• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Chest Shops should cost Coin to make

TwidgerMC

Glowing Redstone
When 2.8 comes out, everyone will be able to make chest shops, which is fine. However, I fear that everyone is going to have one somewhere, which won't make it fun to own one personally anymore :(

So that's why I suggest there should be a price on making a chest shop, making it a bigger challenge to gather money. The amount to make one should be ~50c, and can be reimbursed just like an LWC.

c12095

Holy Shit!
When 2.8 comes out, everyone will be able to make chest shops, which is fine. However, I fear that everyone is going to have one somewhere, which won't make it fun to own one personally anymore :(

So that's why I suggest there should be a price on making a chest shop, making it a bigger challenge to gather money. The amount to make one should be ~50c, and can be reimbursed just like an LWC.

You make a really good point, with everyone on the server able to theres gonna be a lot more of those crappie shops on the side of the road that die out soon after their made. This might make people think twice about where they place, however I dont think they should be reimbursed. Gives players the ability to pop it down, if it won't make them profit they can go find the next random spot to place a chest.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
You make a really good point, with everyone on the server able to theres gonna be a lot more of those crappie shops on the side of the road that die out soon after their made. This might make people think twice about where they place, however I dont think they should be reimbursed. Gives players the ability to pop it down, if it won't make them profit they can go find the next random spot to place a chest.
agreed, good idea but not refunds

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
think it should cost 75 c to buy a right to a shop allowing like 5 chests.. then 100 for 5 more.. 100 for 5 more.. one time fee up to say 30 chests?? maybe?

then only allow first level 50 crafter to make said shop. having it as level one too low and EVERYONE got one or uses it for a free lwc,( which is BAD)

you could take down your chests no refund but would still own the right to place them again.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
There are a lot of good ideas on this thread, but I think there is one other thing that needs to be considered. If a shop is empty for the inactivity period (2 weeks) then I think it should be removed, just like LWC's.

Katabolt

TNT
agreed but i dont think it should be something you get as level 1 crafter.. should be 30-50 level.
make the shop pay tax too :D

I certainly agree, chestshops should be given out at higher levels so people actually need to work to be able to place them. Taxes also seem like a great idea, maybe like 1-3c per chestshop every week or something? Whatever we end up doing, we still have the problem of people exploiting chestshops as LWC's. Even with the 50c to start up a chestshop, and lets say 3c for taxes for a chestshop every week, its still significantly less than the normal cost for a LWC.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I certainly agree, chestshops should be given out at higher levels so people actually need to work to be able to place them. Taxes also seem like a great idea, maybe like 1-3c per chestshop every week or something? Whatever we end up doing, we still have the problem of people exploiting chestshops as LWC's. Even with the 50c to start up a chestshop, and lets say 3c for taxes for a chestshop every week, its still significantly less than the normal cost for a LWC.
I'm working on writing some rules to attempt to fix this. But it is rather difficult to do so and still allow for creativity