• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Coder Application: Dielan9999

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
1. Minecraft IGN: Dielan9999
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age: 24
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States):
PST
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since Alpha v1.1.2_01
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: 5 1/2 years
7. What is your level of Java experience?: Advanced Casual - I've not used java much outside the classroom but if the API is well documented I can certainly read and understand it. I've never written anything for minecraft before but once I have the APIs down it should be easy to make something.
8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.:
none.
9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: Everything @xexorian knows about Java he learned from me. Unfortunately my lessons about the fundamentals of OOP didn't really stick with him or else I wouldn't be writing this application! Jokes aside, I'm still finishing up university and my uni focuses on java as its primary language but the classes I have lined up for the foreseeable future don't use java. Thus i'm looking for something to challenge me in my free time so I don't loose touch with my skills before I need them again to finish off my degree.. so this sounds like the best place to do it. I haven't really met the other coders but I'm sure if I get added to the team xexo and I could probably double team some pretty crazy shit, which he's tried to talk me in to doing in the past for stuff that isn't minecraft - perhaps it's time to cave to the pressure ;)

Also, I monitor and maintain Linux servers (many with root access but i'm not a SA in title there) on a big (fortune 500 company) cloud network for a living - so if you have any command line related things you need help with that would come pretty naturally to me. Such as setting up and maintaining a custom discord bot for the HC Discord *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
1. Minecraft IGN: Dielan9999
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age: 24
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): PST
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since Alpha v1.1.2_01
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: 5 1/2 years
7. What is your level of Java experience?: Advanced Casual - I've not used java much outside the classroom but if the API is well documented I can certainly read and understand it. I've never written anything for minecraft before but once I have the APIs down it should be easy to make something.
8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.:
none.
9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: Everything @xexorian knows about Java he learned from me. Unfortunately my lessons about the fundamentals of OOP didn't really stick with him or else I wouldn't be writing this application! Jokes aside, I'm still finishing up university and my uni focuses on java as its primary language but the classes I have lined up for the foreseeable future don't use java. Thus i'm looking for something to challenge me in my free time so I don't loose touch with my skills before I need them again to finish off my degree.. so this sounds like the best place to do it. I haven't really met the other coders but I'm sure if I get added to the team xexo and I could probably double team some pretty crazy shit, which he's tried to talk me in to doing in the past for stuff that isn't minecraft - perhaps it's time to cave to the pressure ;)

Also, I monitor and maintain Linux servers (many with root access but i'm not a SA in title there) on a big (fortune 500 company) cloud network for a living - so if you have any command line related things you need help with that would come pretty naturally to me. Such as setting up and maintaining a custom discord bot for the HC Discord *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*
Hey there Dielan! We could definitely use some help :)
You're already in IRC so we'll talk more there