• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Allow speccing combat at LS 30 but require lvl 60 LS for mastery

Would this add to the HC experience? I think so.

• Total voters

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I think it would be nice for those of us who mostly build and don't care so much to spec, to be able to continue gaining combat xp and abilities while defending from mobs. Perhaps a few slightly weakened abilities that would have been available to specced classes could become available. Gills, or become death, with shortened times and longer cool downs of course. Some of the more advanced spells and some of the more advanced combat abilities, again weakened, like jump or wind walk, perhaps summon arrow or ice arrow, megabolt. Lost Soul could become a more versatile all purpose class with a little bit of everything, a jack of all trades master of none so to speak.
In this fashion players could choose at lvl 30 LS to become a combat spec, or to continue advancing as a lost soul and growing stronger. LS could go to 60, 65, or even 90 always growing more powerful and versatile but never becoming quite as good at any one thing as a spec, nor having as much HP or mana.

Jackrox256

Obsidian
Interesting concept.

But I think it defeats the purpose of a Lost Soul and the lore behind it. Lost Soul is supposed to be weak in comparison to other classes. Its the path that branches off into all the different specializations therefore it wouldn't make sense to make it a viable class option.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Interesting concept.

But I think it defeats the purpose of a Lost Soul and the lore behind it. Lost Soul is supposed to be weak in comparison to other classes. Its the path that branches off into all the different specializations therefore it wouldn't make sense to make it a viable class option.
It would still be always weaker.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Logic is mastery to spec, not X level to spec.
Um I wouldn't normally argue coding with a coder but I know this will work with heroes. Just set the strong parent for all combat specs to LS 30. I have done this before on my server and it worked.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think it would be nice for those of us who mostly build and don't care so much to spec, to be able to continue gaining combat xp and abilities while defending from mobs. Perhaps a few slightly weakened abilities that would have been available to specced classes could become available. Gills, or become death, with shortened times and longer cool downs of course. Some of the more advanced spells and some of the more advanced combat abilities, again weakened, like jump or wind walk, perhaps summon arrow or ice arrow, megabolt. Lost Soul could become a more versatile all purpose class with a little bit of everything, a jack of all trades master of none so to speak.
In this fashion players could choose at lvl 30 LS to become a combat spec, or to continue advancing as a lost soul and growing stronger. LS could go to 60, 65, or even 90 always growing more powerful and versatile but never becoming quite as good at any one thing as a spec, nor having as much HP or mana.
Not a bad idea actually, I've never intended it but I dont see a down-side, tbh.