• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Blackjack

HollowSith

Diamond
So I'm curious. What does Blackjack actually do? I've never had it done to me, and have never had it work on anyone while in pvp or testing. It's a skill I've actually over looked till recently because of the low percentage of it actually hitting someone. Once you've become stunned what happens? Do you stop moving and cease to be able to injure your foe?

Also, really wishing Blackjack had an increased 15-20% chance of stunning for 10 seconds. Pvp is often quick, 20 seconds to me seems unnecessary. Though the skill seems very cool as is. I suppose the change is something of an idea on my wish list.

HollowSith

Diamond
I was thinking about the skill Blackjack. A skill shared by both Thief and Ninja.

Blackjack: For 20 seconds, your attacks have a 5%-10% chance to stun a target. (1-3 seconds?)

Anyway, I was thinking why not make Blackjack a passive skill. Make it set at a 5% chance and the stun last 2-3 seconds. My reason for this thinking is because 25 MP is a lot of mana for a skill that may not even take effect. But, I understand. That is the reason why it is called Blackjack. Your gambling.

Because of its low rate of success I have rarely used it. When I have it hasn't ever taken effect. Other skills like Silence and Assassins Blade are more crucial in a 10 second battle.

Offtopic: Testing it in game multiple times, this skill "sheathes" itself long before 20 seconds. Perhaps 5 seconds?

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
I am just explaining how blackjack works. It is a skill that works for 1 hit. In that hit it has a 5-10% chance to stun the player. If they are stunned, they will be stunned for 20 seconds. Does that clarify a little for you?

HollowSith

Diamond
Hmm, no wonder I had the skill confused. The wording on the wiki suggests the skill is active fore 20 seconds, and in those 20 seconds you have a chance to stun your opponent for 1-3 seconds. Well at least that was my interpretation.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
RNG in general is not fun and I would prefer to remove anything that has it, especially something that is as luck based as blackjack.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
When i used it, once I got it to work, and it was definatly not 20 seconds of a stun. It was prob about 1 or 2 seconds before they were off running again. But this was awhile ago, and I have never used it since. Waste of MP

Zihara

Obsidian
It's NOT 20 seconds of stun. You have the ability active for 20 seconds and during that time frame you have the chance to stun them for periods of 1-3 seconds. I wholly agree with Kyza that it should either be a passive ability or have a longer stun duration. I used it the other day and the stun seemed to last less than a second.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
i'd be happy with a higher chance of it working, even if its a 5 seconds stun i doubt anyone will use it if it only has a 5-10% chance of landing.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
does it the ability last a whole 20 seconds or is just one swing on a target?

If it lasts the whole 20 seconds those a pretty good odds its gonna land, otherwise 1 in 10 odds, in which i would rather save my mana for safe fall or a smoke if i need to make a getaway, but I also suppose having a choice to choose between running and fighting is a good thing.

HollowSith

Diamond
You usually meet someone 1 on 1 rather then in a group. 20 seconds with a low percentage would be better for multiple enemies rather then one single enemy. While spamming the right click, chances are the time your blade will get you the stun it'll miss. So an increased % would be very beneficial to considering using this skill in PVP.

Personally I've found with both Ninja's and especially Thieves with their low health/ armor they are not capable (usually) of taking on multiple level 50 opponents. Thieves are built for sneaking and surprise dirty tactics, the skill as it is now seems almost useless when you consider that thieves are played as hit and run. Get backstab kill, grab the loot and get out. This being said, a shorter time (10 seconds) with a great chance (10-15%) to inflict a short stun (3-5 seconds). This would be much more useful for the amount of exp that is required to use the risky skill to begin with. Otherwise, players such as myself can't risk losing get away mana and the skill becomes ignored and useless.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
I think we need more mobility skills. As ninjas, we are no faster and have no way of catching opponents. We have a good offense, but its BS when we cant catch them. The only ones that are dont have a way of stopping us, are warriors, which we are supposed to lose 1 vs 1 on. We need something that speeds us up, or gives us a way to close gaps quicker. Ninjas are supposed to be quick and agile.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I think we need more mobility skills. As ninjas, we are no faster and have no way of catching opponents. We have a good offense, but its BS when we cant catch them. The only ones that are dont have a way of stopping us, are warriors, which we are supposed to lose 1 vs 1 on. We need something that speeds us up, or gives us a way to close gaps quicker. Ninjas are supposed to be quick and agile.
Ninjas do need some love, the only thing that really sets them apart from thief is smoke, while thieves have a plethora of skills.