1. Register so you can experience the greatest RPG server ever! Register! Enjoy the server@ hub.hc.to !
  2. Want to play on Herocraft?
    You can log into our server by using the ip "hub.hc.to" in Minecraft!

3. Congratulations to Raubtier for taking 1st in the Battledome 3v3! Look for our next tournament in the coming weeks!
  4. Haven noble plots are here! Buy yours today! hc.to/nobleplots
  5. Spleef arena available for public use on the Event World! Fully re-settable, gear provided! Challenge your friends!
  6. Easter on Herocraft is a magical time! hc.to/easter to see what we're up to!

ALERT Whitelist Application Guide/Rules (READ BEFORE APPLYING)

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Kainzo, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

ALERT Whitelist Application Guide/Rules (READ BEFORE APPLYING)

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Kainzo, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Kainzo

Kainzo The Disposable Hero Staff Member Founder

Server IP:
    =hub.hc.com=

Welcome to Herocraft! If you're looking to join, you'll need to do a few small things to apply. Please bear in mind that this is your first impression to us and your post should reflect that.

1) First off, be sure to read our server rules. Not knowing them will not be accepted as an excuse for not following them.

2) Vote for Herocraft (free XP & Coins!)- It's not required, but is appreciated; you can do that here!

3) Special key = {HCxy}, where x is the first alphanumeric character in your IGN (in game-name) and y is the number of characters in your IGN. Example: Notch's key would be {HCN5}

4) Read up on the server. Herocraft is a unique server and we code some of our own plugins. This means new players have a lot to pick up on. The best way to do this is to read up on our Wiki which is the most up to date source of information on Herocraft. Be sure to read up on our brand new game-changing plugin - Heroes.

5) Fill out the following application and post it in our Applications forum ((Please remember to include the questions on your application))!
    Please be patient! The applications will be reviewed within 1 to 24 hours or longer if we are swamped!

DO NOT contact Staff regarding the Whitelist, you may be ignored/rejected!
    DO NOT bump your application, it will be handled; be patient.
    DO NOT discuss your application in game.

Server IP:
    = mc.herocraftonline.com =

[​IMG]

If you're having a hard time being accepted, please, read the guide below.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    • Like x 76
    • Agree x 18
    • Informative x 11
    • Useful x 11
    • Touché x 9
    • Creepy x 7
    • Winner x 5
    • Creative x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Lovebox x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Yummy! x 1
  2. Brutalacerate

Brutalacerate Herocraft Member

Table of Contents

1. Intro
    2. The application, Why we require people to fill out an application.
    3. Most common mistakes made on applications
    4. Examples
    5. Closing

1. Introduction

Why does this guide exist? You want to be accepted to Herocraft and we love having new players. However, every application has to be reviewed thoroughly by our staff, so we can keep hackers/cheaters out while still keeping our community strong, keeping the game fair and fun for everyone. As a Whitelister, I have seen many rushed, sloppy applications that have had to be edited many times over because of being rushed in hopes that it would get them into the server faster, not knowing what was required, not able to understand due to language barrier, or just sheer laziness. In this guide we will be looking at how our application process works, the application itself, and how you can get whitelisted the first time.

2. The application

In-game name: We need to know this so we can add you to the whitelist to allow you to play on our server.

Location & Age: We need to know this for legal reasons.

Previous Bans (Includes other servers): We have a ZERO tolerance for hackers/cheaters. This server is completely legit. Depending on the severity of a previous ban on another server, it may keep you from being whitelisted. I'll also add that we DO, in fact, carry out background checks, so don't lie; being honest is always the better route.

Referral(s): If you have one that is great. If you know someone already on our server, even better. Saying none if you don't know anyone is not a bad thing either.

Reason you should be accepted: We need to know what you will bring to the server and our community. Are you a good PvPer, are you a merchant, do you like to build, are you a good coder? Mentioning things that you are good at in Minecraft help. Have you read our rules and are willing to follow them?

How did you hear about Herocraft?: Let us know where you heard about us. Webiste or from a friend is fine.

Have you voted for Herocraft (No? Click here)?: This is really a no brainer. If you like what you've seen so far vote for us. However, we won't decline your application just because you said you didn't.

Additional Info: Tell us a little about yourself. What other computer/video games do you play? What do you like to do when you're not playing Minecraft? Are you a relaxed person? Do you get upset easily? Are you helpful? Make it interesting.

Why do we require people to fill out an application? Being whitelisted is being given an invitation to come join our community. We are looking for people who will adhere to our rules. We are trying to get a good idea what you are like from your application. Please help us find you a home at Herocraft.

3. Most common mistakes made on applications

The whitelisting team will process more than 100 applications or as little as 10 on any given day between Herocraftonline.com and Minecraftforum.net. That can be a lot of work for our Whitelist Team and not every member of the Whitelist Team is on everyday or online for a long period of time. If we do not have to reject your application or tell you to fix it, the faster you get in to play, the faster we can get back to getting more people in to play with you. Sounds good, right? The Whitelist team has a set criteria of information that we must check every application for, everytime. If there is anything wrong, we cannot whitelist you until it is fixed. Below is a copy of the message the Whitelist team is required to give you if your application is not accepted and needs to be reposted. We will explain each point in detail. Here are just a few ways you can utilize to increase your chances of getting accepted:

- Be 100% honest on your application - You cannot lie on your application about anything. There is no getting around this. If you have a ban and you do not inform us of it, and we find one anyway, we deny your application. You cannot lie about your age. If you are found to be lying about your age, your application is denied. If you have already been whitelisted and we find you are lying about your age, you will be unwhitelisted. We're not lying to you. Don't lie to us.

- Use the proper application format - Copy and paste the application, filling in from there. This is not rocket science. We will tell you to redo your application. Follow the directions that are given to you.

- Include all of the information requested - Do not leave anything blank. If you leave anything blank, you will be told to redo your application. Don't waste our time if you want to play on our server. Yet again, follow directions.

- Post some screenshots of your past creations - Sometimes while you are applying, putting some screenshots is not a bad idea, especially if you told us you like to build in your application.

- Lengthen your application - This applies to the Reason you should be accepted:and Additional Info: part of the application. Because your server is cool, it looks nice, I like it are not good enough answers. We need to get to know you from your application before we can whitelist you. Three word sentences and one sentence answers are not acceptable.

- Check your grammar/spelling - While we understand that we have many people here that are from various walks of life and speak many different languages, English is the only language allowed in any public channel in game. We do not allow internet ebonics or m_e_m_e's in game; we don't want them in applications either. Use your best grammar and spelling. Please try for correct punctuation. Nothing pisses off the Whitelist Team more than having to read four sentences smashed into one and then we are left guessing as to what you meant to tell us. Here is a link to help you fix the run-on sentence problem.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-on_sentence

- DO NOT just re-post your previous application - If you are asked to change you application, change it. Don't waste our time and we won't waste yours.

- Make a great first impression - First impressions last forever. We've had people tell us stories in their applications before. Make us remember you for something good.

- If you follow these tips, chances are, you will get onto the Whitelist. - This is correct. If you follow the tips above in their explained format, chances are better that you will be accepted.

- After you have improved your application, reply to it saying it's been updated. -DO NOT START A NEW THREAD TO UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION. DO NOT DELETE YOUR THREAD EITHER. Edit the post in your current thread with the edit button below the text of your post. If that does not work, post again in your thread via the text box at the bottom of your screen or by clicking the reply button of the last post in your thread. Follow the directions you are given. No one needs 4 applications on the forums at the same time.

4. Examples

Here are three examples of applications: Bad, Good and Excellent

A bad application

In-game name: fredbob
    Location & Age: california
    Previous Bans (Includes other servers): no
    Referral(s):
    Reason you should be accepted: your server is nice i wanna play here cuz my firends play here
    How did you hear about Herocraft?: friends

Have you voted for Herocraft (No? Click here)?: no
    Do you agree to the Herocraft EULA & ToS?:
    Special key (DON'T LEAVE BLANK!):

Additional Info: not much
    Have you subscribed to our YouTube Channel? (Not Required):

*This application cannot be accepted.*

A good application

Location & Age: California, 16
    Previous Bans (Includes other servers): None
    Referral(s): Joebob
    Reason you should be accepted: I have read the wiki and rules. I plan on being helpful and polite when interacting with other people. I like to build many different structures. I am interested in joining a town.
    How did you hear about Herocraft?: My friend Joebob is on your server and I would like to be able to play with my friend.
    Have you voted for Herocraft (No? Click here)?: Yes
    Do you agree to the Herocraft EULA & ToS?: Yes
    Special key (DON'T LEAVE BLANK!): HCF7
    Have you subscribed to our YouTube Channel? (Not Required): Yes/No

Additional Info: Here are some screenshots of some of the things I have built.

*This application would be accepted*

An excellent application

Location & Age: California, 16
    Previous Bans (Includes other servers): None
    Referral(s): Joebob
    Reason you should be accepted: I have read the wiki and rules. I plan on being helpful and polite when interacting with other people. I like to build many different structures, of which include a scaled down replica of every major city from World of Warcraft. I am interested in joining a town. I would like to stay with one town forever to help nurture and grow with it. I have excelent coding skills.
    How did you hear about Herocraft?: My friend Joebob is on your server and I would like to be able to play with my friend. We have talked about starting our own city eventually after we get acquainted with the server.
    Have you voted for Herocraft (No? Click here)?: Yes
    Do you agree to the Herocraft EULA & ToS?: Yes
    Special key (DON'T LEAVE BLANK!): HCF7
    Have you subscribed to our YouTube Channel? (Not Required): Yes/No

Additional Info: Here are some screenshots of some of the things I have built. I am also in my first year of pre-med at (insert bogus college here). I have spent many years at home learning to code java, html, c and c prior to my fourteenth birthday. I will be accepting a nobel peace prize in 6 months for being able to prove that the sun does in fact rise in the east and set in the west by launching a satellite with a team from nasa as an extra curricular project when I was ten.

*This application would definitely be accepted*

5. Closing

I hope you have enjoyed reading this. You should now have a greater understanding as to what we are asking for when you fill out your application and how we have to handle every application that we see. Please help us do our jobs, by giving us great applications.

Guide by Ginzuishou
    • Like x 80
    • Useful x 23
    • Informative x 19
    • Agree x 18
    • Winner x 9
    • Creepy x 9
    • Touché x 8
    • Funny x 8
    • Friendly x 6
    • Optimistic x 4
    • Creative x 3