• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Add in a Kit for Food

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Simply as the title states, I believe it would really benefit new players if there was some sort of kit added in to grant them food. A post recently made by a newer player highlighted the experience of a new player pretty well, and one of the complaints was the scarcity of food and how hard it can be for new players to find some. I don't think the 2 steak given in kit starter cut it for a lot of these new players, and it's definitely something I've seen complained about a lot in tour chat. I think that a kit which grants 10 bread, 10 carrots and maybe 2 or 3 steak would really help out new players with surviving and not being scared to do anything, as well as also demonstrating how much the different types of food heal, giving them a bit more knowledge of the server even if it's something small.

The kit the kit should include like 32 seeds or something like that. If nothing else it gives new players some purpose. Kinda like:

"HI IMA NEW PLAYR," says the new player.
"Good for you..." responds the human.
"OH I HAVE SEEDS I SHOULD PLANT THEM!"
"Yes, yes you should. Don't forget to kill stuff while you're doing that!"
"K"

It's a flawless system, I'm telling you.

EDIT: And also, y'know, gives them food.

Last edited:

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
The kit the kit should include like 32 seeds or something like that. If nothing else it gives new players some purpose. Kinda like:

"HI IMA NEW PLAYR," says the new player.
"Good for you..." responds the human.
"OH I HAVE SEEDS I SHOULD PLANT THEM!"
"Yes, yes you should. Don't forget to kill stuff while you're doing that!"
"K"

It's a flawless system, I'm telling you.

EDIT: And also, y'know, gives them food.
you have to be a farmer to make bread, so handing them wheat seems pretty deameaning

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
They have removed that feature that only farmers can craft bread. I would like that to be added back though gives farmers more value.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Bread for evveeryone! Not good would be great, but instead of giving you food, if should give you 16 eggs, a fishing rod, and 32 seeds. The eggs Could possibly spawn chickens, which may eggs so you can get more chickens. Fishing rods allow you to fish. Seeds can be grown into wheat. Food for alll!

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
They made bread craftable by everyone because new players would run out of food, obtain wheat, then be unable to make bread. Then they'd quit.

This is why you have to clearly explain it to the noobs let's be real here probably 70% of the server didn't even read tutorial. If I go to a server I don't feel like wasting my time on a tutorial. If you explain to them why they can't make bread or how they can make bread then they wouldn't quit, well most likely in my opinion

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
Well, I read the rules. The whole "Rules Council" thing, y'know?

Well... If everyone can craft bread then we don't need to deal with the 70% of people asking why they can't craft bread, right?

Oops I said rules I meant tutorial

EmilyRoseV

Legacy Supporter 6
Well, I read the rules. The whole "Rules Council" thing, y'know?

Well... If everyone can craft bread then we don't need to deal with the 70% of people asking why they can't craft bread, right?

You got a point there :(

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
This is why you have to clearly explain it to the noobs let's be real here probably 70% of the server didn't even read tutorial. If I go to a server I don't feel like wasting my time on a tutorial. If you explain to them why they can't make bread or how they can make bread then they wouldn't quit, well most likely in my opinion
I think that a new interactive tutorial is being made. @WitchOnaRampage Could you confirm this? If I recall correctly you had some part in the project. I may be mistaken though.

If they add his, maybe also include a wooden hoe. It would be more like a farmer starter kit, but still have minor food included (3-5 cooked steak, starter bread and seeds, and maybe potatoes or carrots).