• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Big Thread of Books!

Apherdite

Queen Bee
* BOOKS *

I don't think there's one of these yet... so here it is! This is a place you can come to rave about great books you've read or to find new books to discover!

I just finished the book: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card and it was an amazing adventure that I really couldn't put down. It's a Sci-Fi, space book and is coming out as a movie on November 1st.
tl;dr: It's amazing, that is all.

I also recently finished The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and it was also a wonderful and beautiful tale. The imagery and story were amazing. It's a Fantasy (magic-stuff) story that tells the story of three or four different people at once - Celine, Marco and Bailey most notably. It's kinda a lover story, but just at the end.
tl;dr - MAGIC!!

Other wonderful books:
- The Hobbit (DUH)
- Hold me Closer, Necromancer (DEAD SHIT EVERYWHEREEEE@!%#)
- Morganville Vampires Series (If you're into that)
- Eragon
- Hunger Games Series (better than the movie(s))

I'll add more as I read more :eek:

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
There was a thread for this, but posting in it now would be necro'ing it :p

Some of my favorites:
V for Vendetta
Watchmen
Sandman series
no others come to mind at the moment.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm a big fan of reading (Mostly RP posts and TES wiki) though I'm not a huge fan of Novels. Though I love the Silverwing series by Kenneth Opel. I have all four of the books (Assuming no more were made) and have read 2 of them so far.

Other than that, I was a fan of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Although I've never actually finished one of them :(

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm on volume 4 of the History of the English Speaking Peoples right now, by Winston Churchill, and it is very interesting if you like that sort of thing. I'd have to say my favourite all time series is the Foundation Series, by Isaac Asimov, along with his Robot and Empire series.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I got to recomend the serie starting with "I'm number four".
It's really an amazing book, that is hard to put aside.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
If anyone ever wants to enjoy the movie, watch it before you read it. Because if you read it and then watch it, you will want to gouge the eyes of the movie makers out. Or stab them many times.
~
Uh, The 5th Wave is an amazing book, by Rick Yancey. I also need to read John Green's books, like The Fault in Our Stars, and Looking for Alaska.

Fablehaven series is a good read, as is the Septimus Heap books.

Also the Secrets of the Immortal Nicolas Flamel (I still need to read the last book in this series. :eek: )

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I would have to say my second favourite series is the Lord of the Rings along with the Hobbit, the Book of Lost Tales, and the Silmarillion.
Also, the Destroyermen series is a terrific one, about a cross dimensional ship wreck of a WWII american destroyer.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Game of Thrones (All the books)
Artemis Fowl
Inheritance series
Hunger Games series
Caesar (Book about his life as a politician, general and dictator)
Alexander series (Alexander the Great's life from birth to death)
Lots of WW2 related books
Darren Shan series
+++