• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Beastmaster Help

I really want to become a Beastmaster. I mean REALY (those of you that actually listen to me know that I drone on about my love of wolves sometimes). But I was confused about the Wiki and need help understanding this. When you cast "Wolf", does it summon wolves that you have already tamed, or wolves that are wild, but you have to tame.

Thanks for listening!

Demonxman

Obsidian
ok. as a future beastmaster myself I would like that to be a bit more clarified because I'm a bit slow...

so as I understand you get (# of wolves) that are spawned under your control without you having to find wolves and tame them, leave them somewhere then in the thick of battle summon them to your side to uberly fuck someones day up?

ok, after actually reading over the response from the mod I found that I was right and this post is useless and only makes me look stupid :rolleyes:

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Wolves follow you around, so you don't have to "resummon" them. You'd do well asking for more details from some Beastmasters in-game. Use /hero who beastmaster to see the names of Beastmasters that are online.

R3xz

Glowstone
More wolves are summoned the more lvl you have.

At lvl 45, you will summon a maximum of 9 wolves. That's from my understanding. All the wolves will be twice as strong as a normal tamed or wild wolves, they will have 10 hearts instead of 5 and they deal twice as much as damage. That is how it should be implemented but the double damage and heart might not work right now, also the summoning cap is not fixed yet so you can have like 20 wolves if you wanted to tame that much.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Hey I put up skills on the beastmaster wiki that I found to be deleted. Those may have been skills that aren't released yet but I do appreciate knowing why they were simply deleted.

http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki...ter&action=historysubmit&diff=2110&oldid=2090

@Alator

They were skills that came as part of MyWolf, the plugin the coders modified for their use. However, these skills have no functionality, and have recently been removed from the /skills list for Beastmasters.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
so the coders just took out the abilities for future use all together?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
They were skills that came as part of MyWolf, the plugin the coders modified for their use. However, these skills have no functionality, and have recently been removed from the /skills list for Beastmasters.
Correct - we're looking at adding in a few more melee abilities for the Beastmaster

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Correct - we're looking at adding in a few more melee abilities for the Beastmaster

I just really hope they keep the bow. Because the ranger gets the Axe of doom at the same HP per hit as the Beastmaster, but they get cool bow skills. We should get cool melee skills, but keep the bow.

Right now with assblade and poisonarrow, we are even. Yet they have firearrow. So, I want a fire axe :p

I like the way that works out between the two classes. However we need more skills to catch up to the Rangers!

jason8261

Legacy Supporter 5
Yea, Hope they keep the bow. Cuz right now Rangers will pwn all our wolves and yourself . :p

Oh how much damage do we do with the bow?