• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Class Mining Skills for Group Projects

SemajArchMage

Legacy Supporter 3
Since hero plugin allows new classes, I was thinking why should we stick to the old ways of mining and constructing? Haven't you ever wished you could destroy a far away block or place one just out of reach, but had to resort to clumsy scaffolds? How about knowing where the best spots are to dig?

Heroes do not craft the old ways! They group together and use their special talents in unison.

10919.gif
Warrior
Warriors are the frontline assaulters, they blitz through castle defenses like a battering ram and their amazing strength lets them mine, dig, and fell trees with ease.

PVE: Warriors mine quickly to clear away land.
PVP: Penetrating enemy strongholds is effortless for a warrior.

Block Breaker - Basic
- Cost: 30 mana or 3 food
- Temporarily allows increased block destruction rate, but at the cost of some stamina.

Block Berserker - Master
- Cost: 100 mana or full food bar
- Briefly allows all blocks to be broken in one hit.

11231.gif
Rogue
Rogues are fortune seekers by trade, whether mercenary assassins or old style adventurers, all rogues are obsessed with wealth and have an uncanny knack of locating it.

PVE: Rogues can locate resources easier.
PVP: Finding hidden tunnels or chests is easy for a rogue.

Block Finder - Basic
- Cost: 20 mana
- Retrieves a count of the rarest resources within 20 blocks and detects presence of nearby chests.

Block Vision - Master
- Cost: 100 mana
- Briefly allows the rogue to x-ray the landscape.
Note: If not possible, can give coordinates/direction to rarest resource.

7569.gif
Caster
Casters can command primal forces of incredible power that make pickaxes and shovels look like silverware, allowing them to easily destroy blocks beyond the reach of normal miners or clear away large sections of landscape for building projects.

PVE: Casters can clear away out-of-reach blocks from a distance.
PVP: Blockades fall before the siege engine strength commanded by casters.

Block Buster - Basic
- Cost: 15 mana
- Launches a projectile that instantly breaks a faraway block and drops its resource.

Block Explosion - Master
- Detonates like a blast of TNT on a group of blocks from a distance.
- Note: Handy instant pit trap in combat!

10920.gif
Healer
Healers seek to restore order to the world and make great builders with their far reaching touch, easily manipulating blocks without being near them or conjuring structures and walls from thin air.

PVE: Healers can move or place blocks to out of reach places.
PVP: Summoning defense barricades or manipulating the landscape is simple for healers.

Block Push - Basic
- Cost: 1 mana
- Targeted block receives a piston push in the direction opposite the block face being targeted.
- Note: Useful to move blocks higher!

Block Conjuration - Master
- Temporarily allows blocks to be placed up to 50 blocks away.

Remember these are just basic suggestions and need not be exactly as described. The idea is what matters, why not have wizards nuking blocks from the ground? They have magic!

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Wow...

Block Finder - Basic
- Cost: 20 mana
- Retrieves a count of the rarest resources within 20 blocks and detects presence of nearby chests.

Block Vision - Master
- Briefly allows the rogue to x-ray the landscape.
Note: If not possible, can give coordinates/direction to rarest resource

That would be OP. If anyone should have it then it should be crafters and their professions, not rogues.

SemajArchMage

Legacy Supporter 3
Wow...
That would be OP. If anyone should have it then it should be crafters and their professions, not rogues.
Yeah, I already figured that, but I couldn't think of another way to do it so I just threw it in as an example.

Wanted Rogue = Find resources easier. Doesn't have to be but not sure what else to give them.

Main thing that sparked this idea was... I'm a wizard. Why am I swinging a pickaxe at blocks?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
As it stands, I don't think this fits in well with Herocraft's current design. And Kainzo has given an ultimatum that there will be no x-ray skills.

I do think some of the individual ideas have merit, though. I especially like Explosion and Conjuration. Breaker or Berserker could go to the Miner profession.

Conjuration reminded me of a fan-class I invented ages ago called Poltergeist. It could disembody itself to fly and place blocks. I wonder if that ability can be implemented in any way.

Devoshade

Legacy Supporter 7
Why not give us miners a skill we can really use for project like a ability to mine 5 instead of 1 infront of us or something just the miner class right now all the abilities compareed to what other class's have we have the worst skills and none are really benificial at all except chance for drops thats it everything else like the TIMED smelt ability is crap because who wants two sep stacks of ore n bars taking up space when can all be ore or all be bars and the light ability doesnt really matter at all since i know im not the only one who mines in the dark dont need light at all waste of resources. Just think the class all together need a WHOLE new set of skills cause all the rest of the class's are throwing partys while miners are clawing there way outta the dark..... just saying.

SemajArchMage

Legacy Supporter 3
Mining I believe suffers from a different problem. While spawning instant cows and enchanting swords are always nice things to have, mining is something every player already does. You'd have to have an immense amount of power differential to make a miner.

That's why I think Miner's should get the TNT skill. Without the item destruction. Plant charges, use gunpowder, detonate, loot. Clear out a tunnel in record time.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
While I like the skill ideas I personally think that the combat classes should not be receiving them. They should go to the crafter classes as that is what they do.

Devoshade

Legacy Supporter 7
While I like the skill ideas I personally think that the combat classes should not be receiving them. They should go to the crafter classes as that is what they do.

EXACTLY that and they already have enough cool skills to toy with why crafters side lined =( sniff and to use TNT below 30 would make sense since levels of gold diamonds are at be helpful

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Engineers could get TNT and light that doesn't cause block damage, miners can get TNT that does do block dmg. I doubt it would be possible to pull off, but it would be cool!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Engineers could get TNT and light that doesn't cause block damage, miners can get TNT that does do block dmg. I doubt it would be possible to pull off, but it would be cool!
No it would have to be either one or the other

Thoth

Legacy Supporter 4
An option would be to start your own server, I'm sure people would like this. But it's a huge change from HC and personally I don't like it.