• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Disarming

CrazySmokerDude

Glowing Redstone
So, when you disarm a player and kill him while he's disarmed your weapon simply won't be in your chest, it will simply dissapear... I wonder if this can get fixed as soon as possible, because I don't see how am I ever going to use upgraded weapons in combat caz its to much of a risk to simply lose it and not have a chance to get it back.

cat8898

Legacy Supporter 6
So, when you disarm a player and kill him while he's disarmed your weapon simply won't be in your chest, it will simply dissapear... I wonder if this can get fixed as soon as possible, because I don't see how am I ever going to use upgraded weapons in combat caz its to much of a risk to simply lose it and not have a chance to get it back.
This has been a problem for a while and has been worked on several times, at this point it really just comes down to the player using disarm to not be a dick and disarm you right before you die (which i dont know why they would unless you're pvping in a spawn area where they cant build over your chest)

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
This has been a problem for a while and has been worked on several times, at this point it really just comes down to the player using disarm to not be a dick and disarm you right before you die (which i dont know why they would unless you're pvping in a spawn area where they cant build over your chest)

An ugly fix that will solve the problem but is always shot down is to give you a debuff where you deal 1 damage during the disarm duration.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Or don't die while disarmed.

Edit: STDs' idea is the worst idea I have ever heard. That isn't disarming. Why not apply a blind while your at it? It would be just as ridiculous as your suggestion. How about we all learn to quit being so soft? Everyone cries too much. So you lose your weapon. So what? Making money on this game isn't hard at all. Buy another one FFS. Disarm has done this for years now. Learn to live with it as part of the game.

Last edited:

CrazySmokerDude

Glowing Redstone

Edit: STDs' idea is the worst idea I have ever heard. That isn't disarming. Why not apply a blind while your at it? It would be just as ridiculous as your suggestion. How about we all learn to quit being so soft? Everyone cries too much. So you lose your weapon. So what? Making money on this game isn't hard at all. Buy another one FFS. Disarm has done this for years now. Learn to live with it as part of the game.
"don't die while disarmed"? braw, I got killed yesterday 5 or 6 times while being disarmed? how to not die when players keep using it on me when im about to die on purpose? xD

cat8898

Legacy Supporter 6
An ugly fix that will solve the problem but is always shot down is to give you a debuff where you deal 1 damage during the disarm duration.
Yea it's actually been put into the game before but I think it ran into another problem so it was taken out

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8

"It's broken, and it's been broken forever, deal with it." Sick logic, dumb-dumb. Disarm's intent is not to have the weapon magically disappear if you die while under the debuff. Just because something has been broken forever doesn't mean it's not worth fixing.

As for your broken home you had during your childhood... there's no fixing that. Deal with it.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
"It's broken, and it's been broken forever, deal with it." Sick logic, dumb-dumb. Disarm's intent is not to have the weapon magically disappear if you die while under the debuff. Just because something has been broken forever doesn't mean it's not worth fixing.

As for your broken home you had during your childhood... there's no fixing that. Deal with it.
It is part of the game mechanics. Focus on something else. You think keeping item in hand is a fix for disarm? What part of that idea includes the disarming aspect of the skill? I would much rather see no death chests. If you die in pvp, you should lose your shit. That would resolve the arguement. Won't matter if items drop on death.

cat8898

Legacy Supporter 6
It is part of the game mechanics. Focus on something else. You think keeping item in hand is a fix for disarm? What part of that idea includes the disarming aspect of the skill? I would much rather see no death chests. If you die in pvp, you should lose your shit. That would resolve the arguement. Won't matter if items drop on death.
Yea I also agree you should lose your stuff from pvping but if you're being a dick head and disarming people as soon as they're about to die you dont even get the weapon either so I don't get why people do it. And the fix where the weapon only deals 1 damage is fine it's still the same concept, a bug where you lose your items should never be considered a part of game mechanics because it simply makes no fucking sense for it to just POOF gone when you die

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Yea I also agree you should lose your stuff from pvping but if you're being a dick head and disarming people as soon as they're about to die you dont even get the weapon either so I don't get why people do it. And the fix where the weapon only deals 1 damage is fine it's still the same concept, a bug where you lose your items should never be considered a part of game mechanics because it simply makes no fucking sense for it to just POOF gone when you die
Or just quit being soft. I have never once cared for losing a weapon from disarm. I have many weapons, and one doesn't matter. Why does everyone cry about items. They are so easy to get.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Or just quit being soft. I have never once cared for losing a weapon from disarm. I have many weapons, and one doesn't matter. Why does everyone cry about items. They are so easy to get.

Can we get an @Admins to set @w0nd3rb0y straight to stop berating people for making note of bugs? Apparently his approach is to ignore bugs and to just deal with it. This is why we have coders, dumb-dumb.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
it doesn't matter if it's something you can deal with or not it's still a bug thus should be reported. We've been trying to teach this community to actually post bug reports when they find things instead of just seething in silence about it complaining it doesn't get fixed. DO NOT berate people for actually reporting bugs. @w0nd3rb0y

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
it doesn't matter if it's something you can deal with or not it's still a bug thus should be reported. We've been trying to teach this community to actually post bug reports when they find things instead of just seething in silence about it complaining it doesn't get fixed. DO NOT berate people for actually reporting bugs. @w0nd3rb0y
It isn't a bug in my opinion. So, in that case, I am not berating someone for posting a bug that doesn't exist. Not to mention, this has been posted before. If it were a bug, would it not have been addressed? As far as I am concerned, it is intended.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It isn't a bug in my opinion. So, in that case, I am not berating someone for posting a bug that doesn't exist. Not to mention, this has been posted before. If it were a bug, would it not have been addressed? As far as I am concerned, it is intended.
How would an item being un-intentionally destroyed not be a bug?

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
How would an item being un-intentionally destroyed not be a bug?
How else would it work? If it's out of your hand during the time you die, where can i go? It can't respawn in your hand after death. It can't go into a deathchest after it spawns. Where should it go? Maybe have it just spawn where the person died? As if they had it knocked out of their hand. So when the timer ends, it drops on death as it would in vanilla. Solved.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
How else would it work? If it's out of your hand during the time you die, where can i go? It can't respawn in your hand after death. It can't go into a deathchest after it spawns. Where should it go? Maybe have it just spawn where the person died? As if they had it knocked out of their hand. So when the timer ends, it drops on death as it would in vanilla. Solved.
the item is stored in memory still there fore it could be dropped like the rest of your items instead of being destroyed as it can't be put back in your inventory.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I don't do coding stuff but don't we have some kind of check for "takes lethal damage", I remember the disciple passive had a chance to heal you to X% if you were dealt fatal damage. Couldn't we just do something like if you take fatal damage the disarm effect ends? Again I generally have no idea what I'm talking about, just figured I'd throw it out there @Coders