• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bloodmage

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Problems With the Class:
  • Very Poor Healing
  • Lack of actual Support
  • Too much damage for a "Support"
  • Blood union system is awkward since it makes skills viable only when maxed.
My Proposed Changes:
  • Increase Base Mana Regen from 18 to 20
  • Infusion-
    • Heal: 65->80
    • Scaling: 1.375-> 1.825
    • Remove Self Heal Nerf
    • Health cost: 30->50
  • Transfuse- Increase mana return from 125->200
  • Blood Bond-
    • Mana Cost: 40/s->25/s
    • Heal Percentage->25%->35%
  • So other things that I'm to lazy to make numbers for...
    • Combust blood needs looking at (Maybe less mana)
    • Boilblood needs better scaling, but overall less mana.
@Balance Team

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Problems With the Class:
  • Very Poor Healing
  • Lack of actual Support
  • Too much damage for a "Support"
  • Blood union system is awkward since it makes skills viable only when maxed.
My Proposed Changes:
  • Increase Base Mana Regen from 18 to 20
  • Infusion-
    • Heal: 65->80
    • Scaling: 1.375-> 1.825
    • Remove Self Heal Nerf
    • Health cost: 30->50
  • Transfuse- Increase mana return from 125->200
  • Blood Bond-
    • Mana Cost: 40/s->25/s
    • Heal Percentage->25%->35%
  • So other things that I'm to lazy to make numbers for...
    • Combust blood needs looking at (Maybe less mana)
    • Boilblood needs better scaling, but overall less mana.
[USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP]

Although at first glance, BM will seem weaker then other classes of it's type you want to keep in mind that it also has it's +15+15 buff. This allow BM to get 55 Intellect and 35 Wisdom to feed it's potential lack of some skill power. Pewpewpewlasers would be one of the best players to consult on this as he has played BM in most of it's iterations and has a ton of experience with it.

The other thing I would note, that although it's been brought up that Healers might be repinned as Support, I believe that has not happened yet, so worrying about the lack of support skills on the BM is not as needed. It's a heavy damage dealing healer, that once maxed has extremely good sustain with it's super high caster stats, self heal, drain and damage spells.

Now, I am not saying BM is a perfect class, but I have heard good things regarding it's group and 1v1 fights, at least at end game.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Although at first glance, BM will seem weaker then other classes of it's type you want to keep in mind that it also has it's +15+15 buff. This allow BM to get 55 Intellect and 35 Wisdom to feed it's potential lack of some skill power. Pewpewpewlasers would be one of the best players to consult on this as he has played BM in most of it's iterations and has a ton of experience with it.

The other thing I would note, that although it's been brought up that Healers might be repinned as Support, I believe that has not happened yet, so worrying about the lack of support skills on the BM is not as needed. It's a heavy damage dealing healer, that once maxed has extremely good sustain with it's super high caster stats, self heal, drain and damage spells.

Now, I am not saying BM is a perfect class, but I have heard good things regarding it's group and 1v1 fights, at least at end game.
Unfortunately for me, Bloodmage is one of the two classes I have little to no experience with, and I've never really played against one.

I created a conversation with pew, Whiteninja, and rshooter to see what they think of the class, since they all have some good experience with it.

Ruger392

Obsidian
Provide actual feedback please, the snarky tones are not necessary.
The class bloodmage is a good class. There is no reason to touch bloodmage right now, it has decent healing, decent mana and decent damage which in my view is good. The class is a kiting class and shouldntr be touched

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
From Whiteninja:
"Ok, so here are a few suggestion I would do for bloodmage:

Attributes:
  • Decrease base intellect to 9
  • Increase base constitution to 5
  • Increase base mana regen/5sec to 20
Infusion
  • Increase base heal to 70
Transfuse
  • Increase return mana from 125 mana to 170 mana
Bloodbond
  • Reduce mana cost from 40 mana/3sec to 30 mana/5sec
  • Increase converted damage to heal by 30%
Thickenblood(I'm not sure if they instantly regain all their stamina back after Thickenblood's duration is over but if it does then..)
  • Make it so stamina doesn't instantly regen back to full, but regens from 0 stamina at the rate of their Stamina Regeneration.
Bloodritual
  • Give a warmup of 1 second
Stealessence(Right now it can barely steal any useful skill. The last I tested it can steal clarity but not manasong)
  • Add more beneficial skills that can be stolen from the target

Ok so this isn't really a bloodmage suggestion but for all classes with revive:
  • When a target is recently revived, for the next 25 seconds any incoming heal to them will be reduced by 25%"

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Bloodmage:
Infusion base healing increased by 10 (now 75)
Transfuse mana-gain increased to 150 from 125
Bloodbond heal is now 30% and mana tick is 35 every 4s