• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Bug..? Timeout/Can't reach server

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
When I open my client, usually I can just connect to the server, but after every restart the server would show up in my server list as "Can't reach server" like if the connection times out. If i try to connect anyways, I time out. I have tried restarting my client, and have entered other servers/worlds etc. I restarted my computer and then i would be able to connect until next restart, where I would have to restart my comp again. This worked for a while, but now it will no longer work. I am using a Macbook air, Thanks.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
When I open my client, usually I can just connect to the server, but after every restart the server would show up in my server list as "Can't reach server" like if the connection times out. If i try to connect anyways, I time out. I have tried restarting my client, and have entered other servers/worlds etc. I restarted my computer and then i would be able to connect until next restart, where I would have to restart my comp again. This worked for a while, but now it will no longer work. I am using a Macbook air, Thanks.
What IP are you connecting with?

hux0

Legacy Supporter 3
Guess he wants to know which IP/address you have in the server list.

I actually have the same problem. My server list consists of two servers: rpg.hc.to, haven.hc.to. The funny thing is: once rpg becomes unavailable, haven is available and vice versa. So in the end, I can connect always. Needless to say, whatever IP I use, it leads to the Haven Map.

I'm having the same issue but I have not been able to see the server at all. Have tried hub.hc.to, rpg.hc.to

Edit:

I have also tried just sending a ping out and the DNS is linking me to an IP for each but no response. Of course the response could be turned off. Have also tried uninstalling and completely removing .minecraft folder and redownloading clien, uninstalling and reinstalling java, restarting my computer, and placing the minecraft folder as an exception in avg and windows firewall.

Last edited:

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
Um that ^^^^^ sounds Waaaaay to high tech for me, rpg.hc.to, and hub.hc.to both wont work after restart. Or I log off.

hux0

Legacy Supporter 3
What server ip are you using to connect? I havent seen this issue but I'm curious.

haven.hc.to may not exist, heh... but *.hc.to does ... meaning you could connect with "jackrabbit.hc.to"

Found the time to lookup my server list, and it looks like one of the attachments. Now I refresh a few times, and it looks like the other one. :eek:

The good thing is: there is always one server I can connect to.

I just don't get why it shows such a difference in player numbers.

rpg.hc.to.jpg rpg.hc.to2.jpg