• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Upcoming Patch Balance

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
These are my thoughts on what needs to happen for the upcoming patch PvP balance wise
Not all ideas are mine and may be directly taken from other threads

Name Binding - Needs a fix. It provides a clear advantage to classes with strong targeted skills, and in particular, kiting classes (damage skills only, not healing skills)

Base Armor:
  • Overall ranged classes running around in full gold is too strong against melee classes (it negates plenty of melee damage and physical damage from skills
  • Limit the following class' armour to full leather and gold helm/boots
    • Wizard
    • Necromancer
    • Beguiler
    • Druid
    • Bloodmage
    • Shaman
Casters:
  • Wizard - I believe Wizard is in a fairly good spot. I don't feel like it needs a buff or a nerf
  • Necromancer
    • Increase the blind duration on Despair by 1s (1.5s -> 2s)
    • Increase the base damage of Despair by 10 (25 -> 35)
  • Beguiler - I feel like Beguiler is in a good spot, although it could use some changes
    • Reduce the damage on chaotic visions/pulse but also reduce the mana cost
  • Pyromancer - Overall Pyro is a strong duelist but it lacks in teamfights because it is such a hit or miss class
    • Increase ChaosOrb range by 3 blocks
    • Remove DragonsBreath's stamina cost (200 -> 0)
    • Increase the healing reduction effect on DarkBolt by 15% (25% -> 40%)
  • Shaman - It is in a very strong spot thanks to the low cooldown totems (mainly FireStrikeTotem)
    • Increase the length between shots on FireStrikeTotem
    • Increase the damage dealt by FireStrikeTotem
    • I do not have numbers for this because I do not know the fire rate of the skill. My goal with these changes is to reduce the 'op' knockback you experience from the constant firing of the totem

Healers:
  • Cleric
    • Reduce damage scaling on Wrath by 0.875 (1.875 -> 1)
  • Druid - Although kiting can be retarded on this class I don't see a good way to deal with this without the implementation of new skills/a rework
  • Bloodmage - I think Bloodmage is in a good spot (once name binding is fixed it will help balance out this class even more)
  • Disciple
    • Reduce Meditate cooldown by 15s (90s -> 75s)
    • Increase Meditate mana restoration by 20% (50% -> 20%)
    • Reduce cooldown on both forcepush and forcepull by 4s (14s -> 10s)

Rogues:
  • Ninja - I still want a Ninja rework but I'd rather have a few number changes than wait a year for a rework
    • Remove Garrote
    • Increase all base sword damage, and shear damage by 5
    • Increase the silence duration on kick by 0.5s to match Garrote's silence (2.5s -> 3s)
  • Runeblade - Overall I think Runeblade is in an okay spot. I could throw a few numbers around but I feel like it would not really affect the class for good or bad.
  • Bard
    • Remove 2 constitution (17 -> 15) and add it into charisma (28 -> 30)
    • Reduce mana cost of MelodicBinding by 25 (125 -> 100)
    • Reduce mana cost of VoidSong by 35 (135 -> 100)
  • Ranger
    • Reduce base damage on all axes by 7 (Diamond: 61 -> 54)
Warriors:
  • Paladin
    • Remove HolySteed (it gives a non-mobile class as much mobility as a Ninja or Dragoon)
    • Reduce scaling on Absolution by 2.5 (5 -> 2.5)
  • Dreadknight - What I noticed when fighting Dreadknights was that it felt like the person was using a hack of somesort thanks to the ticks of all the DoTs. It felt impossible to deal with (by increasing the tick rates it goes off less, but in the end still costs the same/deals the same damage).
    • Remove DreadSteed (it gives a non-mobile class as much mobility as a Ninja or Dragoon)
    • Increase the tick rate of DreadAura by 0.5s (1.5s -> 2s)
    • Increase the tick rate of Soulleech by 1s (2s -> 3s)
  • Dragoon - Dragoon is in a decent spot
  • Berserker
    • Fix Provoke (you take increased damage but you do not deal increased damage)
    • Increase armour to: Full chain, iron boots/helm
  • Samurai - This class is a mess and I don't feel like looking at all the possible solutions to deal with it
    • It has infinite, non-interruptible speed 3 (it is very easy to carry around a large amount of stone swords)
    • A 25% heal is too much (something around 10% would be more reasonable)
    • Ashura is a very strong forcepush (I think it also may be more powerful in the 'pushing' aspect), reduce its damage

[USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] you can provide your input if you feel like it
@Kainzo you can implement whatever you want if you end up looking at this thread

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Note on Shaman:
  • Healing totem is ticking every 2 seconds rather than 1
  • Firestrike totem isn't hitt consistently. Depending on where you are standing it will hit you 1-3 times. If it can be fixed so you are only hit once, the damage and scaling needs to be adjusted.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Druid:
- Reincarnate: Currently only has a 10s CD. WIth respawing at graveyards with full gear you can just get revived into battle with full HP. Its pretty much full heal on 10s CD

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Druid:
- Reincarnate: Currently only has a 10s CD. WIth respawing at graveyards with full gear you can just get revived into battle with full HP. Its pretty much full heal on 10s CD
I swear we put all the CDs of revives over a minute but it must've got changed back.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Sooooo @TrueCorruptor

Bard:
Instead of 4 bars of Stam for healing chorus I'd like to change it to 2 bars since it's not a major heal only a aoe slow heal nor takes off a debuff. It shouldn't cost that much stam.

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
Updating for the 24/01/15 my time - copy/pasting your post with my recommended edits.

Casters:

• Wizard - I believe Wizard is in a fairly good spot. I don't feel like it needs a buff or a nerf
  • Necromancer
    • Increase the blind duration on Despair by 1s (1.5s -> 2s)
    • New Skill Senance provides 15 intellect for 10 minutes + (1s per level) (THIS SKILL IS OPTIONAL - A WAY TO KEEP INTELLECT BUFF WITHIN THE SERVER BUT NOT ON ANOTHER BUFF)
      Description; You cause your target (within 10 blocks), to connect with the dead increasing their Intellect attribute by 15 for (10 minutes + 1 second per level). Takes 7 seconds to warm up.
    • I have chosen to add an intellect buff to necromancer (and remove it from bloodmage) because in the current meta there is little reason to choose a necromancer over a bloodmage, it does more damage and can heal its party unlike necromancer, the buffs bloodmage provide are also to strong, so hopefully this will alleviate necromancers unpopular trend atm.
  • Beguiler - I feel like Beguiler is in a good but has minor manna issues.
    • reduce the manna cost of clarity to 90 (190 -> 90) the skill that gives manna shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.
  • Pyromancer - Overall Pyro is a strong duelist but it lacks in teamfights because it is such a hit or miss class
    • Increase ChaosOrb's velocity /speed (hopefully somewhere around double)
    • Remove DragonsBreath's stamina cost (200 -> 0)
    • Increase the healing reduction effect on DarkBolt by 15% (25% -> 40%)

Healers:

• Cleric
    • Remove skill Wrath (Cleric is a healer, not a class that should be dealing excessive damage in Herocraft)
    • Reduce Divine Blessing scaling by 1.25 (3.25 -> 2)
    • Increase HolyWater scaling by 1.380 (1.875 -> 3.25)
    • The above two changes are designed to have clerics more focused on healing, and less on combat in fights. Nerfing the full party aoes and increasing the potency on targeted aoe heals is the right way to go imo.
  • Druid - I think Druid is in a good spot atm apart from the fact that cleric out damages it, with the removal of Wrath Druid will be a good pick. This will need to be reviewed upon implementation of warm-ups (this class gets hit hard)
  • Bloodmage
    • Remove 15 Intellect from Enlightenment causing it only to provide 15 Wisdom. (15int -> 0int)
  • Disciple
    • Reduce Meditate cooldown by 15s (90s -> 75s)
    • Reduce cooldown on both forcepush and forcepull by 2s (14s -> 12s)
    • Increase max armor weight to Chain/Gold Helmet, Leather Chest and Leggings, Iron Boots = 45 Equip Weight from full leather
  • Shaman - It is in a very strong spot thanks to the low cooldown totems (mainly FireStrikeTotem)
    • Increase the length between shots on FireStrikeTotem
    • Increase the damage dealt by FireStrikeTotem
    • I do not have numbers for this because I do not know the fire rate of the skill. My goal with these changes is to reduce the 'op' knockback you experience from the constant firing of the totem

Rogues:

• Ninja
    • Remove Garrote (useless skill sacrifices to much damage for a potential silence)
    • Increase all base sword damage, and shear damage by 5 (62/63 -> 67/68)
    • Increase the silence duration on kick by 0.5s to match Garrote's silence (2.5s -> 3s)
  • Runeblade
    • Buff Ice Runes damage from 30 + (0.875) to 40 + (0.875)
    • Lower Blink's cooldown from 10 seconds to 6 seconds, mana cost from 75 to 45 and stamina cost from 275 to 165
  • Bard
    • Remove 2 constitution (17 -> 15) and add it into charisma (28 -> 30)
    • Increase BattleSong duration to 16 (6 -> 16) seconds, nerf stamina gain by 15 (30 -> 15) This song atm is very weird to use, with its massively short duration and high costs it doesn't feel worth using, however simply increasing the duration will make classes reliant on stamina (dragoon, pyromancer, ect) will be able to spam skills with no consequence. This will also help bard, as it can use other skills while still having battlesong up.
    • Reduce stamina of Healing Chorus to 300 (375 -> 300)
    • Reduce stamina of Drop the Bass to 300 (375 -> 300)
  • Ranger
    • Reduce base damage on all axes by 7 (Diamond: 61 -> 54)
Warriors:

• Paladin
    • Reduced left click damage by 6 Diamond Sword (49 -> 43) Paladin has too much damage, it is a tank.
    • Reduce scaling on Absolution by 2.5 (5 -> 2.5)
    • Increase Taunt Cooldown by 10 (5s -> 15s)
  • Dreadknight
    • Increase the duration of Decay by 8 (8 -> 16) but reduce the scaling by 0.125 (0.25 -> 0.125) Also Increase the cool down of Decay by 1 (9 -> 10)
    • Decrease the duration of Soul Leech by 4 (20 -> 16) thus removing (14 + 0.0375) X3 Damage from the skill, and also reducing a diminishing amount of the total heal.
    • These two changes are a damage nerf, aswell as a quality of life change to Dreadknight, having both debuffs on the same duration allow for you to save manna and focus on left clicking/positioning in fights reducing the chunkiness of the class.
    • Increase the tick duration of Dreadaura to 3.5 seconds (2.5 -> 3.5) also increase the cooldown of Dreadaura to 7 seconds (5s -> 7s) the sustain from this skill is ridiculous, hopefully this small nerf will help make it manageable to fight against.
  • Dragoon - Dragoon is in a decent spot (especially with bard changes), however it has some stamina problems.
    • Reduce the stamina cost of Jump by 50 (350 -> 300) you should not be punished to serverley when jumping to enter a fight, and as a left click class it can get hard to pvp when you cannot sprint after spamming multiple skills that cost stamina.
  • Berserker
    • Increase Armour to: Full chain, diamond helmet (it is pretty low compared to warriors, and poor armor makes it a poor choice compared to dk/paladin.
  • Samurai – This class is still in development, and as such no changes recommended until we get a final skillset/grasp on what the class can and cannot do.
Edit#1 - Changes to bard
Edit#2 - Minor changes to disciple
Edit#3 - Nerfs to Bloodmage and buffs to Necromancer (Actual attribute buffs)
Edit #7 - math wrong on dk, again minor nerf
Edit #8 - math wrong on divine blessing reduction
Edit #9 - minor buff to dragoon jump, increased armor on zerker
Edit #10 - made necromancer skill optional - becuse it isn't balance team to make new skills.

Last edited:

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
@Balance Team - please review these changes suggested, they are simmilar to @TrueCorruptor post but more updated to the current meta/problems within it.

@Kainzo can we please get this pushed to live? I understand you are working on reducing the number of skills, but in the meantime we need number fixes, classes such as pyromancer/ninja/runeblade/necro are unplayable in this current meta due to the excessive strength of dreadknight/paladin/cleric. While this will not fix all problems, we need to get balance changes pushed to live.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Agree in almost everything, please change the armor values:

Wizard, Necromancer, Beguiler, Bloodmage, Disciple - 40
NInja, Runeblade, Druid, Pyromancer, Shaman - 45
Ranger, Bard - 50
Cleric - 55
Berserker - 60
Dragoon - 70
Dreadknight - 75
Paladin - 80

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Agree with these changes 100 percent. Although don't think that Ninja change is going to do much justice.

Last edited: