• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Allow Engineers to place TNT or craft dispensers

Should engineers be able to place TNT?

• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
So as I became an engineer for war, I wanted to test a few cannon designs pre-war by firing them into an ocean, but when I went to load my finest TNT into the cannon, I was instantly cockblocked by the miner exclusive issue.

Reasons why it should no longer be miner exclusive and why dispensers should be allowed:
-Since weekend warfare has now become a thing, the demand for raid tech is going to be even higher than it was before. Because of this, engineers will actually have a massive hand in these conflicts, but only with the help of a miner. If a miner isn't present, the engineer is essentially completely unable to do their job, but the miner can easily do what the engineer does with flint and steel or basic red stone. This essentially makes advanced red stone engineered cannons nearly useless during war, since miners can pretty much do the exact same thing and can actually use the ammo (although not as effective.)
-Explosives are generally a large part of engineering to begin with. It makes clear sense that an engineer should be allowed to use heavy artillery weapons. But should a miner? No. Miners are usually the ones we see in caves collecting resources and all around helping out there, but on the battle field and in completely inpractical machines, that's where the Engineer belongs. TNT falls into the category of uses for advanced TNT based weapons.
-Dispensers provide all sorts of unique and interesting takes on classic TNT cannons and many other devices that adds to the creative output of engineers everywhere. If you're not going to allow engineers to place TNT, at least allow them dispensers as a sort of technological work-around.
-Off-topic bonus point: Hoppers. So, yeah, I get it. Too many hoppers too much lag. But I have an interesting suggestion. Given that you have better tech for the server, hoppers may be able to make a return, maybe for testing purposes. Firstly, here's how it could be done, in order to make somewhat hard to procure large amounts of hoppers (and produce lag.). Sell them. Via the market, you can sell hoppers, 1 each for say, 100-200c. This makes is fiscally difficult to acquire large amounts of hoppers, but still allows people to access them for smaller projects.

Thanks for reading, please make some comments on what you think, but don't be an ass.

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Canadia! why else would I be so friendly?
So as I became an engineer for war, I wanted to test a few cannon designs pre-war by firing them into an ocean, but when I went to load my finest TNT into the cannon, I was instantly cockblocked by the miner exclusive issue.

Reasons why it should no longer be miner exclusive and why dispensers should be allowed:
-Since weekend warfare has now become a thing, the demand for raid tech is going to be even higher than it was before. Because of this, engineers will actually have a massive hand in these conflicts, but only with the help of a miner. If a miner isn't present, the engineer is essentially completely unable to do their job, but the miner can easily do what the engineer does with flint and steel or basic red stone. This essentially makes advanced red stone engineered cannons nearly useless during war, since miners can pretty much do the exact same thing and can actually use the ammo (although not as effective.)
-Explosives are generally a large part of engineering to begin with. It makes clear sense that an engineer should be allowed to use heavy artillery weapons. But should a miner? No. Miners are usually the ones we see in caves collecting resources and all around helping out there, but on the battle field and in completely inpractical machines, that's where the Engineer belongs. TNT falls into the category of uses for advanced TNT based weapons.
-Dispensers provide all sorts of unique and interesting takes on classic TNT cannons and many other devices that adds to the creative output of engineers everywhere. If you're not going to allow engineers to place TNT, at least allow them dispensers as a sort of technological work-around.
-Off-topic bonus point: Hoppers. So, yeah, I get it. Too many hoppers too much lag. But I have an interesting suggestion. Given that you have better tech for the server, hoppers may be able to make a return, maybe for testing purposes. Firstly, here's how it could be done, in order to make somewhat hard to procure large amounts of hoppers (and produce lag.). Sell them. Via the market, you can sell hoppers, 1 each for say, 100-200c. This makes is fiscally difficult to acquire large amounts of hoppers, but still allows people to access them for smaller projects.

Thanks for reading, please make some comments on what you think, but don't be an ass.

You know you get /skill cannon at max engi right? Costs 5 sulphur and you shoot an active tnt the way you're looking. :p

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
You know you get /skill cannon at max engi right? Costs 5 sulphur and you shoot an active tnt the way you're looking. :p
You can't time that, plus there's an elegance is building world ending nukes. Also, you can't launch that 100 block etc.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
True, but you shouldnt really have to launch something 100 blocks? How is that gonna accomplish anything if you're so far away?
Gah, Rihawk, quit bringing logic to pure destruction!

But in all reality, I'm just makin the argument that 1 TNT won't cut it at walls like Regius. The trench will get you before it explodes, and it's be a while before you broke through. I just want to be able to showcase my super awesome raid cannons on the server and nuke some shit.

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Canadia! why else would I be so friendly?
Gah, Rihawk, quit bringing logic to pure destruction!

But in all reality, I'm just makin the argument that 1 TNT won't cut it at walls like Regius. The trench will get you before it explodes, and it's be a while before you broke through. I just want to be able to showcase my super awesome raid cannons on the server and nuke some shit.

Ahhh that makes sense, and theres the regen to worry about as well