• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Herocraft Theme Song

Should I compose a theme song for Herocraft?

• Total voters

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
I've noticed a lot of very old threads about a Herocraft theme song; however, all of them were about posting preexisting songs that may sound fitting. It is of my opinion that Herocraft, being amazing, deserves something written specifically for it.

While by no means am I a master composer, I have had a few classes and have written a (somewhat cool) four-movement symphony for concert band--so my proposal is this: Should I compose a theme song for Herocraft?

I have thought up a tune that I think would be applicable, probably written for symphony orchestra. It would likely have multiple movements (keep in mind that some of the most hardcore music is written for symphony orchestra, i.e., Time or the Pirate's of the Caribbean theme, both by Hans Zimmer).

As a result of the massive community support, I am moving forward with this project. My finale file can be viewed via this link.

The audio file, as a .aiff, can be viewed here. Alternatively you can click here for the .wav.

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
Would be really interesting than add video/pictures of herocraft for a trailer to go with it.

The song could also play when you play Herocraft when using Spout once Kainzo starts messing around with it.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I think it's a great idea! I'm no good at composing music, but I'm really good at listening to it, especially the orchestral variety! If you need any music for inspiration, I've got quite a collection, even a few songs set aside for listening to while playing on HC. And I'll gladly provide input/feedback if you find yourself in need of any!

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
I've edited the post with the finale file for those interested in seeing my progress. You will need finale to listen to it--the free trial will work just fine. The trial is full for 30 days (unless they changed something), but loses the ability to save and print after that. Meaning that you can still listen to the midi of my work.

If you'd rather I post regular media file updates, I can do that to.

And in case you're to lazy to look at the first post, click here for the file.

mrfreaker

ICE ICE ICE!
an orchestra song would be cool, but i think there should be one with a lute (god lute's are awesome) and maybe a drum and tamberine

*put up a regular media file, or a you-tube link*

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd love to, but unfortunately finale doesn't include the lute in it's sound files... not that I could find anyway.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I've edited the post with the finale file for those interested in seeing my progress. You will need finale to listen to it--the free trial will work just fine. The trial is full for 30 days (unless they changed something), but loses the ability to save and print after that. Meaning that you can still listen to the midi of my work.

If you'd rather I post regular media file updates, I can do that to.

And in case you're to lazy to look at the first post, click here for the file.
Post something on Youtube?

(DHIronpass)

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
Posted!

Keep in mind, the recording includes the rests that are as of yet unwritten. So the sound file is 84% silence. It also won't update automatically with the finale file, so I'll only update it every so often when significant changes are made.

Again, if too lazy to look at the first post, I offer the link here.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Hmmmmm.... I dislike the organ, I was thinking something more grand, like BAM HEROCRAFT!

imho its too sinister

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
FYI, the actual theme itself hasn't even begun to surface.

The opening (9)? measures represent the closing of the Sanctum server, through 12 being the creation of a new one. The current part I'm working represents the anarchic chaos the existed in the beginning--which will, to use Strong's word choice, BAM HEROCRAFT.

Also I'm pretty sure to organ isn't a verb. And I don't have an organ in this arrangement, either, if Thad what you meant.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
FYI, the actual theme itself hasn't even begun to surface.

The opening (9)? measures represent the closing of the Sanctum server, through 12 being the creation of a new one. The current part I'm working represents the anarchic chaos the existed in the beginning--which will, to use Strong's word choice, BAM HEROCRAFT.

Also I'm pretty sure to organ isn't a verb. And I don't have an organ in this arrangement, either, if Thad what you meant.
Lawl, I fixd the post, I don't like the organ sounding instrument at the begining, too dark

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5
Nope. I cant support that extention.

Please post a .wav or .mp3 or something! Im a huge music fan!