• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Devour Magic is a picky eater

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Devour Magic:
"You devour harmful magic targeted on you for 8 seconds, reducing any incoming spell damage by 20%, and restoring mana based on the resisted portion at a 90% rate"

The problem with this is that the skill only reduces "magic" damage. This wouldn't be a problem but since many spells have non magic damage such as: Fire, Ice, Poison, Dark, etc the skill is rarely useful.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Devour Magic:
"You devour harmful magic targeted on you for 8 seconds, reducing any incoming spell damage by 20%, and restoring mana based on the resisted portion at a 90% rate"

The problem with this is that the skill only reduces "magic" damage. This wouldn't be a problem but since many spells have non magic damage such as: Fire, Ice, Poison, Dark, etc the skill is rarely useful.
Ok...ok...ok, just...think about what you just said, ok? All skills that are considered arcane, whether referred to as dark, void, poison, etc. are affected by devour magic. Do you have any tests to back up your case or did you base it off th words of akills?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok...ok...ok, just...think about what you just said, ok? All skills that are considered arcane, whether referred to as dark, void, poison, etc. are affected by devour magic. Do you have any tests to back up your case or did you base it off th words of akills?
I've tested it. I'll post screenshots if you want.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Back in the day it didn't matter if it was "FIRE", "DARK", or whatever else, as long as it wasn't considered "melee" damage, it was considered spell damage.

It's been eons since I've had access to the code, so unless they broke something it -should- work on anything from fireballs to bolts to icebolts. If it aint a physical melee attack, or melee spell (such as Cleave or Maim), it should work.

If it doesn't work like that anymore, well, get rekt I guess.