• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Chainmail

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Currently I cannot use iron bars (fence) into chainmail with a cauldron. However, Iron ingots and lava buckets works.

Helmet = 5 iron ingots (bucket included since it gets destroyed)
Chest = 7
Legs = 6
Feet = 4

As you can see it takes as much, or just under the amount of ingots it takes to make regular iron armor. That's all fine and dandy, except chainmail isn't as good.

So you are paying about the same amount of resources AS WELL AS the lava which you have to go out and find. I just find it a lot more work for something that isn't as good.

Iron bars (fences) as follows sounds good to me:

Helmet: 6
Chest = 10
Legs = 8
Feet= 4

Either thrown into cauldron (preferable if possible) or limited to alchemists in a workbench would work fine.

Petator

Glowing Redstone
I agree with this. Previously, chainmail crafting was one of the Alchemist's main draws, but now that potions are around and chainmail is actually worth a damn outside of duels, I feel like chain needs to be made more accessible.

The high efficiency cauldron recipe would help. Personally, I think blacksmiths should also get access to chain through the workbench recipe.