• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

WoW MoP or GW2

Which game?

• Total voters

Cake9000

Stone
I'm stuck between both games. At this point, I just want to choose one, mainly because there's enough games that I play.
Please, don't choose a game because you play it and love it. I want to play the game that has a great community. I play WoW, so I guess I'm just asking what the GW community is like. I've seen gameplay of both games, so I have an idea of how both games work(Well, atleast I think I do.)

I'm not as old as a lot of people who play these games(Not around the 16-20 that I usually see), but rather younger. I know WoW isn't the most accepting of people my age(Early teens), but is GW?

Thanks to all who can help me with this! I really want to make a good choice when it comes to one of these games. :)

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Guild Wars 2 is simply better in every way imaginable. The community is certainly better than WoW's, and as long as you act mature, I don't think many people will care about your age.

Also, there's the whole lack of a subscription fee thing. That certainly helps.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I will be playing both personally. Although the WoW community is certainly immature, I am pretty set in the guild and only deal with those people, or people I have known for years.

I am looking forward to GW2 and getting more involved with that community as well.

Out of the two, GW is more mature.

Cake9000

Stone
I looked more into GW2 last night, and now I'm going to get GW2. I saw a lot more of the game, and it all looks pretty awesome.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
GW as a game never caught my eye.

Nothing had an endgame and everything was for cosmetic reasons. Bleh.

I'm a 8/8H Hardcore raider on WoW, have been for 6+ years. MoP is my choice in this line-up.

GW as a game never caught my eye.

Nothing had an endgame and everything was for cosmetic reasons. Bleh.

I'm a 8/8H Hardcore raider on WoW, have been for 6+ years. MoP is my choice in this line-up.

People who have played WoW longterm will usually say this or the "I'm a hardcore pvper" line, trying to justify their $$ sinks into a game which has been reduced to a kiddie difficulty game. After TBC it all went down hill...

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
In pvp areas WoW will forever be my top game. Because there are so many possibilities and everyone has an important skillful role to play.

GW2 the gameplay itself honestly looks amazing to me and so does WorldvWorldvWorld pvp however I'm going to miss the role system where there was always the need for a healer etc..

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
MoP seems like a last effort to pull in the more young people who might just have gotten into that age where they start playing games like WoW etc. Imho, WoW is destroyed.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
MoP seems like a last effort to pull in the more young people who might just have gotten into that age where they start playing games like WoW etc. Imho, WoW is destroyed.
I love WoW and play it daily, but Pandas? I mean come on.. They are all on acid. Still though hard to kill the #1 rated, most played online game.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Everyone says its dead but tbh it still brings a lot of players back to try it out like it or not it's gonna be a popular game for a while and in my eyes gw2 is the only contender with a chance of replacing wow altogethr

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I love WoW and play it daily, but Pandas? I mean come on.. They are all on acid. Still though hard to kill the #1 rated, most played online game.

Pandaren have been in the game since Warcraft 3.

LoL has 35 million players now, WoW has lost half of it's playerbase, and it's still decreasing. Dead.

WoW Peaked at 12Million subs. For a PAY TO PLAY game, that is incredible. Currently it is down to 9.1Million because the new expansion doesn't launch till September 25th.

Your comparing it to a FREE TO PLAY game. Of course League has more players, no one HAS to pay a sub.
People who have played WoW longterm will usually say this or the "I'm a hardcore pvper" line, trying to justify their $$ sinks into a game which has been reduced to a kiddie difficulty game. After TBC it all went down hill...

Right, I'm all talk and no walk.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Aléxstrasza/simple

Thats my armory page. 8/8h, more recently killed Heroic Ragnaros as I never got the chance back in 4.2

Getting ready to swap to a Shadow Priest main in MoP.

@Brutalacerate - Lock this please? Its starting to get out of hand.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Why isn't there a Neither option?