only because of the aesthetics, but it also makes the abilities seem more impactful and fun to use. That was the idea behind forcewave. I just hope we can make something else that's cool to match this.

Meh... I threw an idea a couple of months back during the creation of bonespear. If a Disciple had a Bonespearesque ability that would heal x amount in it's path and deal x amount in it's path. It would replace Chakra and have a similar cooldown. Shit got axed though.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Well, that doesn't sound like a bad idea per say, though I can see why that would be axed in favor of chakra - the reliability of it is vital as hell.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6

Yes for heals also please, would help with annoying healing targeting system to get some cone / frontal ae heals. More skill required than pure "all targets within x blocks of you", can make not effect the caster if need be for balance. Also, since these heals could technically "miss", maybe we could get some relatively low cooldowns on them ^~.

Last edited:
Instead of force push, why not call it "wave fist?" I think that fits with some of the theme a bit better, and I like the FF Tactics monk reference :)

That said, I think an AoE pull /slow sounds more useful maybe, but I could be wrong

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Continuing on this idea, for cleric, ampul / holy water is imo the most fun heal to use by far, but i dont use it very often except when fighting undead because the mana cost is very inefficient compared to divine blessing . This skill is very easy to use as a self heal, but much more interesting to use on others and especially trying to heal multiple people at once. Instead of making the skill inefficient as a whole because of ease of self healing use, why not just increase the self healing nerf on this ability specifically while increasing the amount of healing on others? Ie., increase the healing significantly, but with a 50% (or whatever needed) self healing penalty instead of 70%. Could reduce the splash radius as well and make it require tighter aiming (or add a new potion toss ability with that effect).

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Stay on topic please. Honestly if we want to start thinking of new ability ideas, let's start a new thread. As far as the aoe forcepull.... Still don't like it; but like I said, new thread about that please. Post here if you want to support the idea of forcewave and maybe I can ask Kainzo to reconsider his stance on this if there is enough support.