• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Can't decide between dread knight or samurai.

Sn0wBorn

Iron
I have looked at both of these classes a ton of times on the wiki but I still cannot decide which one to choose I think it would be good to hear from the rest of the players and help me decide.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
Samurai is much better against all specs, while DK is slightly better vs melee. Go Samurai if you enjoy PvP.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Dreadknight is a 'tank' but can still deal out a fair amount of damage with his magic spells. Empathy and terror are both slows which stop the enemy opponent from escaping, empathy is probobly their best skill as it can do up to 195 damage. I would say go DK if you enjoy tanking + DoTs as DK has decay + soul leech.

Samurai is nearly a rogue/warrior hybrid, they have fairly low armor, great damage in melee and their skills rely on the ability to out-melee your opponent.

I believe that samurai would be the correct choice for a player new to HC as they don't rely on skills as much.

Hope I helped :D

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Either way, just start laughing when you see a Ranger in a 1v1. Unless you are a samurai and they manage to Ice Arrow your One a lot. Otherwise, maintain constant laughter.

Now for a useful comment: DKs are less mobile, less consistent damage, and less ranged vs Samurai are less focused on survivability, less burst damage, and less armored.