• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Died Without Cause

Caerulean

Glowing Redstone
Today when I logged into HeroCraft, at roughly 6:05 CST, I went to the Haven Map, the map I usually play on, and got the death screen, telling me I died, even though I had JUST logged in. The last time I was online was yesterday at around 7pm, and was not in any danger. From looking at the death screen, it doesn't look like any blocks were removed or replaced with something that could kill me. I wouldn't be as upset as I am now if I had not been level 19 Lostsoul and level 17 Crafter.

That's all the information I can think of that applies to why I might have gotten the death screen.

Thank you for your time, and I hope this issue can be resolved.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
Did you get hit by one of your friends or did you hit one of your friends(or any person at all....)? Cause if you battle log you die!

Caerulean

Glowing Redstone
Did you get hit by one of your friends or did you hit one of your friends(or any person at all....)? Cause if you battle log you die!
No, not at all! My dinner was ready so I just logged off. If I had been in danger I wouldn't have logged off.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
sometimes people don't disappear right away and maybe something killed you then? I don't know but that has happened to me once or twice

Caerulean

Glowing Redstone
Maybe, I don't know. I'm just angry at myself and depressed that I was ABOUT to master LostSoul for the first time. :/ Guess I have to start all over again.
sometimes people don't disappear right away and maybe something killed you then? I don't know but that has happened to me once or twice

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
your levels don't reset when you die though so why do you need to start all over?

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
No, you should not lose levels on death. You just lose a (very) small amount of exp ay time you die. If you died and you respawned and your levels were zero that would definitely be a bug.

Caerulean

Glowing Redstone
No, you should not lose levels on death. You just lose a (very) small amount of exp ay time you die. If you died and you respawned and your levels were zero that would definitely be a bug.
I have hopped onto the server a couple times today; the first few times I had no levels, but the most recent time I regained them back. Peculiar, really. I guess case closed, but I still don't know what killed me.
I think it's more a skill thing.
What do you mean by that?

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
I have hopped onto the server a couple times today; the first few times I had no levels, but the most recent time I regained them back. Peculiar, really. I guess case closed, but I still don't know what killed me.

There's no explanation to getting skill, it's just something that comes naturally.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

After you disconnect, you will appear in the lobby. Walk from their to RPG (haven or shrine) your levels should be back do /level or /lvl - to see what level you are.

There's a good chance you have all your stuff. If it happens again, generally speaking you won't just die randomly unless someone tagged you or you were still combat tagged.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Sounds like you logged off in Haven, and walked into the shrine portal in the lobby when you re-logged.

Caerulean

Glowing Redstone
After you disconnect, you will appear in the lobby. Walk from their to RPG (haven or shrine) your levels should be back do /level or /lvl - to see what level you are.

There's a good chance you have all your stuff. If it happens again, generally speaking you won't just die randomly unless someone tagged you or you were still combat tagged.
Ah, well I regained my levels, that's all that really matters.
Thanks for your help!