• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Beginner’s Guide to Leveling in Herocraft

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Hello Everyone!

As a long-standing player of herocraft, I know the in’s and out’s of leveling. Time to mastering a class can be greatly reduced by using the most efficient and effective leveling technique.

The first step to leveling is creating a foundation. You should know that it’s terribly inefficient and hard to level solo. Spend your scarce time joining a town or befriending other players to level with you. Joining a town is especially helpful because food can be easily acquired and you’ll now have a place to store your items safely.

Note: I do not recommend leveling right away without other higher leveled players. Leveling in any dungeon besides t6 is way too slow and should be avoided at all costs. And it is grealty recommented to level with a healer.

If your class can wear armour that isn’t leather, wear it (unless your a baller and feel like buying leather to level do so). Also make sure that you’re always using Herocraft custom weapons. They have increased attack speed and take longer to break. You can obtain them through /shop (Warning: they cost 50c, which is alot) or by trading them at the villages at spawn by trading in a respective diamond weapon for your class’ weapon.

BXr3xlo.png

UnOBSTl.png

warrior => Diamond Sword

rogue => Diamond Sword

healer => Diamond Hoe

caster => Diamond Hoe

Note: This Assumes you're in a group
God Tier
Cleric
Beastmaster
Monk

Pretty Good Tier
Barbarian / Extortioner
Beguiler/Wizard
Runeblade / Ninja
Paladin
ShadowKnight (with clarity)
Elementalist
Pyromancer
Bard

Meh
Samurai
Dragoon

Shit Tier
Shaman
Endermage
Geomancer

Note: Using player-made weapons will cut your DPS because you will be restricted to vanilla mc hitting a speed

t4 dungeons are the best place to level. go to elvern palace and have fun grinding for 20 hours

IGNORE:
Leveling should only be done in t6 dungeons. I know that they are PVP ON, and may be hunted by players such as Mayitre or Ritzerben. Dying while leveling should be expected. Leveling involves some risk, but in no time, you’ll level up fast and get your skills to defend yourself. This is also why leveling in groups is effective.

To go to dungeons, go to spawn, take the nexus portal to the nexus do a 180 and walk to the portal that says "Dungeons"

If you do not have access to t6 dungeons, below is the best way to advance there.
Note: Every party member must hit the boss in order to advance and should be near it when it dies

T1
>Skip extended tutorial and waste of time

T2
>Go to necropolis
>Climb up the staircase
>Climb up the stairs up to y = 115 and kill the boss that spawns on the gold block
dWio6sN.png

T3
>Go to twisters domain
>Run in a straight line to the end and RUSH THE BOSS (Tiny mobs hurt)
gD7ap9l.png

T4
>Go to elvern castle
>Climb up the sandstone stairs
>Head west and go into the building
>go straight then turn right and you should end up in this garden and kill boss
T7pgQlD.png

T5
>Go to sky castles and fall down
>Go to the south west corner and lure him out so that you can jump onto buildings and kill him
PhrLv1P.png

For leveling in T6 dungeons, either dungeon is fine. I prefer dark palace more so I’m going to show you the good spots there.

A good cycle is to go to each boss room and kill them then move to the next boss and so on. Bosses spawn every 10 minutes and you can kill elites (orange text mobs) while waiting. The prefered method of killing bosses is going to the back of dark palace and killing the iron golem.
aWzeWWp.png

If you have a mobility skill, you can jump onto the pillars and safe spot.

Next walk to the big portal, enter it, and navigate to the other side of the circle, and you’ll see two boss rooms.
stN2RjV.png

fByGqlL.png

Xglk267.png

Note: Mobs aggro based on who did the most damage to them. Use this to your advantage.

If you’re not confident in killing bosses, or lack DPS, you can kill mobs near the entrance or west side of DP
NS7Kdir.png

[\SPOILER]

And that's basically it. Leveling is pretty simple once you understand that you need to be in a group, with a healer, and be leveling in a t6 dungeon. if you're getting camped by annoying PVP's msg me in-game and I'll see if I can deal with them

Also, capturing castles give %exp boosts which can greatly speed up your EXP gains. This is especially important during boosts because they multiply the effect.

NOW FOR PROFESSIONS
1. Buy an eff4ubc4 pick (~75c)
2. Mine
3. Cry
4. Complain
5. Wait for captured castles or boost
6. Mine

Last edited:

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Killing green named basic mobs is actually faster than cycling bosses and elites. Yes, you don't get as much loot but if you're going for exp/hr, greens have the best hp for their exp. Find a place with 3 green spawners close to one another, but far enough away that you don't agro more than one at a time. The staircases on the east and west side of DP are excellent examples of this. Beat the mob up against the wall, kill it, and move on. They respawn fast enough so that one is usually always alive. Use a spot that doesn't have a bow mob spawner, they absolutely ruin any class in a 1v1.

It's entirely possible to go from 1 to 50 with a leftclick based class in a 1hr/200% boost with this if you focus. It'll take longer if you're a caster just because you'll run out of mana, but still expect gains.

@Kainzo did leveling pretty good this map. Feels good, not terribly slow. My only complaint is that all of the current pvp is dungeon combing instead of overworld raids.

Edit - I'm fine with bosses and elites giving less exp/hr then greens, they give the loot to make up for it

Last edited:

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm not going to lie, your tier list is actually pretty misinformed. Left click classes are 100% the best, as they will deal the most damage in the shortest amount of time, and most of them won't even take damage doing it.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
I'm not going to lie, your tier list is actually pretty misinformed. Left click classes are 100% the best, as they will deal the most damage in the shortest amount of time, and most of them won't even take damage doing it.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll adjust it in a bit. I just based this off my experience on how easy it was to level based on how easy it was to kill mobs. In my opinion having classes with AoEs are more important in a group than having classes with a strong left click. However, I can see mana issues being a problem and lack of DPS.