• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Coding Team App: Matterz167

Matterz

Wood
1. Minecraft IGN: Matterz167
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age: 31
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): Pacific (California)
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Off and on since it was released in Dec. 2010
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Two weeks
7. What is your level of Java experience?: I originally learned Java during an internship at IBM. I hadn't used it after that until Minecraft/Bukkit. However, I've worked with it quite extensively with the Bukkit API. Thus I am mostly self taught but with a good amount of experience.
8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.: I developed several plugins last year. My largest project was Supernatural Players (Bukkit Page). This project turned out to be a bit much for one person and after working on it full time for several weeks I burned out and needed to take a break from Minecraft and coding for a while.
9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am a hardware engineer by trade, but I am currently unemployed and returning to grad school this fall. Until then I have a lot of free time and the current gaming options seem very limited. I read a lot of SciFi and DnD books so I'm a real nerd, but have a lot of experience and ideas when it comes to spells, skills, and alignments.
Overall, I like what you guys have done with this server and would love to help bring new skills and features to the game or flush out bugs with the existing ones.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
1. Minecraft IGN: Matterz167
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age: 31
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): Pacific (California)
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Off and on since it was released in Dec. 2010
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Two weeks
7. What is your level of Java experience?: I originally learned Java during an internship at IBM. I hadn't used it after that until Minecraft/Bukkit. However, I've worked with it quite extensively with the Bukkit API. Thus I am mostly self taught but with a good amount of experience.
8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.: I developed several plugins last year. My largest project was Supernatural Players (Bukkit Page). This project turned out to be a bit much for one person and after working on it full time for several weeks I burned out and needed to take a break from Minecraft and coding for a while.
9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am a hardware engineer by trade, but I am currently unemployed and returning to grad school this fall. Until then I have a lot of free time and the current gaming options seem very limited. I read a lot of SciFi and DnD books so I'm a real nerd, but have a lot of experience and ideas when it comes to spells, skills, and alignments.
Overall, I like what you guys have done with this server and would love to help bring new skills and features to the game or flush out bugs with the existing ones.
Greetings Matterz - I'm interested in seeing what you can do. 95% of all our communication is done via IRC for coding. (we're like hobbits in our hobbiton holes)

Please /join #Heroes on esper.net under your IGN. We have a private coding channel as well, which I will give to you there. First and foremost, our coding team is pretty relaxed. You can work on side projects as you please or take direction from myself (or others) to help out on a particular project. Skill creation is one of the most needed ones and maintaining several old plugins that we're upkeeping for Herocraft.

@Sleaker and @DThielke are the main coders and can acclimate you further.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
@Matterz looks great, we'd love to talk to you some more and see if you have anything more in-depth you'd like to help out with specifically.

As Kainzo said the best place to chat is on irc, if you have access.

Matterz

Wood
Thanks,

I'm new to IRC but I can get it working. If you guys have something you'd like me to work on please don't hesitate to ask.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks,

I'm new to IRC but I can get it working. If you guys have something you'd like me to work on please don't hesitate to ask.
The best thing is to idle there - since we all live in different time zones - its usually a good way to leave messages. However, in your particular case, I think learning how to create skills is a good place to start. It's not too advanced and will give you a basic understanding of the system and our flagship plugin.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks,

Let us know if you have issues with IRC, we do need a bit of help on a few more skills for future stuff.