• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Witch-rewrite.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
--ALERT--
This was not my original idea, but the concepts brought up in this post did come from me. The wich class concept is from an older post which died off, so I'm rewriting my personal ideas here.

Witch-
Type: Caster.
Specialty: Debuffs and minor magical damage.

The witch in this concept post focuses around debuffing an kiting the opponent dealing small bits of magical damage here and there. This class is up for changes if it does become implemented.

Skill 1: Tumble: Cause, duh.

Skill lvl 1: Potion Throw (cause why the fuck not?!) Player throws potion, deals 80 base damage, applies a random, VERY short debuff, 12s cool down.

Skill lvl: 1 Sneak, or another person'a concept, transform. Transform would make the player look like an animal (possibly a bat, or a pig) and apply a slowness debuff. This was not my original idea.

Skill lvl 5: Slow hex. Place on play, costs 29 mana per tick to keep up, deals a slowness II debuff on the opponent every 2 seconds for 1 second. Warmup 1s

Skill lvl 10: RemoveHexes: Removes the hex on the target player, and deals a small amount of damage depending on the hex and how long it was on. Max damage is 120. Cd would be something like 15s

Skill lvl 15: WAS DARKRITUAL: Now is Devour Magic. Same as runeblade skill.

Skill lvl 20: Blind hex: Blinds the targeted player for 3 seconds on application, then continues to blind them for 1 second every 4 seconds after. Ideal for use with remove hex for a blind combo. Warm up, 1 sec

Skill lvl 30: Cackle: Makes hexes effects stronger for 5 seconds, making the slow hex apply slowness 1 for the 5 seconds, and making the blind hex apply 2 second blinds every 3 seconds. And makes hex Bomb explode instantly. Coolsown of 30s

Skill lvl 35: Swarm: The witch summons dozens of bats that block physical damage and slow the target. Can be used on the witch, and the opponent.
( thanks @Nashah)

Skill lvl 40: WAS DRAINSOUL: Now is Trick, switches your opponents equipped item with another on his hotbar

Skill lvl 45: Curse

Skill lvl 50: Hex bomb: Places a hex that lasts 5 seconds, after 5 seconds, the hex Bomb explodes dealing some AoE damage. Other hexes can be placed with this one, and this one has an upfront mana cost.

Skill lvl 60: Shriek: The witch shrieks horrifically at their target, rooting the witch in place, and dealing 13 damage per tick and slowing their target, this skill keeps dealing damage until they're hit, and it has a 1 minute cool down. If they don't get hit, the skill will end after 20 seconds (scaled with intellect or wisdom)

The nitty gritty: The concept behind this witch is that they can only place one hex on a target at a time (with the exception of hex Bomb) these hexes are meant to help them kite their target until they can deal a little magical damage to kill the target. This class would do extremely well against warriors, but very poorly against rogues or support classes. It would fight well with casters. Was set as rogue, I changed it over to caster due to Kainzo already having a rogue class in the works, and a new caster would be the ideal follow up.

T2: Occultist (not my idea)

Battransform: (bad name, I know) The witch turns invisible, and bat explode off their body. After a few seconds the witch will be teleported to one of the bats randomly and the rest of the bats will explode dealing minor AoE damage (very minor).

Attribute allocations:
Top-Wisdom, Explaination: Witch relies more on their mana regen than their direct mana pool because most of their skills drain mana itself over time. Having a hex on someone and casting combat skills will eventually lead to a witch out if mana, so I chose to add wisdom as the top skill.
Intellect-Because the class still requires mana to actually function.
Agility-Chosen over constition to allow the class to be a bit more squishy
Strength-it's a caster, so low strength.
Constitution-Chose agility over constitution in order to make the class squishier
Charisma-cause almost every class has very low charisma

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to like the post if you want this in-game

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
--ALERT--
This was not my original idea, but the concepts brought up in this post did come from me. The wich class concept is from an older post which died off, so I'm rewriting my personal ideas here.

Witch-
Type: Rogue.
Specialty: Debuffs and minor magical damage.

The witch in this concept post focuses around debuffing an kiting the opponent dealing small bits of magical damage here and there. This class is up for changes if it does become implemented.

Skill 1: Tumble: Cause, duh.

Skill lvl 1: Potion Throw (cause why the fuck not?!) Player throws potion, deals 80 base damage, applies a random, VERY short debuff, 12s cool down.

Skill lvl: 1 Sneak, or another person'a concept, transform. Transform would make the player look like an animal (possibly a bat, or a pig) and apply a slowness debuff. This was not my original idea.

Skill lvl 5: Slow hex. Place on play, costs 29 mana per tick to keep up, deals a slowness II debuff on the opponent every 2 seconds for 1 second. Warmup 1s

Skill lvl 10: RemoveHexes: Removes the hex on the target player, and deals a small amount of damage depending on the hex and how long it was on. Max damage is 120. Cd would be something like 15s

Skill lvl 15: Dark Ritual: Same as the necro skill.

Skill lvl 20: Blind hex: Blinds the targeted player for 3 seconds on application, then continues to blind them for 1 second every 4 seconds after. Ideal for use with remove hex for a blind combo. Warm up, 1 sec

Skill lvl 30: Cackle: Makea hexes effects stronger for 5 seconds, making the slow tune apply slowness 1 for the 5 seconds, and making the blind runs apply 2 second blinds every 3 seconds. Coolsown of 30s

Skill lvl 35: Web: Same as the necro skill

Skill lvl 40: Drainsoul

Skill lvl 45: Curse

Skill lvl 50: Hex bomb: Places a hex that lasts 10 seconds, after 5 seconds, the hex Bomb explodes dealing some AoE damage. Other hexes can be placed with this one, and this one has an upfront mana cost.

Skill lvl 60: Shriek: The witch shrieks horrifically at their target, rooting them in place, and dealing 13 damage per tick while slowing their target, this skill keeps dealing damage until they're hit, and it has a 1 minute cool down.

The nitty gritty: The concept behind this witch is that they can only place one hex on a target at a time (with the exception of hex Bomb) these hexes are meant to help them kite their target until they can deal a little magical damage to kill the target. This class would do extremely well against warriors, but very poorly against rogues or support classes. It would fight well with casters. The reason I placed this class in the rogues section is because although it plays like a caster, I sorta based it's design off of Runeblade, and I like the idea of a witch rogue.

T2: Occultist (not my idea)

Hexblast: 2 second warmup, places random debuffs on anything within 8 blocks, applies a random rune for free, and then removes those tunes after 3 seconds.
rawr :p
plz no Drainsoul or Dark ritual :(

I don't know, just all the debuffs really make me think of Shaman with the addition of some of Necro's best skills :p

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
rawr :p
plz no Drainsoul or Dark ritual :(

I don't know, just all the debuffs really make me think of Shaman with the addition of some of Necro's best skills :p
The mechanic reflects shaman, not the debuffs themselves.
How about devour magic instead of dark ritual, and a skill called trick instead of drain soul which is basically disarm.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
I like it. Though a heads up, Kainzo has said that the fifth rogue class has been in the works for months, so mage would be the next archetype that needs a class. With those suggested skills witch would be perfectly suited to be a mage.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
The mechanic reflects shaman, not the debuffs themselves.
How about devour magic instead of dark ritual, and a skill called trick instead of drain soul which is basically disarm.
New stuff not just bits of other classes :p

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I like it. Though a heads up, Kainzo has said that the fifth rogue class has been in the works for months, so mage would be the next archetype that needs a class. With those suggested skills witch would be perfectly suited to be a mage.
Sounds legit, I'm up for it. I really like this class idea.
New stuff not just bits of other classes :p
The whole concept of the class is completely new to what we have on the server currently. The reason I chose to add those sorts of things is to add ideas for place holder skills so they could add new ones later on. It makes more sense in the long run so they can finish the class faster and release it earlier

Edit to original post--changing it over to a caster.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Sounds legit, I'm up for it. I really like this class idea.

The whole concept of the class is completely new to what we have on the server currently. The reason I chose to add those sorts of things is to add ideas for place holder skills so they could add new ones later on. It makes more sense in the long run so they can finish the class faster and release it earlier

Edit to original post--changing it over to a caster.
No, when you release something that isn't "finished" people get fed up with it and mad, that's exactly the problem there was with Samurai when it spent a time with berserker skills, and that's the exact problem there is with the town plugin now. Faster and pumping something out early isn't always better, especially when this is a business you want quality work each time to release something. I've been around HC long enough that while yes, I do always want new content I want it to actually be new and finished to the point that it works and there aren't bugs that you can easily abuse with it.

Lujiu

TNT
I thought he said the 5th caster class was up next?
SoulWeilder I believe is what it was called

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
I thought he said the 5th caster class was up next?
SoulWeilder I believe is what it was called
From what I recall he said it was going to be under the rogue archetype.

Just throwing an idea out here. Bat swarm, you summon a swarm of bats at a targeted location, slowing all within the area while reducing the damage of anyone in it ever so slightly. This would also effect the witch and her party members if they were inside the area. This would give the witch a slightly safer zone to apply hexes from if she were fighting melee classes and she can use it to zone ranged classes from an area. This could be used instead of web, the slow wouldn't be so drastic but it would have different uses :D

Last edited:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
From what I recall he said it was going to be under the rogue archetype.

Just throwing an idea out here. Bat swarm, you summon a swarm of bats at a targeted location, slowing all within the area while reducing the damage of anyone in it ever so slightly. This would also effect the witch and her party members if they were inside the area. This would give the witch a slightly safer zone to apply hexes from if she were fighting melee classes and she can use it to zone ranged classes from an area. This could be used instead of web, the slow wouldn't be so drastic but it would have different uses :D
Sounds interesting, adding it to the original post
I edited it to act more like a weak harmshield that slows the target

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Sounds interesting, adding it to the original post
I edited it to act more like a weak harmshield that slows the target
Made some changes to the original post, changed the t2 ability, fixed some typos, special thanks to @Nashah for giving me some very good ideas.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Bump for more feedback, ignore the nubby neigh stayers and Trazil, I keep Trazil seperate because he is not nubby (most of the time.).