• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.8 crafting recipes

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
This is how I'm seeing the 1.8 crafting recipes being allocated to Crafter and/or the various professions.

@Kainzo, would any of the following not be used at HC for any reason?

Otherwise, comments?

PRETTY SURE ABOUT THESE ONES

Crafter:
  • Fence, Fence Gate, Door - all wood types
  • Coarse Dirt
  • Mossy Stone Bricks, Moss Stone, Mossy Cobblestone Wall
  • Red Sandstone, Chiseled Red Sandstone, Smooth Red Sandstone, Red Sandstone Stairs, Red Sandstone Slab, (Double Red Sandstone Slab, Full Red Sandstone Slab)
Engineer:
  • Inverted Daylight Sensor
Farmer:
  • Rabbit Stew
Miner:
  • Granite, Polished Granite, Diorite, Polished Diorite, Andesite, Polished Andesite
  • Prismarine, Prismarine Bricks, Dark Prismarine
Smith:
  • Armor Stand
NOT SO SURE ABOUT THESE ONES:
  • Slime Block - Crafter?
  • Iron Trapdoor - Crafter?
  • Standing Banner, Wall Banner - Crafter?
  • Sea Lantern - Miner?
@Yavool @Jonsoon @Balance Team

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'd venture to place Slime block to Alchemist...

I'd like Banners to be used for Samurai's - but not sure how they effectively work.

Rest looks fine :)

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
Sea Lantern and Iron Trap Door I would venture to say belong in the realm of engineers.

While I would agree that Sea Lanterns are in the realm of Miners based on how they are harvested naturally from crystals under the ocean,I would also suggest from a lore standpoint that learning how to recombine said crystals/shards into a light source once again might fall to a tinkerer like mindset of an engineer in addition to the miner.

For Iron Trap Doors, these should belong to Smiths and Engineers I believe and not your run of your mill crafter. They are a redstone responsive object and thus will be used in contraptions by engineers and made by use of metal working in a lore sense and thus also falling in the category of smith work. A regular craft may be able to make wooden trapdoors, but for the upgraded version of an iron model shoul take more specialized skill set.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I'd venture to place Slime block to Alchemist...

I'd like Banners to be used for Samurai's - but not sure how they effectively work.

Rest looks fine :)

sooo we won't be able to make the banners for our homes and towns n stuff? @_@

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
This is what I'm thinking:
  • Slime Block - to Alchemist for funsies and to Engineer because they can be used with pistons etc
  • Iron Trapdoor - to Crafter, as Crafter already has iron doors as well as wooden doors and trapdoors - although I take your point, @agedbear, and if ever the recipes are reviewed as a part of a professions balance then moving iron doors/trapdoors to Engineer could be considered
  • Banner - to Crafter at this stage - again, if crafting wool items such as pictures, colored wool etc were moved to a specialty profession at a later stage, banners could go with them
  • Sea Lantern - to Miner and Engineer @agedbear
Regarding Banners, I suggest they be craftable by everyone so that people can use them for decoration @ShadowRavynn .

However @Kainzo could Banners be given to Samurai as a weapon, perhaps? Also they look cool as hats - would it be possible for Samurai to have a specific permission to wear banners as hats?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
However @Kainzo could Banners be given to Samurai as a weapon, perhaps? Also they look cool as hats - would it be possible for Samurai to have a specific permission to wear banners as hats?
Samurai was going to get a skill where it places down a banner, and those within a radius of the banner would get some sort of strength/constitution buff.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Samurai was going to get a skill where it places down a banner, and those within a radius of the banner would get some sort of strength/constitution buff.
The power of that effect isn't in the fact that its a banner - it could probably recycle Totem code at any rate.
The only "issue" is how you tell a crafted Banner from a Samurai's one, which is already possible in that non-crafted banners can have more than 6(?) components. A large count of them makes it visually distinguishable, since a crafted one can't have as many.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The power of that effect isn't in the fact that its a banner - it could probably recycle Totem code at any rate.
The only "issue" is how you tell a crafted Banner from a Samurai's one, which is already possible in that non-crafted banners can have more than 6(?) components. A large count of them makes it visually distinguishable, since a crafted one can't have as many.
I wasn't aware of this discussion, and I'm still a little lost by it.

How does it affect the allocation of the crafting recipe for banners? Can we still make them available to be made by general players to use in decorating their builds?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I wasn't aware of this discussion, and I'm still a little lost by it.

How does it affect the allocation of the crafting recipe for banners? Can we still make them available to be made by general players to use in decorating their builds?
The allocation itself isn't changed at all, the only reason it may not be included as far as I can see is the possible inability to tell between Samurai Banners and normal Banners. That shouldn't be an issue.
It's not my call, but it should still be available to players if done correctly.