• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug [Bug] Looting III item significantly reducing mob drops

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I ran a little experiment with an Unbreaking III/Knockback II/Looting III wooden sword to see how it would affect mob drops. I was not last hitting with the sword itself; instead, I was holding it in my hand while casting a killing-blow spell. The results of my test showed that mobs on average would not drop *any* loot 70-75% of the time. Of those that did drop loot (area was 1000-1300 meters from spawn, and the mobs had about 850-950 hp each), the loot provided was no more abundant than a regular drop.

I am unsure if this is a bug or REALLY bad luck. The experiment was run on about 40 mobs. The results seemed to me to be significant relative to when I would fight mobs.

Thank you,

-yav

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Yavool I don't know that it's the sword - I think mob drops may have, erm, dropped.

Please see my bug report on the lack of leather/beef drops from cows.

Yes, I did at first attempt harvesting the cows with a Looting III sword with multiple enchants, but when I saw the problem, I did the subsequent testing with an iron sword with just a Sharpness enchant, and drops were still greatly reduced - maybe a third - of what they were yesterday. Over half the cows dropped nothing at all.

To get more info together for this:
  • Which mobs?
  • Which server?
  • How far out from spawn?

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Yavool I don't know that it's the sword - I think mob drops may have, erm, dropped.

Yes, I did at first attempt harvesting the cows with a Looting III sword with multiple enchants, but when I saw the problem, I did the subsequent testing with an iron sword with just a Sharpness enchant, and drops were still greatly reduced - maybe a third - of what they were yesterday. Over half the cows dropped nothing at all.

• Which mobs?
  • Which server?

Zombies, skeles, and creepers;
Sanctuary;
About 1000-1300m from Spawn

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Tested again at 1100x -550z on Sanctuary: no mob drops when using a looting weapon. However when closer in (850x 150z) drops occur and the looting weapon seems to increase the drop quantity.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
/bump I know y'all are busy, but I wanted to check and see if there was any progress in identifying the disparity between PVP and PVE with regard to looting weapons and how they nullify drops in the PVE world.

Thanks,

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

• Which mobs?
  • Which server?
The "vanilla" drops section was dropped, apparently we were having double drops on mobs (50% more than vanilla) these past few years...

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The "vanilla" drops section was dropped, apparently we were having double drops on mobs (50% more than vanilla) these past few years...
I guess it's about probability rather than quantity? I don't know the probability data.

Like it's not uncommon to get 0 drops from 50% of animals in a pen (18 animals). Is this what is intended?