• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Alchemists useless?

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
Right now, alchemists uses are making chainmail, ice, grass, snowy dirt, and clay. With the updates, ice, snowy dirt, and clay will be able to be made by anybody. Snow golems can be made to run around on top of any surface and create snow. Clay will be much more abundant. And with the new potion called "silk touch" people can mine ice. This leaves alchemists with only grass, and chain mail. While alchemists do have other skills, they can all be done better by other classes. While these changes to minecraft are not set in stone, it would be good to have a back-up plan just in case alchemists become useless. I would suggest a new skill for the alchemist. They could take any item, and transform it into any other item, albeit in small amounts. Say you had a stack of iron that you didn't know what to do with. If you couldn't find anyone to sell it to, why not transmogrify it into, say, 5 diamonds. This would keep alchemists from becoming useless.

tl;dr- in future updates, anybody can make some alch exclusive items. let's give alchs new skills.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Alchemists are the only Crafters with Consume - Herbalism - Overgrowth - Gills - Forage. And Smith is the only other Crafter that gets Transmute Ore - though Alchemists get it 10 levels earlier. Not sure what you're complaining about. On top of that, Alchys are going to be the potion crafters when we release 1.9 features.

Please understand what you're trying to suggest in the future as you don't seem to understand what we JUST talked about in the meeting or if you missed the monthly meeting, it would be a good idea to go look up what was discussed in it before making assumption about future feature updates. (I'm not trying to be hostile, just trying to give good advise so you don't get mocked by everyone else)

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
I missed the meeting. I haven't been playing recently. And i don't know how to look at future updates. :oops:

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
I missed the meeting. I haven't been playing recently. And i don't know how to look at future updates. :oops: Also, when did they recieve all these skills like herbalism, overgrowth, and forage? I don't see them on the wiki.