• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Cleave and Bleed.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
Tests performed as a level 40 Samurai.

Bleed was stated to deal a total of 10 damage after patch 2.7.5, but I'm clocking it in around 6 damage, in 3 ticks of 2 damage each and that's only if all three ticks apply, which seems to happen very rarely for me, usually I just get 2 ticks of 2 damage each. It does take the appropriate 10% mana though.

Cleave currently seems to deal damage to the caster as well as the target. With a diamond sword I deal 10 damage to myself and 10 damage to all enemies in the AoE unless I am in a party with at least one other person. In a party, I can still cast it on anyone (including my own party members) and it will deal damage in the AoE to all non-party members while leaving all party members, including myself, unharmed. Using iron and stone swords results in less damage to myself as well as less damage to the opponent.
Also I always get the message telling me that I can't cast Cleave with any weapon I hold, and I can still cast Cleave with string, rotten flesh, and other items as well as the fist for the same damage as fist to all targets. When I cast Cleave without a sword, I do not take the self-inflicted damage that I take when casting Cleave with a sword. When I cast Cleave while holding a sword, but in a no-PvP area, it does not damage me, but it does give me the message telling me that I'm in a no-PvP area after no doubt attempting to damage me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45879470/2011-10-19_08.14.45.png
Here's an image of the chat after I finished killing myself with Cleave, it also demonstrates the "You can't cleave with that weapon!" bug.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
We had missed a return statement after the failure message, but it should be denying usage with improper weapon types now. If you want to bind it, make sure you're binding it to a class weapon as Cleave deals a multiplier of your currently equipped weapon damage.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
Binding skills to sword is annoying though, since the defensive stance slows you down and breaks sprint. At least we have Improved Chat Mod though. Thanks for the fix!