• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dev Notes 4.0+

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Balance:
  • All item-damage now scales by level. As a result, Level 1 Specs will do lower damage than Max-Level Specs. Paths will be unaffected. More info can be found here.
  • SkillVillagerTrade (coded by yours truly!) is now granted to Merchants.
  • Mobs will no longer drop COINS, they instead will drop NUGGETS. Seek them out!
  • All Combat classes can now gain QUESTING exp
  • Replaced Thief for Runeblade-> Skills (testing) here -> http://pastie.org/private/sln4mdhqyfslpyv77gv3q
  • Replaced Geomancer for Pyromancer -> Skills (testing) here -> http://pastie.org/private/sssxod4xflt3i3neilge5w
  • Added "Scribe" under Crafter Specializations Skills (testing) here -> http://pastie.org/private/hs0h5thb1lr9nybgohuupw
  • Specializations now have a new order of skills, use /skills <classname> to see!
  • HeroTowns info -> http://pastie.org/private/rfimmgi8vf7o6pjaka2goa
  • Fixed issues where HeroTowns would not upgrade protection size (Thanks @Danda / @Sleaker)
  • Healing skills now have a HEAL animation on the target. (Thanks @mung3r!)
  • Skills that have had reagent "book" now has the reagent of "flint"
questexp.pngslider1.png
Improvements & Changes (Not exactly set in stone)

• The new main spawn city is named Bastion.
  • Better starting setup
    • Crafters now have basic survival skills (SummonPick/Warp)
    • Level 10 and below players cannot PVP.
    • Completely new introduction / tutorial area.
  • Township changes
    • Township banks (both for upgrades and weekly tax).
    • Township tax (now gets deducted every 7 days).
    • Township automation of protection.
    • Township protection now works chunk by chunk (bed to sky)
    • Township titles for Mayor/SIC.
    • A hard cap for townships of (25) - number may change.
    • Massive boxy walls and glass domes = ILLEGAL (will be torn down by admins)
  • Leveling Rate
    • Slightly increased the amount of exp lost on death.
    • Greatly decreased the time to master combat specializations.
  • PVP Protection
    • All pvp-off areas have been reduced greatly.
    • Only the immediate and necessary areas have pvp-off.
    • Tutorial area pvp off to introduce newbies to the game.
  • Spawn Plots/Shops
    • Completely automated with BuyRegion
    • "spawn" plots are rented for lesser prices every 2 weeks to a month
  • Economy Changes
    • Gold will still be traded for coin.
    • Emerald is the new currency item for Merchants > Villagers.
    • Trade District will be overhauled/changed.
  • The Nexus / Multiverse
    • Museum Maps.
    • Special Maps/Events.
    • Creative Worlds.
  • Quest EXP
    • (Not done yet)
  • Donation Revamp
    • Changed the perks around.
  • Staff Changes
    • New Admin -> Alator
  • The Greylist
    • All players can connect to Herocraft
    • Whitelisted players can global chat, place/destroy blocks
    • Donating will get greylisted users build rights.
  • Anti-Glitch Prevention
    • Added Chest Fixes - no more block-lagging into chests (Needs testing)
  • 1.3 Changes
    • Enderchests (Probably going to Merchant).
    • Villagers will be highly sought after to trade.

Digger360

Obsidian
Yeah. This'll just make "Noob" towns completely defenseless, even if leveling is much faster now.

On a side note, I support extremely expensive weapons, for a small damage bonus. Diamond/Gold/Emerald blocks, for example.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're hoping to make the base paths not spread as much as the specializations.
This is a step in the right direction for sure but it will take some time to balance.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
I support this change, no sense having a level 1 ninja having the same DPS as a level 60 ninja (No skills).

This makes you feel like you have accomplished something/gotten stronger each level, instead of the current grind-like feeling of "Great now I have to level 5 more times before I get a new skill and do anything different"

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
It makes sense and promotes a sense of accomplishment...but it'll have to be heavily balanced. A 1 Ninja should still have a fighting chance against a 60 Ninja.

Keffalump

Soulsand
can u get to lvl 86 now? or is that just things being screwed around with because the map is about to be reset?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
This is great! I remember getting lvl 10 Samurai and I was like "Woo, Bleed!" and then I thought "What's next, hmm, Bladegrasp... In 20 more levels D:, goodbye fun"

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I support this change, no sense having a level 1 ninja having the same DPS as a level 60 ninja (No skills).

This makes you feel like you have accomplished something/gotten stronger each level, instead of the current grind-like feeling of "Great now I have to level 5 more times before I get a new skill and do anything different"
Yeah, only issue is the gains may not be super noticable. 10 levels may mean 1-2 dmg on the weapon.

We're reconsidering the base PATHs gaining per level - I think it would be better if we keep them around the same level for damage so we don't have to scale them back.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah, only issue is the gains may not be super noticable. 10 levels may mean 1-2 dmg on the weapon.

We're reconsidering the base PATHs gaining per level - I think it would be better if we keep them around the same level for damage so we don't have to scale them back.
Wait so that means
lvl 1 ninja = 108hp
lvl10 ninja= 110hp
lvl20 ninja = 112hp
lvl30 ninja = 114hp
lvl40 ninja = 116hp
lvl50 ninja = 118hp
lvl60 ninja = 120hp

That my friend sucks, there is barely a difference upon leveling so what would be the point people wouldn't notice this so why even implement it. A 12 damage gain over 60 levels isn't very good but i do see your point, it would work with ninja because they have high damage but a dreadknight which does 49damage with a axe doesn't have much room to maneuver. As a ninja could start on 60 and gain 60 damage. A possible way to make it could be a class starts on 1/2 their full damage and then gains it per level so a DK would start on 24.5 and gain 0.408 damage per level. A ninja would start on 60 and gain 1 damage per level. A samurai could start on 45 and gain 0.75 per level. This would be more noticeable on a larger scale, yes a high level spec would have a huge advantage over a low level spec, I can see this taking a huge toll on pvp maybe even for the better.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Wait so that means
lvl 1 ninja = 108hp
lvl10 ninja= 110hp
lvl20 ninja = 112hp
lvl30 ninja = 114hp
lvl40 ninja = 116hp
lvl50 ninja = 118hp
lvl60 ninja = 120hp

That my friend sucks, there is barely a difference upon leveling so what would be the point people wouldn't notice this so why even implement it. A 12 damage gain over 60 levels isn't very good but i do see your point, it would work with ninja because they have high damage but a dreadknight which does 49damage with a axe doesn't have much room to maneuver. As a ninja could start on 60 and gain 60 damage. A possible way to make it could be a class starts on 1/2 their full damage and then gains it per level so a DK would start on 24.5 and gain 0.408 damage per level. A ninja would start on 60 and gain 1 damage per level. A samurai could start on 45 and gain 0.75 per level. This would be more noticeable on a larger scale, yes a high level spec would have a huge advantage over a low level spec, I can see this taking a huge toll on pvp maybe even for the better.
Yeh that could work, @c12095 whatcha think?

I disagree by the way, 12-15 damage is noticeable in a fight. Albeit not night or day, it can still turn the tide of battle, especially with the higher level having higher hp.