• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Arcanegrove's (Phenxore) Balance Team Application

arcanegrove

Obsidian
1. Minecraft IGN / Age: Phenxore - 18

2. Position applying for: Balance Team (implementer or tester): Tester

3. How long have you been on Herocraft?: 5.3 (ish?) years.

4. What's your favorite class/path?: Currently, I really enjoy Shaman

5. How often and in what timezone can you test?: I can test as often as I am on Herocraft, which is around 11-xxxx CST. Occasionally I can get a few hours in during the afternoon

6. What sets you apart from other members applying for this team?: I am a support main, and generally have a good feel for team fights.

7. Do you have any similar experience?: I do not. I have been on and off talking with Irish about testing through Beta though,

8. Do you understand this team is for balancing current skills only?: I do.

9. Can you follow directions from a team lead, no matter what they ask?: I can.

10. Additional info you would like to tell us?:
I'm a fairly decent pvper when playing a duelist class, but support is my main. I loved the 6 skill reduction, I just thought it was very poorly balanced during the Beta (Which really was a shame). I play Smite at a very high level, so I have experience at pure player verses player games. I hope to be working with the Balance team soon.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Bump @Irishman81

You had told you that you were busy and couldn't look at Balance app around two weeks ago. Now, two people who are a part of Lazytown and are known associates of your have become balance members before me. Either you have purposefully ignored the application, or don't need more balance team members (Which would have to be false since you've accepted two of your friends since then)

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Bump @Irishman81

You had told you that you were busy and couldn't look at Balance app around two weeks ago. Now, two people who are a part of Lazytown and are known associates of your have become balance members before me. Either you have purposefully ignored the application, or don't need more balance team members (Which would have to be false since you've accepted two of your friends since then)
I promoted the only two active apps. You have not been in game in weeks. Don't appreciate the attitude

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I have been online mostly in the evening and late nights, since that's when most of Newerth is on. I also made the made the app when I was very active, and it still had no response, so just because I'm not active now, doesn't mean I couldn't be active. I took a small break from Herocraft to grind in some other games, as I was mostly working on balance with Vic anyways. (Many of the ideas outlines in his posts on the ,"Herocraft Revamp - Let's do this right" thread were actually my own.)

Also, I wouldn't bump a thread if I was entirely inactive. I am a well rounded player who enjoys all aspects of Herocraft, but PvP mostly. To me, it had gotten rather boring, and I had to feed my suggestions through Vic since my other ones were ignored.

I don't have attitude because I was ignored. I current have an attitude because I care very deeply for Herocraft. It was my first real experience in a Hardcore environment, and has genuinely shaped my interest in other games.

However, if you want to discuss attitude, then why don't we discuss your recent applicants? How many appeals have we seen from the majority of the balance team? How many of them have had an attitude in game, gotten banned/muted, had an attitude in their appeal, only to still be accepted into the balance team many weeks after my un-replied application? Again, the only reason for this attitude is because I really care for Herocraft.

I know that you're actually a very chill guy, and that most of the Lazytown chaps aren't all that terrible either (Since it's probably mostly an internet persona) But as someone who's never been banned, never been muted, who genuinely cares about herocraft, and you tell me you don't, "Appreciate the attitude." is fucking bullshit. Because my attitude is a result of my care for Herocraft.

If you don't want me on the team, tell me you don't want me on the team. And then tell me why. Don't side step it with, "I promoted the only two active apps. You have not been in game in weeks. Don't appreciate the attitude."

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I have been online mostly in the evening and late nights, since that's when most of Newerth is on. I also made the made the app when I was very active, and it still had no response, so just because I'm not active now, doesn't mean I couldn't be active. I took a small break from Herocraft to grind in some other games, as I was mostly working on balance with Vic anyways. (Many of the ideas outlines in his posts on the ,"Herocraft Revamp - Let's do this right" thread were actually my own.)

Also, I wouldn't bump a thread if I was entirely inactive. I am a well rounded player who enjoys all aspects of Herocraft, but PvP mostly. To me, it had gotten rather boring, and I had to feed my suggestions through Vic since my other ones were ignored.

I don't have attitude because I was ignored. I current have an attitude because I care very deeply for Herocraft. It was my first real experience in a Hardcore environment, and has genuinely shaped my interest in other games.

However, if you want to discuss attitude, then why don't we discuss your recent applicants? How many appeals have we seen from the majority of the balance team? How many of them have had an attitude in game, gotten banned/muted, had an attitude in their appeal, only to still be accepted into the balance team many weeks after my un-replied application? Again, the only reason for this attitude is because I really care for Herocraft.

I know that you're actually a very chill guy, and that most of the Lazytown chaps aren't all that terrible either (Since it's probably mostly an internet persona) But as someone who's never been banned, never been muted, who genuinely cares about herocraft, and you tell me you don't, "Appreciate the attitude." is fucking bullshit. Because my attitude is a result of my care for Herocraft.

If you don't want me on the team, tell me you don't want me on the team. And then tell me why. Don't side step it with, "I promoted the only two active apps. You have not been in game in weeks. Don't appreciate the attitude."
I appreciate the concern, but let me worry about my own team. You're going to need to be more active in game, because despite what you say, nobody in my town, including myself, has seen you since the first week.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Besides not being online during the day often due to the sleep schedule of most of my town, I often have O muted because of mining. I also don't say much in O regardless. I only talk when there are people directly talking to me, or when I feel like it.

I haven't been super active, but I have been online quite a lot. Just because you don't see me, doesn't mean in not on often. Also, even if I'm not online, I'm always in Discord with the Newerth people talking about Herocraft, so even if I'm not in-game, it doesn't mean I'm out of touch with the server.