• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

chowicus 01/16/2011 Neo_Exdeath

chowicus

Air
IGN: chowicus
Banned by?: neo_ex something
Time of ban: 12:30 pacific time
Reason for ban: I supposedly broke a rule by killing someone in town, although it was outside of town limits and I was attacked first. Requesting review of logs. Full story below.
Your story:I was in silverwyn or the adjacent town, not quite sure. I left and some guy with 4 random letters in his name(i dont know his name) in full diamond armor and diamond sword follows me(i didnt know he was following me). Then he swings multiple times and I turn around and see him, which scared me to death. (this was all outside of town limits) At this point, I turn around and kill him. Then, I collected all his diamond objects, and didnt think there would be a problem. Unfortunately, as I was walking, I was suddenly unable to move. Apparently a mod name neo_ex something(i forget) says I am to give the original combatant his things back. I felt like this was a mod abusing his power, so I asked what rule I broke beforehand. He said that I broke a rule but did not specify, so I asked for him to send a link. He did not provide one, and I asked multiple people including acexwild what rule I broke. They said I broke none. Acexwild even told me to tell neo to talk to ace aobut the ordeal, which I proceeded to do. Eventually, after I said that I would rather have Kain review the logs on what rule I broke,(as I was fairly certain I broke none) Neo proceeded to ban me for "pking in town" and not listening to moderator.

Overall, I think that this was an obvious use of a mod abusing power and an unfair ban. I ask for an appealment and a review of the the logs for this unfair treatment. Just because a mod's friend lost valuable equipment should not give the mod the right to ban me

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
RE: Banned? Post here to repeal!

It was dgco, i might be friends with him but would have done it for anyone pk'ed in a town. The rule about pvp is in the smp thread and spawn tower like i told you "• Townships in all tiers will have the full support of Herocraft Staff on their side in matters of theft/grief/PvP. Do not attempt to bypass our rules or you will be banned".

pic2.png

pic1.png

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1025&t=46180

I had no intention of banning you until you refused to listen to me. Dgco was afk and came back to you swinging at him so he swung his sword. I understand why you would have killed him. What i dont understand is why you refused to listen when i told you that you are not suppose to kill in a town and when i told you to return his stuff.

chowicus

Air

I did understand this, but I did not kill him in a town. I simply said that if you proved to me that I broke my rule from review of Kain, I would return his equipment. It is all in the chat logs and I would ask Kain to review these logs. Your friend certainly was not AFK and swung first. That can be seen in the logs.

Basicly, it was outside of town, he attacked first to begin with, and multiple people were telling me I did not break rules. I felt it necessary to stand up to the moderator as I felt like he was abusing his power. I never said anything disrespectful, just that Kain should review the situation and look at the logs. I said that until Kain verified I had in fact broken a rule, I did not feel comfortable giving away the valuable equipment I received. In retrospect, I would've just given back his things to avoid the ordeal and I am sorry, but I feel that by abusing your powers, I had a right to stand up to you.

I think Kain should review the logs and see that dgco attacked first from behind, I defended outside of town, and I was wrongfully banned by neo.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3

@chowicus I came to the exact location you killed him and you were in Fiore. Also you had a member of staff tell you were wrong, That should be enough to tell you to stop and listen. If a cop pulls you over for speeding do you claim they are wrong until the president tells you that you are wrong?

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder

chowicus said:
I did understand this, but I did not kill him in a town. I simply said that if you proved to me that I broke my rule from review of Kain, I would return his equipment. It is all in the chat logs and I would ask Kain to review these logs. Your friend certainly was not AFK and swung first. That can be seen in the logs.

Basicly, it was outside of town, he attacked first to begin with, and multiple people were telling me I did not break rules. I felt it necessary to stand up to the moderator as I felt like he was abusing his power. I never said anything disrespectful, just that Kain should review the situation and look at the logs. I said that until Kain verified I had in fact broken a rule, I did not feel comfortable giving away the valuable equipment I received. In retrospect, I would've just given back his things to avoid the ordeal and I am sorry, but I feel that by abusing your powers, I had a right to stand up to you.

I think Kain should review the logs and see that dgco attacked first from behind, I defended outside of town, and I was wrongfully banned by neo.

Treat the mod as you would Kainzo. The rules plainly say "Do as mods/admins say."

Kain is extremely busy, and all founders have a life outside of Minecraft.
This is why we delegate powers to mods/admins, people we obviously trust.

If a mod tells you to do something, you do it. If you have a problem with it, email myself, apherdite, or Kainzo afterwards.

chowicus

Air
RE: chowicus ban repeal

I think that is a valid point, and that I definitely was wrong to resist. In the future, (if I'm ever let back in) I'll be sure to send all my problems to Kainzo. I was acting more out of fear of losing the items I had acquired rather than abiding to the mods rules and reporting the offense later. However, I think banning me was far too harsh a punishment for my "offense" without review.

In addition, you froze me in place well after I had collected all his valuable and began to return to town. The logs should be able to show that. It isn't like I stood where his body was for several minutes after I had killed him...

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6

If you were frozen in place, that may have been my fault. After I sent a ticket (I WILL act if my citizens are hurt) I promptly banned you from Fiore. The Fiore Realm does not allow for expansion or re-creation due to a conflict error so within our second ring (not our first, which you may have mistaken, as we are a city we have 2 rings) we have places ( a few small ones) within Fiore which allow PvP but not because we want it.

chowicus

Air

I was aware you had two rings, and I was certainly not mistaken between the two. In fact, the message about leaving Fiore came up several seconds before I was attacked, just inside the tunnel.
Either way, as it seems most others have left the thread, how long does a ban for this offense last for?

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6

I do believe it's a perma ban, however I do not think it should be perma.

I can ask for the mods/admins to reconsider.

And you were 100% in Fiore if you couldn't move after I denied you entrance from the realm :p

chowicus

Air

That would be awesome. I really feel that this ban was unfair to begin with but I just want to play again.

Also, I'm positive I was in Fiore when I got frozen, but the point of conflict was certainly not in Fiore. I wasn't frozen until at least a minute after I had killed him. I just want to clear things up so do the logs show the x, y, and z of actions. If someone checks those, I'm sure I can prove that the conflict was at the end of the tunnel past city limits, as well as me being the one who was attacked first.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

chowicus said:
I think that is a valid point, and that I definitely was wrong to resist. In the future, (if I'm ever let back in) I'll be sure to send all my problems to Kainzo. I was acting more out of fear of losing the items I had acquired rather than abiding to the mods rules and reporting the offense later. However, I think banning me was far too harsh a punishment for my "offense" without review.

In addition, you froze me in place well after I had collected all his valuable and began to return to town. The logs should be able to show that. It isn't like I stood where his body was for several minutes after I had killed him...

Send all your problems to /staff/ - I would prefer not to be brought into anything unless its extremely necessary - (Server breaking issues/etc)