• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Command Block Classes for Singleplayer

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
During my hiatus, I have been working on other single player projects, including an adventure map and lots of command block creations. This happens to be one of the ones I wanted to share with you guys, and soon I'll share a world download so you can play around with these classes.

First thing to note: Each class has individual skills, and there's even a leveling system. Armor is restricted by your class, based on the armor rating NOT the armor set.

Alchemist (Yep, just for me.) Basically the cleric, I guess. They have a unique passive playstyle, as they're the only class to have two direct AoE attacks, but can only use one of them on command. This class focuses around getting potions and reagents while walking, and using those reagents to make potions. Alchemists also have a unique immunity to poison when they drop below eight health.

Skills:
Passive: Lvl 1: Hasty Potion Maker: After travelling 20,000 centimeters in game via walking, you'll be given a hastily made potion, which is just a simple healing potion.
Passive: Lvl1#2: Panic Brew: Once your health drops below eight (Four hearts) you'll let out a poison aura and cure yourself of the status effect. You're also immune to poison.
Active: Healing Aura: Sneaking for 125 ticks will allow you to summon a healing aura for a short time, healing your health for about six hearts, and dealing the same damage to undead caught in the aura.
Passive: Lvl 5: You now harvest ingredients after travelling 20,000 centimeters in game. Reagents are Glistering Melon, Redstone, Spider Eyes, Pufferfish, and Glowstone.
Passive: Lvl 10: You now can make crude bottles by travelling 20,000 centimeters in game (seeing a pattern here?)
Passive: Lvl 15: Panic Brew now also slows enemies, and you're immune to slowness.
Active Upgrade: Healing Aura now grants regeneration for a short time, and you're also immune to wither.
During heal aura, summon a WitherSkull that in four seconds will take a massive amount of lightning, damaging mobs within 4 blocks and setting them alight. Brutal against undead.

Due to the high amount of passives and self buffs, the alchemist does not get perma buffs like the rest of the classes.
If an alchemist equips more than 13 armor points, they will get slowness II because the armor is too heavy for them.

Rogue: Rogues are not the squishiest of the four classes, but they're easy to kill no doubt Rogues have to rely on guile, mobility, and stealth to best enemies, and will really struggle against bosses. But outside of boss battles, rogues can access more parts of the map that the other three classes can't, allowing them to get rare weapons and items, and even bottles of XP.

Skills:
Passive: Lvl 1: Hang: By jumping onto the bottom side of a mossy coubblestone block, you will hang onto it and be able to travel across holes by hanging onto the ceiling. Pressing shift will make you drop, and trying to go to any other block will make you drop.
Active: Sneak: Sneaking gives you slowness II and makes you invisible, allowing you to sneak by enemies unnoticed.
Passive Lvl 5: Thief's Luck: You get a perma buff of Luck, allowing you to get more mob drops (mostly healing potions.)
Passive Lvl 10: Sneaky haste: You no longer are given the slowness II debuff when sneaking.
Passive Lvl 15: Holding shift grants jump boost II for a second, or for as long as you hold it.
Active Upgrade: Awareness: During Sneak, every mob around you is given 7 seconds of the Glowing debuff.

Rogues get Speed as their perma-buff.
If a rogue equips more than 9 armor points, they will get slowness III because the armor is too heavy

Archer: Archers focus on ranged combat and are extremely squishy as a result. Their skills focus on getting the high ground and keeping their distance from enemies.

Skills:
Passive Lvl 1: Travelling 2000 centimeters in game grants two arrows.
Active: Aim Shot: If you press shift, you'll be given slowness X and strength IV for your next shots while aiming. Good for very long range combat.
Passive Lvl 5: Sprinting will grant speed II for however long you're sprinting.
Passive Lvl 10: You now craft one poisoned arrow with your two normal arrows
Passive Lvl 15: Firing a shot grants speed II for a second. Your passive one grants Spectral arrows too.
Active Upgrade: Firing a spectral arrow will summon a friendly dog that is bound to you.
Arrows that hit the ground will attract lightning when you press shift (You can set up massive arrow damage traps) at th cost of the arrow

Archers get jump boost II as their buff.
Archers can't equip more than leather equivalent armor, and will get slowness II if they do.

Warrior: Warriors are the true tanks, able to wear any armor type without issues, and even grant a team-wide buff of resistance II and strength I. Their passives focus on getting more HP the higher their level.
Passive Lvl 1: Conditioned: Armor does not weigh you down.
Active: BattleCry: Pressing Shift for 50 ticks grants you and nearby allies reistance II and strength II.
Pasive Lvl 5: You get two more hearts
Passive Lvl 10: You get two more hearts.
Passive Lvl 15: You get two more hearts, doubling your HP (Diamond armor does not exist on the map that I'm making.)
Active Upgrade: Battlecry now gives nearby mobs slownesss X for three seconds and Wither for five seconds.

So far, every class' level 1 passive and actives are working, and the level system is complete for the Archer and Alchemist classes.
Warrior skills are subject to change, but the Rogue skills are pretty much set up.

Tell me what you think...

And I'll be adding a video soon, but it may not have any audio...sorry.

Last edited:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Here is the video, should be uploaded within an hour.

MAP DOWNLOAD IS UP:
To install, unzip and place in the saves folder. Easy as that.

To get to your saves, open your launcher, go to edit profile, click open game directory, and viola! Just open the saves folder and drag this zipped file in there, and then right click the zipped file and open it. Once down, launch the game and look for something like "Command Block Testworld"

I reserve the right to this design, but with that said, if you want to use it in maps and whatnot, go ahead. Be sure to credit me, iAlchemist, as the creator, though.

Advice for map makers:

When you enter, do /scoreboard objectives list.

Each one of those are the scoreboards you'll need to add in order to make this work on other worlds. Be sure to get them all, or you might run into an error in the code.

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7DGF7eBonAoZU1hRzZjWHJvVDA
(Zip files can't be uploaded onto Heroes)
Minecraft Version 1.9.

Last edited:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
@Kainzo

I may have found a way to make two handed weapons possible in vanilla, maybe you can use the command block pattern and base your code off of it? If you want to see the commands and the way the command blocks are set up give me a heads up and I'll update the map download with the custom items I've made so far.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
This isn't really new, we had buttons used on the old test server to change class. Though I like the passive potion effects, are they working with heroes? Pretty sure they weren't coded to work with different damage on weapons

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
This isn't really new, we had buttons used on the old test server to change class. Though I like the passive potion effects, are they working with heroes? Pretty sure they weren't coded to work with different damage on weapons
This isn't a coded system, it was more a proof of concept. I used command blocks for the entire array, and I was just showcasing what a a little simple (and I mean simple. The stuff people do with command blocks is beyond me.) command block work to generate some cool things. Just consider this me showing off just a little, and maybe providing some interesting resources to map makers who happen to be here on the forums. It isn't intended for multiplayer use, and to my knowledge it might melt itself if there was a multiplayer, or at least there'd be some very crazy outcomes if two players chose the same class.